Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at Danny Cowley 16:13 - Apr 22 with 3051 viewshype313

Who was my first choice, it just goes to show how hard it is to get some kind of rhythm going taking over the reins Mid Season, 12 points from 24, 1 point from the last 4 games.

I appreciate we all expected Cook to do better than he has done, but it's hardly like Danny Cowley is blazing a trail either, and you could say under far less extenuating circumstances.

Think we all just need to sit back, forget the play offs, enjoy the sunshine and wait for better things to come in the next few months.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 580 viewshype313

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:50 - Apr 22 by Vic

Jimmy F H!

Yes! you called it yesterday correctly and I forgot him today!

I'm a berk.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:30 - Apr 22 with 560 viewsKeaneish

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:16 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Not really. We played alright for 40 minutes but after they equalised they looked the more likely to win it.

We played well for 60 minutes, they score against the run of play and the ball was out that led to the goal. A point would have been a fair result after the second half revival. They were fortunate to beat us.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:38 - Apr 22 with 556 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:30 - Apr 22 by Keaneish

We played well for 60 minutes, they score against the run of play and the ball was out that led to the goal. A point would have been a fair result after the second half revival. They were fortunate to beat us.

I'd say it was more like 40 minutes that we played alright for. After that they were the better side. They didn't create loads and a draw would have been a pretty fair outcome, but I think describing them as being fortunate to win is a real stretch.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 19:54]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 546 viewsKeaneish

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:38 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I'd say it was more like 40 minutes that we played alright for. After that they were the better side. They didn't create loads and a draw would have been a pretty fair outcome, but I think describing them as being fortunate to win is a real stretch.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 19:54]

Given their goal shouldn’t have counted I’d say the mistake by the officials made it fortunate for them - don’t really see how that’s a stretch but there are far more interesting topics to debate or argue about

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 528 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:45 - Apr 22 by Keaneish

Given their goal shouldn’t have counted I’d say the mistake by the officials made it fortunate for them - don’t really see how that’s a stretch but there are far more interesting topics to debate or argue about

Not sure the ball was out to be fair.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 456 viewsOsborneOneNil

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:04 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Disagree. It was a good corner and a good header, it didn't fly in off someone's arse. They then went on the be the better side for the rest of the game.

First chance on goal totally changed the game, Herb. That’s what he’s saying. That goes over the bar (yes, I know it didn’t) and we go in at 1-0, could be different.

Anyway, doesn’t matter now. Let’s get to the summer, clear out and go again.
Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:12 - Apr 23 with 448 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:04 - Apr 23 by OsborneOneNil

First chance on goal totally changed the game, Herb. That’s what he’s saying. That goes over the bar (yes, I know it didn’t) and we go in at 1-0, could be different.

Anyway, doesn’t matter now. Let’s get to the summer, clear out and go again.

I find that a really odd way of looking at it to be honest. They scored a goal with their first decent chance (not their first effort though, they had a shot in the opening minutes), we've done the same a number of times this season. It happens. After they scored they were the better side, I don't think we can have any complaints about losing. That a few of you are clutching at straws and suggesting we were unlucky is a measure of how little we've had to cling on to this season, and especially since Cook arrived.

Here's hoping the summer goes an awful lot better than the last couple of months have done.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:39 - Apr 23 with 427 viewsKeaneish

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:12 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

I find that a really odd way of looking at it to be honest. They scored a goal with their first decent chance (not their first effort though, they had a shot in the opening minutes), we've done the same a number of times this season. It happens. After they scored they were the better side, I don't think we can have any complaints about losing. That a few of you are clutching at straws and suggesting we were unlucky is a measure of how little we've had to cling on to this season, and especially since Cook arrived.

Here's hoping the summer goes an awful lot better than the last couple of months have done.

The ball was a yard out, Herbs. The fact that we all stopped and Curtis walked through non-existent defending is another conversation. Agree they were the better side in the second half but only dominated for the last 30 mins. We should have been 2 up in the first half but we were profligate. That coupled with a fortuitous decision and their 30 minute spell when they were on top, in my eyes makes them a little fortunate.

Anyway, let’s judge Cook vs Cowley at Fratton Park and PR next season. Too early to call who is the better.

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 425 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:39 - Apr 23 by Keaneish

The ball was a yard out, Herbs. The fact that we all stopped and Curtis walked through non-existent defending is another conversation. Agree they were the better side in the second half but only dominated for the last 30 mins. We should have been 2 up in the first half but we were profligate. That coupled with a fortuitous decision and their 30 minute spell when they were on top, in my eyes makes them a little fortunate.

Anyway, let’s judge Cook vs Cowley at Fratton Park and PR next season. Too early to call who is the better.

It was never a yard out! But anyway, yes let's judge next season if both are still in post.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 09:08 - Apr 23 with 410 viewsBlueNomad

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:39 - Apr 23 by Keaneish

A yard out??? Are you one of those guys who claims three inches is actually nine?
Looking at Danny Cowley on 09:10 - Apr 23 with 407 viewshype313

Looking at Danny Cowley on 09:08 - Apr 23 by BlueNomad

A yard out??? Are you one of those guys who claims three inches is actually nine?

Is it not? Asking for a friend.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 10:26 - Apr 23 with 360 viewsjayessess

Looking at Danny Cowley on 08:12 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

You've inferred a couple of things I wasn't intending here. I don't have any complaints about losing and I'm idly wondering rather than clutching at straws.

Is it that odd to consider it fortunate to be playing badly and then score from your one set piece? On average teams score from only 1 corner in every 50.

The week before we'd had more and better chances than Plymouth during our 1-0 win, but as a shot-shy, attacking mess we were certainly fortunate to benefit from a bad back pass 4 minutes in!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:43]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looking at Danny Cowley on 10:33 - Apr 23 with 351 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 10:26 - Apr 23 by jayessess

You've inferred a couple of things I wasn't intending here. I don't have any complaints about losing and I'm idly wondering rather than clutching at straws.

Is it that odd to consider it fortunate to be playing badly and then score from your one set piece? On average teams score from only 1 corner in every 50.

The week before we'd had more and better chances than Plymouth during our 1-0 win, but as a shot-shy, attacking mess we were certainly fortunate to benefit from a bad back pass 4 minutes in!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:43]

I just don't think fortunate is a way I'd describe it, personally. It was a good delivery and a good header. If they'd shanked the corner and a gust of wind had blown it in over Holy that would be rather fortunate, if they scuffed it and our clearance hit their player in the face and it flew in I'd say that's fortunate. Whipping in a very good corner that gets headed straight in isn't really fortunate. But I guess that reflects that we perhaps use the word differently. Agree to disagree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024