Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at Danny Cowley 16:13 - Apr 22 with 3053 viewshype313

Who was my first choice, it just goes to show how hard it is to get some kind of rhythm going taking over the reins Mid Season, 12 points from 24, 1 point from the last 4 games.

I appreciate we all expected Cook to do better than he has done, but it's hardly like Danny Cowley is blazing a trail either, and you could say under far less extenuating circumstances.

Think we all just need to sit back, forget the play offs, enjoy the sunshine and wait for better things to come in the next few months.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:16 - Apr 22 with 2425 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Think we all just need to sit back, forget the play offs, enjoy the sunshine and wait for better things to come in the next few months."

Amen to that. It's going to take a fair while to turn this club around. We've a great opportunity now though with the new owners coming in and starting to put in place the structures that we've been crying out for for years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:18 - Apr 22 with 2419 viewsPhilTWTD

Think it's also worth noting how much better Portsmouth were than us in the cup tie and the league match down here, so he has taken on a side which has shown much better form this season. Have to say I was very surprised they drifted as they did in the period before the change of manager.
Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:20 - Apr 22 with 2379 viewsmonty_radio

I wanted the Cowleys too. I note that they were only under contract till the season's end. I thought that they were better suited to a project, although I wasn't unhappy with Cook. But like many, at the moment I'm just unhappy full stop. These extensive threads where folk endlessly sweat over whether Cook should stay, go or hide behind the bike sheds just provoke needless anxiety. The big play has been made twice over. We need to sit on our hands.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:22 - Apr 22 with 2351 viewsBlueWorldOrder

This is exactly the mentality we had with Lambert when he did so poorly and we were relegated. Paul Cook has done badly as our manager so far. We all hope he turns it around but just from the way we have played we have to acknowledge that hes struggling here. How much time should he get?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 2356 viewshype313

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:18 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

Think it's also worth noting how much better Portsmouth were than us in the cup tie and the league match down here, so he has taken on a side which has shown much better form this season. Have to say I was very surprised they drifted as they did in the period before the change of manager.

I posted yesterday that even Mick's initial form has petered out, last 5 games 3 draws and 2 losses, one of which was a 5-0 hammering by relegation threatened Wednesday. Realistically only Tuchel has shown a vast improvement, but he has had his nose blooded by WBA and Brighton should have won the other night.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:24 - Apr 22 with 2336 viewshype313

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:22 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

This is exactly the mentality we had with Lambert when he did so poorly and we were relegated. Paul Cook has done badly as our manager so far. We all hope he turns it around but just from the way we have played we have to acknowledge that hes struggling here. How much time should he get?

Like all these managers, they need a summer having come in mid season at the very least, to throw the baby out with the bathwater given the circumstances is nonsense.

We all expected more, but in reality the squad is showing why we have been in terminal decline, regardless of who took over.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:26 - Apr 22 with 2312 viewspointofblue

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:18 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

I thought we looked around their equal during the cup tie, especially in the second half and we made quite a few changes for that too. League game there was a definite gap though we did well at Fratton Park until they scored.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:44 - Apr 22 with 2227 viewsSteve_M

As with Cook, he came in at probably the worst time to make much of an impact and I think the fixture congestion this season just magnifies that. As Phil says though, they have been a more coherent side than us. Pearson hasn't achieved a great deal in terms of results either.

I still expected more from Cook though.

16 days to go....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:47 - Apr 22 with 2181 viewsStokieBlue

He should get the summer, preseason and a chance.

Imagine if you took over a pub but were told you couldn't try and get new people to come, couldn't change the menu or beers but you can move the existing table and chairs around but if you waited you would get a chance to change things.

I suspect you'd be upset if you were then sacked because takings were bad before you had the chance to make the changes you wanted.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:48 - Apr 22 with 2170 viewsChurchman

Apart from the Lincoln humiliation, I really don’t know a lot about the Cowley’s. A new manager is always a risk in that while they may have succeeded at one club, that isn’t always replicated. Moyse is a classic example of that. Personally, Cook was a better choice than DC at the time.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 17:05]
Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:55 - Apr 22 with 2084 viewsPhilTWTD

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:23 - Apr 22 by hype313

I posted yesterday that even Mick's initial form has petered out, last 5 games 3 draws and 2 losses, one of which was a 5-0 hammering by relegation threatened Wednesday. Realistically only Tuchel has shown a vast improvement, but he has had his nose blooded by WBA and Brighton should have won the other night.

