Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge statement of intent from Biden 14:28 - Apr 22 with 6873 viewsStokieBlue

Was it expected that he would commit the US to halving their emissions in the next 8.5 years?

That's a huge commitment, one I am surprised they are even able to attempt. I imagine it'll also sent the Republicans into total meltdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56837927

Also an excellent animation on there showing the emissions of the biggest polluters over time. The rise of China since about 2010 is ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:23 - Apr 22 with 1582 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:21 - Apr 22 by 26_Paz

I don’t think there’s ever been a time when I’ve ever agreed with every single one of a politicians policies. Climate was the one thing where I really disagreed with trump.

That was the ONE thing?!

Arf.

Anyhow, good night Senna x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:24 - Apr 22 with 1572 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:19 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

I don't think anyone is actually as stupid as Paz is being here. He's just looking for attention, so time to cut him off!

If ‘cutting me off’ means ‘not abusing me’ then thanks!

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:24 - Apr 22 with 1569 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:23 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

That was the ONE thing?!

Arf.

Anyhow, good night Senna x

Good night, sir.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:28 - Apr 22 with 1554 viewschicoazul

Lads I don’t particularly like Paz’s opinions either but this relentless pile on is a very bad look and may be upsetting for him and others reading so why not turn it in?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 12:25 - Apr 29 with 1461 viewsStokieBlue

So from his speech to congress it looks like Biden is pushing even further with his progressive policies.

This was quite an important statement:

“Trickle-down economics has never worked. It’s time to grow the economy from the bottom up and middle out,” Biden said. “We’re going reform corporate taxes so they pay their fair share — and help pay for the public investments their businesses will benefit from.”

Going to be quite a bit of pushback from politicians but the changes seem to have cross-party support from voters.

Also highlights that one needs to first get into power before being able to push any "radical" agenda. None of this was really spoken of in detail before he was voted in.

SB

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 12:33 - Apr 29 with 1450 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 12:25 - Apr 29 by StokieBlue

So from his speech to congress it looks like Biden is pushing even further with his progressive policies.

This was quite an important statement:

“Trickle-down economics has never worked. It’s time to grow the economy from the bottom up and middle out,” Biden said. “We’re going reform corporate taxes so they pay their fair share — and help pay for the public investments their businesses will benefit from.”

Going to be quite a bit of pushback from politicians but the changes seem to have cross-party support from voters.

Also highlights that one needs to first get into power before being able to push any "radical" agenda. None of this was really spoken of in detail before he was voted in.

SB

You're mistaken SB. Paz said he ain't done nuffink since he came to be in the role of Prez* so and he's really been paying attention.

*by 'nothing' Paz means he is very upset that Biden hasn't yet enriched himself and his cronies, tried to have one half of the country murder the other half, and he hasn't attempted to punish the libs, bummers, darkies, beaners, trannies, weirdos, freaks and hippies for not being gun waving, God fearing, patriots.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 16:56 - Apr 29 with 1415 viewsDinDjarin

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:28 - Apr 22 by chicoazul

Lads I don’t particularly like Paz’s opinions either but this relentless pile on is a very bad look and may be upsetting for him and others reading so why not turn it in?

They will never change. Like vultures on a carcass.
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 18:10 - Apr 29 with 1389 viewsjeera

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 16:56 - Apr 29 by DinDjarin

Don't be silly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 18:13 - Apr 29 with 1386 viewsmidastouch

Nuclear energy (the energy elephant in the room!) anybody as part of the solution?

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-safest-source-energy/

https://www.engineering.com/story/whats-the-death-toll-of-nuclear-vs-other-energ

I was totally against nuclear energy but I have to say that documentary film (Pandora's Promise) made me question some of my doubts and fears. I only watched it fairly recently and I'm still not quite sure how to digest it all properly! Anybody else seen it? If so what did you make of it?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:28 - Apr 29 with 1298 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 16:56 - Apr 29 by DinDjarin

I don’t like Biden, don’t like the man, don’t like his policies. He’s massively part of a swamp that was very nearly drained, but, I applaud his efforts regarding sustainability. There is no room for grey with some people on here.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:46 - Apr 29 with 1283 viewsHARRY10

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:28 - Apr 29 by 26_Paz

I don’t like Biden, don’t like the man, don’t like his policies. He’s massively part of a swamp that was very nearly drained, but, I applaud his efforts regarding sustainability. There is no room for grey with some people on here.

