Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert 15:39 - Apr 22 with 964 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Cook has come in with arguably a better position in this league than Lambert had taken over from Hurst, although Lambert had a lot more time to fix it, and much like Lambert, Cook has done appallingly as Ipswich manager. He's utterly destroyed the morale and performance of what many said was one of, if not the best, squads in the league. The football has taken a huge backward step, the players are biting at each other when mistakes are made, Cook is screaming from the sidelines like a pub manager and nothing is working. He's been terrible with his selections, tactics and due to the teams failure to win games under him he's coined himself the demolition man because he's going to rip the squad up in the summer. That should inspire the players. I have not liked the way we have played since Cook arrived and took some stick for it. He has been terrible. I am still unhappy about Cook and I feel he's performed well below what we should accept as a manager here. The team has regressed to its worse ever state in my opinion and not even Lambert or Gill had them performing so poorly or utterly demoralized as Cook has in such a short space of time. Some have compared him to Hurst, but given that the supporters are largely failing to accept just how badly he has done like they did with Lambert, he like Lambert is being given freedom to continue to fail and I dread what is coming next.

I am also worried about Ashton given his bad reputation everywhere he has been. I think the Cook/Ashton mix could potentially be a disaster for us. As for ripping up the squad I though that under FFP transfers fees were limited by the clubs overall income, not by what money the owners could in theory spend unless Evans has misled us on that? If so how can we afford to replace 15-20 players when we can't shell out on fees. Are there that many good players on free transfers coming up that we can realistically bring in or will it be more of the same? I had such high hopes for the new owners but hanging on to Cook and letting him do a Lambert and hang on despite all the evidence suggesting he's not performing will be a fair indication of how they are going to run the club and that it will just be Evans again but with a happier face.

I have been trying not to post over the last few weeks. I have been trying to remain positive but the current situation has sucked the life out of me and although you may hate me for it, I do not think Paul Cook is the right man to take us up, especially now his best coach cannot join us.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:41 - Apr 22 with 948 viewswkj

He's not had a fully fit squad. Had he have done, things would look different. There really is no more to it than that in my opinion.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:41 - Apr 22 with 937 viewsWD19

No he isn't.
Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:42 - Apr 22 with 929 viewschrismakin

Yep the clubs ruined. It will fold end of next season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 891 viewsOsborneOneNil

Man Up.
Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 888 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:42 - Apr 22 by chrismakin

Just the club? Maybe we're all doomed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:49 - Apr 22 with 884 viewsSpruceMoose

I wish I could give this more than one downvote. I might make an entirely new profile just so that I can.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:49 - Apr 22 with 871 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:42 - Apr 22 by chrismakin

Oh, thank God - an end to the suffering!
Paul Cook is looking like the next Paul Lambert on 15:56 - Apr 22 with 854 viewsitfcjoe

Try not to worry too much, a few of us are frustrated but Cook's record before coming here is basically without blemish (although he wasn't always particularly popular at Pompey) and he is going to have a pretty free hand in the summer

His record deserves some faith to get it right in summer, just a real shame how poorly things have gone so far

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024