And they similarly were in the play-offs last season so had been severely underperforming when the change was made.
Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:57 - Apr 22 with 2066 viewsSWGF

Longer than seven weeks

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:57 - Apr 22 with 2062 viewsKeaneish

They were very fortunate to get a win against us too!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 1925 viewshype313

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:57 - Apr 22 by Keaneish

Surprised by Ellis Harrison to be honest, I was quite disappointed when he left, but looked like the right decision in hindsight

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 1767 viewssolemio

As much as Bobby Robson was given in his early days.
Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 1749 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:57 - Apr 22 by Keaneish

Not really. We played alright for 40 minutes but after they equalised they looked the more likely to win it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:32 - Apr 22 with 1686 viewshoppy

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:47 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

He should get the summer, preseason and a chance.

Imagine if you took over a pub but were told you couldn't try and get new people to come, couldn't change the menu or beers but you can move the existing table and chairs around but if you waited you would get a chance to change things.

I suspect you'd be upset if you were then sacked because takings were bad before you had the chance to make the changes you wanted.

SB

What beers are available?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:33 - Apr 22 with 1687 viewsjayessess

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:16 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Not really. We played alright for 40 minutes but after they equalised they looked the more likely to win it.

Hadn't had a meaningful attack until a very bad free kick gave them an unearned corner. They were going nowhere until that point.

Part of me wonders how our season goes if that header hits the post and goes out then the next 50 minutes unfold like the first 40 had...
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 18:36]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:40 - Apr 22 with 1649 viewsSteve_M

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:33 - Apr 22 by jayessess

Hadn't had a meaningful attack until a very bad free kick gave them an unearned corner. They were going nowhere until that point.

Part of me wonders how our season goes if that header hits the post and goes out then the next 50 minutes unfold like the first 40 had...

"Part of me wonders how our season goes if that header hits the post and goes out then the next 50 minutes unfold like the first 40 had..."

See Reading, Bristol City, Millwall in Lambert's first couple of months. All games where we would have got more with a bit more luck and composure but didn't.

The difference between then and now though is that we will rebuild properly next season and I doubt Cook will loose interest like PL did.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:41 - Apr 22 with 1649 viewsGeomorph

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:20 - Apr 22 by monty_radio

I wanted the Cowleys too. I note that they were only under contract till the season's end. I thought that they were better suited to a project, although I wasn't unhappy with Cook. But like many, at the moment I'm just unhappy full stop. These extensive threads where folk endlessly sweat over whether Cook should stay, go or hide behind the bike sheds just provoke needless anxiety. The big play has been made twice over. We need to sit on our hands.

We all see it playing out in our own viewpoint. I’m concerned for Cook but I am for the first time in many years optimistic about the coming season with many of the required conditions in place for a ctrl alt del job
Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 1617 viewsjayessess

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:40 - Apr 22 by Steve_M

"Part of me wonders how our season goes if that header hits the post and goes out then the next 50 minutes unfold like the first 40 had..."

See Reading, Bristol City, Millwall in Lambert's first couple of months. All games where we would have got more with a bit more luck and composure but didn't.

The difference between then and now though is that we will rebuild properly next season and I doubt Cook will loose interest like PL did.

You end up with more of these fine moments to look back on when you're a very brittle side incapable of recovering from set backs, I suppose.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 1591 viewsVic

Looking at Danny Cowley on 16:23 - Apr 22 by hype313

Jimmy F H!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 1583 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:33 - Apr 22 by jayessess

Unfortunately games don't last 40 minutes, mate. Over the 90 minutes we can't have too many complaints, I'd hardly say Pompey were lucky.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 1560 viewsjayessess

Looking at Danny Cowley on 18:51 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Unfortunately games don't last 40 minutes, mate. Over the 90 minutes we can't have too many complaints, I'd hardly say Pompey were lucky.

I'd say if you're 1-0 down, playing badly and doing nothing going forward, it's pretty lucky to score out of nothing from a very low percentage attacking situation.

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 1547 viewsHerbivore

Looking at Danny Cowley on 19:00 - Apr 22 by jayessess

I'd say if you're 1-0 down, playing badly and doing nothing going forward, it's pretty lucky to score out of nothing from a very low percentage attacking situation.

Disagree. It was a good corner and a good header, it didn't fly in off someone's arse. They then went on the be the better side for the rest of the game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024