I remember those very words I asked of my wife some years back

Does it have to be you pregnant or not, is there not room for any 'grey area'

As to the trickle down effect that is so laughable that only dimwitted righties fall for it - one being that the more wealth you allow the rich to have, the more crumbs might fall from the table.

What the US needs to do is start putting back into the economy, not constantly taking out from the economy. Fix the creaking and collapsing infrastructure. Get rid of it's third world type health 9un) care system.

Transform the police into a service - not an occupying force.

But fair play to what Biden is putting out on climate. A thought that suggests he is not in the pocket of oil companies as was and is Trump and so many Republican senators, representatives etc

And for all Chinas faults on this matter, it is light years ahead of the US in solar power.
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 21:47 - Apr 29 with 1281 viewsDarth_Koont

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 18:10 - Apr 29 by jeera

Don't be silly.

Underrated post.

Pronouns: He/Him

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 22:21 - Apr 29 with 1261 viewsSpruceMoose

The swamp was very nearly drained? What right wing, Facebook frenzied, Karen moderated, Qanon addicted echo chamber do you live in exactly?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 22:54 - Apr 29 with 1226 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 22:21 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

The swamp was very nearly drained? What right wing, Facebook frenzied, Karen moderated, Qanon addicted echo chamber do you live in exactly?

This post has been edited by an administrator

That’s just stupid abuse. I am a conservative who happens to be very concerned about sustainability. It is possible to agree with most of what some politicians say whilst being concerned about a cause that the ‘other side’ ‘owns’

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 23:09 - Apr 29 with 1221 viewsSpruceMoose

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 22:54 - Apr 29 by 26_Paz

That’s just stupid abuse. I am a conservative who happens to be very concerned about sustainability. It is possible to agree with most of what some politicians say whilst being concerned about a cause that the ‘other side’ ‘owns’

Good one!

Let us know when you're ready to explain how Trump 'very nearly drained the swamp' and we can upgrade your from troll to utter simpleton.

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 08:55 - Apr 30 with 1147 viewsStokieBlue

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 22:54 - Apr 29 by 26_Paz

Did you criticise Trump for not caring at all about sustainability or the environment?

I don't recall it if you did.

SB

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:24 - Apr 30 with 1136 viewsPhilTWTD

Swamp was nearly drained? This is just trolling, isn't it? What's people's thoughts? Time for a rest?
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 1123 viewshype313

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:24 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

Swamp was nearly drained? This is just trolling, isn't it? What's people's thoughts? Time for a rest?

Think the condoning of "Pile the bodies high" comment was a Yellow at best...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 1118 viewsElephantintheRoom

Seems odd to get so worked up about the goood old boys in the USA when we have our own charlatan making good PR about holier than thou targets that will be impossible to reach

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:30 - Apr 30 with 1116 viewsDarth_Koont

Go for it.

Would also set a standard to get a little more honesty, decency and truth back in discussions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 1111 viewsPhilTWTD

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:25 - Apr 30 by hype313

Think the condoning of "Pile the bodies high" comment was a Yellow at best...

I didn't see that and no one reported it.
Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 1109 views26_Paz

I’ll take a rest if it’s what you guys want but I take a lot worse than I give.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 1105 views26_Paz

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:32 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

That’s because it didn’t happen.

The Paz Man

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:33 - Apr 30 with 1100 viewshype313

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:32 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

Hi Arsene.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huge statement of intent from Biden on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 1096 viewsDanTheMan

Not bothered either way but I did laugh at the comment, I'd genuinely love to know what parts of the "swamp" were drained.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024