Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge statement of intent from Biden 14:28 - Apr 22 with 6957 viewsStokieBlue

Was it expected that he would commit the US to halving their emissions in the next 8.5 years?

That's a huge commitment, one I am surprised they are even able to attempt. I imagine it'll also sent the Republicans into total meltdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56837927

Also an excellent animation on there showing the emissions of the biggest polluters over time. The rise of China since about 2010 is ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 461 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:47 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

I wouldn’t say I was a trump ‘fan boy’ I would have voted for him over Biden though, still would. I think Biden is pretty useless and ineffective in pretty much all areas bar this. I call a spade a spade though and this is a good policy.

He’s done the square route of nothing since he came in. Hasn’t even reversed the wall. Typical of the Washington swamp. Talks lots, does little.
As I said this is great as a commitment. I fear he may not be able to follow through with it though due to aforementioned swamp like tendencies.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 453 viewsStokieBlue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:54 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

He’s done the square route of nothing since he came in. Hasn’t even reversed the wall. Typical of the Washington swamp. Talks lots, does little.
As I said this is great as a commitment. I fear he may not be able to follow through with it though due to aforementioned swamp like tendencies.

It's quite impressive to be able to write sentences where nothing is true.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:56 - Apr 22 with 452 viewsfooters

*root

Wow. You really did swallow all the Kool Aid, didn't you?

How did Trump get on draining the swamp, btw? Oh yeah, that's right, he filled it full of his own cronies instead.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:56 - Apr 22 with 451 viewsSpruceMoose

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Oh Paz. You're not the brightest. In fact, I would go as far as to say that you might actually be the dumbest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:57 - Apr 22 with 445 viewseastangliaisblue

Is this a copy and paste of a Trump tweet?
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:58 - Apr 22 with 432 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:57 - Apr 22 by eastangliaisblue

Is this a copy and paste of a Trump tweet?

Paz probably printed them all out and had them bound.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:58 - Apr 22 with 432 views26_Paz

I’m not going to get into trump vs Biden with a gang of TWTD’s finest lefties. Back to the original point, I was simply applauding a bold commitment and hoping it can be achieved.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:59 - Apr 22 with 431 viewseastangliaisblue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:58 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

Paz probably printed them all out and had them bound.

Framed and hung above his bed in the box room.
Login to get fewer ads

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:00 - Apr 22 with 424 viewsjeera

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:55 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

It's quite impressive to be able to write sentences where nothing is true.

SB

Some 60 executive orders to date.

23 of which are direct reversals of the Trump Administration's.

Incredible contrast.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 421 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:59 - Apr 22 by eastangliaisblue

Framed and hung above his bed in the box room.

No need for any of your trademark abuse gents. We actually agree on the main issue this post!

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 419 viewseastangliaisblue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

No need for any of your trademark abuse gents. We actually agree on the main issue this post!

Abuse?
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 417 viewsfooters

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 by eastangliaisblue

Abuse?

I was only telling it like it is.

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 413 viewsHARRY10

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 20:41 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

You've misunderstood my post.

Is it misleading for the West to want another nation that specifically chose to build their economy around that supply to the West to clean up it's act?

The West didn't force China to design their economy that way. To absolve them isn't right either. Yes some responsibility is with us for buying that stuff but people are also responsible for their own economies and how they planned them.

It's also far from just stuff we buy, they have a massive internal industry and usage of power which is nothing to do with the West.

SB
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 20:47]

Every emerging economy grows by undercutting its competitors by producing goods of smaller value - see Germany late 19th century

That is done by the use of cheaper labour costs, and raw materials. The latter currently being produced by what more developed economies find less economically viable.

I suspect there is an element of certain economies using climate change as a means to remove competitors.
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 412 viewseastangliaisblue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:02 - Apr 22 by footers

I was only telling it like it is.

You bloody lefties.
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:03 - Apr 22 with 409 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 by eastangliaisblue

Abuse?

I can see the road you’re going down. Starts with remarks about ‘box rooms’ and ‘racing car beds’ soon gets to obscenities. I’m sorry for you guys but you’ve got no reason to vent your bile in this direction today.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:05 - Apr 22 with 406 viewseastangliaisblue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:03 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

I can see the road you’re going down. Starts with remarks about ‘box rooms’ and ‘racing car beds’ soon gets to obscenities. I’m sorry for you guys but you’ve got no reason to vent your bile in this direction today.

HAHAHAHAHA.......HAHAHAHAHA
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:09 - Apr 22 with 395 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:01 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

We don't agree, as you don't actually know what you're talking about.

You're just making stuff up, and you thought there would be an easy win here for dear old Paz. However, some of us have been paying attention to what you've been supporting during your time here!

Unlucky!

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:10 - Apr 22 with 392 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:03 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

Man, that race car bed jibe must have been about 18 months ago. That one really stung eh?!

Must have been a little close to home I reckon! Vroom vroom!

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:11 - Apr 22 with 387 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:10 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

Man, that race car bed jibe must have been about 18 months ago. That one really stung eh?!

Must have been a little close to home I reckon! Vroom vroom!

Nope, still not biting.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:12 - Apr 22 with 384 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:00 - Apr 22 by jeera

Some 60 executive orders to date.

23 of which are direct reversals of the Trump Administration's.

Incredible contrast.

Of course. Only the TWTD equivalent of Matt Gaetz would try to claim otherwise. Deranged and brainwashed.

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:12 - Apr 22 with 383 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:09 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

We don't agree, as you don't actually know what you're talking about.

You're just making stuff up, and you thought there would be an easy win here for dear old Paz. However, some of us have been paying attention to what you've been supporting during your time here!

Unlucky!

I actually take a very keen interest in sustainability and have been involved in a few threads here on the topic.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:16 - Apr 22 with 377 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:12 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

I actually take a very keen interest in sustainability and have been involved in a few threads here on the topic.

Sure.

I'm sure you're very passionate about 'sustainability', and it is in no way contradictory that you also just happened to openly support the bloke who withdrew the US from the Paris Climate agreement, and indeed was also the bloke leading the one mainstream western political party who pretty much still denies that climate change is a real.

You're all over the shop here Paz. Time for you to take a nap or a lay down. Tell me though, is it tricky getting to sleep in your Nigel Mansell helmet?

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:17 - Apr 22 with 375 viewsfooters

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:16 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

Sure.

I'm sure you're very passionate about 'sustainability', and it is in no way contradictory that you also just happened to openly support the bloke who withdrew the US from the Paris Climate agreement, and indeed was also the bloke leading the one mainstream western political party who pretty much still denies that climate change is a real.

You're all over the shop here Paz. Time for you to take a nap or a lay down. Tell me though, is it tricky getting to sleep in your Nigel Mansell helmet?

Those arctic oil supplies won't last forever!

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:19 - Apr 22 with 371 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:17 - Apr 22 by footers

Those arctic oil supplies won't last forever!

I don't think anyone is actually as stupid as Paz is being here. He's just looking for attention, so time to cut him off!

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:21 - Apr 22 with 364 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:16 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

Sure.

I don’t think there’s ever been a time when I’ve ever agreed with every single one of a politicians policies. Climate was the one thing where I really disagreed with trump.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024