Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seating at ITFC with children 10:22 - Apr 22 with 1340 viewshype313

Forgive my ignorance, but my Son has mentioned how he would like to start coming to games (He's 6) I know there was a small family enclosure years ago, is that still the best spot or are there better viewing alternatives?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Seating at ITFC with children on 11:14 - Apr 22 with 1250 viewsGeoffSentence

It's a while since I sat in the family enclosure with my lad, what with him being all grown up and all, but I have to say that was where I heard the bluest, foulest language that I have heard at FPR. From the kids .

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seating at ITFC with children on 11:49 - Apr 22 with 1206 viewsSWGF

It's the *cheapest* spot. I started taking Jnr when he was about 6yrs old and that was upper North. But then migrated to the Family Enclosure; currently in upper Pioneer, at the Churchmans corner. Decent enough view. Think you can go lower tiers and maybe lower Churchmans and still be in the "Family" section.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Seating at ITFC with children on 12:26 - Apr 22 with 1102 viewsitfc_bucks

I took my then 6 year old to the Blackpool game season before last. He did the first time at PR thing, where they get taken onto the pitch, photo with Bluey and a certificate. Loved every second of it.

I'll never, ever forget when we were going through Planet Blue and he caught sight of the inside of the stadium for the first time. He pressed right up against the glass, eyes like dinner plates! Really special moment for me.

We sat in the front row of the South and he loved every second, especially Gwion scoring right in front of us!
Seating at ITFC with children on 12:30 - Apr 22 with 1089 viewshype313

Seating at ITFC with children on 11:49 - Apr 22 by SWGF

It's the *cheapest* spot. I started taking Jnr when he was about 6yrs old and that was upper North. But then migrated to the Family Enclosure; currently in upper Pioneer, at the Churchmans corner. Decent enough view. Think you can go lower tiers and maybe lower Churchmans and still be in the "Family" section.

Cheers, might give the Churchmans a go, the language isn't a problem as the worst you will hear is the occasional tut.

Seating at ITFC with children on 12:33 - Apr 22 with 1081 viewsChiefXL

Seating at ITFC with children on 12:30 - Apr 22 by hype313

Cheers, might give the Churchmans a go, the language isn't a problem as the worst you will hear is the occasional tut.

It sit in Lower Churchman's with my kids and I can assure you the language is just as bad as anywhere else
Seating at ITFC with children on 12:36 - Apr 22 with 1075 viewsChurchman

Seating at ITFC with children on 11:49 - Apr 22 by SWGF

Yes, lower Churchmans should be fine. Middle tier Pioneer for a good view, a sleep and a reprimand if you wave to the dressing room an opposition player sent off. I would avoid anywhere near the dugout, given the abuse the manager gets.
Seating at ITFC with children on 12:42 - Apr 22 with 1050 viewsitfc_bucks

Seating at ITFC with children on 11:14 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

It's a while since I sat in the family enclosure with my lad, what with him being all grown up and all, but I have to say that was where I heard the bluest, foulest language that I have heard at FPR. From the kids .

We did Wycombe away (the game where Norris went walkies and Akinfenwa bullied our whole backline with a 15 minute cameo), some geezer behind us shouts "Ref, you c**t".

My boy, innocently - "daddy, what can't the ref do?".

Bless you, my child. Bless your naievity!

On a side note, we stayed to see the players off afterwards. Sears wasn't playing, but was with the squad. For reasons known only to my son, Freddie is his hero. He took pictures with our lad, signed everything for him and chatted. Whatever you think of the player, as a human being, he's alright in my book!
Seating at ITFC with children on 12:58 - Apr 22 with 999 views3_5_2

Took my daughter into the family enclosure when she was 8 and have season tickets stilland she is 13 now because we know everyone around us and some family have moved in to.

It is a decent view, you can get autographs of players on the bench (and sometimes from others) and there is little or no swearing

Bluey comes and sits with us quite often which the little ones like

I do go and sit in the Lower North when she is not with me as I like to have my say, which is not easy when in the family enclosure !!

As a way of getting you son involved, its a great idea and like has been said, the club do various schemes for "first games" etc

We need all the support we can get !!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Login to get fewer ads

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:01 - Apr 22 with 984 viewshype313

Seating at ITFC with children on 12:58 - Apr 22 by 3_5_2

Took my daughter into the family enclosure when she was 8 and have season tickets stilland she is 13 now because we know everyone around us and some family have moved in to.

It is a decent view, you can get autographs of players on the bench (and sometimes from others) and there is little or no swearing

Bluey comes and sits with us quite often which the little ones like

I do go and sit in the Lower North when she is not with me as I like to have my say, which is not easy when in the family enclosure !!

As a way of getting you son involved, its a great idea and like has been said, the club do various schemes for "first games" etc

We need all the support we can get !!

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping that when we are able to return the team will be somewhat better...

Otherwise I'd probably get kicked out of the family enclosure!

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:27 - Apr 22 with 941 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:30 - Apr 22 with 930 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I have been taking my son since he was 6, and we have sat within the lower family area of the East of England Co-operative stand (or the Pioneer stand if one is of a certain vintage).

The lower area gives a good view of both ends, and sitting nearer to the front can really help your little one become immersed in the action.

The language is normally PG, as almost everyone respects there will be little ears around but it isn't impossible for a naughty word to slip out on a rare occasion.

I believe there are a couple of family areas on the middle tier of this stand. The view from there is also good, but one is slightly further away from the action.

Hope this helps, but please give me a shout if you need anything further.

All the best 🙂
Seating at ITFC with children on 13:32 - Apr 22 with 924 viewshype313

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:30 - Apr 22 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I have been taking my son since he was 6, and we have sat within the lower family area of the East of England Co-operative stand (or the Pioneer stand if one is of a certain vintage).

The lower area gives a good view of both ends, and sitting nearer to the front can really help your little one become immersed in the action.

The language is normally PG, as almost everyone respects there will be little ears around but it isn't impossible for a naughty word to slip out on a rare occasion.

I believe there are a couple of family areas on the middle tier of this stand. The view from there is also good, but one is slightly further away from the action.

Hope this helps, but please give me a shout if you need anything further.

All the best 🙂

Brill, thanks Mark, appreciate that.

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:34 - Apr 22 with 919 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I took my 6yr old to front row of the Churchmans Upper and was surrounded by knuckle draggers every where.

Being a non-season-ticket holder I sit where ever I feel on the day and have sat pretty much everywhere over the years but I have to say, the top of Churchmans is where I have encountered the most swearing and the lowest IQ.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 13:35]
Seating at ITFC with children on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 893 viewshype313

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:34 - Apr 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

I took my 6yr old to front row of the Churchmans Upper and was surrounded by knuckle draggers every where.

Being a non-season-ticket holder I sit where ever I feel on the day and have sat pretty much everywhere over the years but I have to say, the top of Churchmans is where I have encountered the most swearing and the lowest IQ.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 13:35]

That's Facters and Benters taking their online war of words to the game.

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:49 - Apr 22 with 871 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Seating at ITFC with children on 13:32 - Apr 22 by hype313

Brill, thanks Mark, appreciate that.

You're very welcome!

I forgot to mention that sitting in the lower area makes it easier to get player signatures and photos, and kids tend to love this aspect!

My boy is now 10, a season ticket holder and he still loves collecting signatures and still wears that wide-eyed expression of awe as he gets another one!

Hope you and your boy have a great time 👍🏾
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 14:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024