Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 16:22 - Apr 22 with 2169 viewswkj

Why does this fact seem to be overlooked?

- Lambert had a strong start
- Lambert started to slide
- Town's medical department has long been a laughing stock by all
- A bunch of the players have routinely played better in the past
- We just had a half-season hiatus

Fair enough. the last one applies to all - but the medical and sports science department being a joke has not been a common issue for many clubs as long as it has been for us.

That and apathy from the players... this isn't a problem that Cook or anyone can fix until the summer.

[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 18:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 349 viewsBlueBadger

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:24 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

Not really no.

In fact given the fixture congestion due to C19 he's had less training sessions that one would normally get after taking over.

SB

IT'S 'FEWER' YOU UTTER MONSTER

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 341 viewspointofblue

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:45 - Apr 22 by footers

Oh for sure. It's been going on for years and that was sort of my point, perhaps too briefly explained. Do you remember the quote from one of the fitness bods under MM who said the older pros know their bodies so don't need to be told what to do? That's the level of unprofessionalism we've had about the club for donkey's. That must change.

Who knows, it might even help with our constant injury situation.

I think Sports Science is one thing we really need to get a grip on over the summer. Hurst tried to implement it but made such a mess of things on the pitch it never had time to settle in. Something like this should be consistent at the club, no matter who the manager is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 327 viewschrismakin

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:54 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

I think Sports Science is one thing we really need to get a grip on over the summer. Hurst tried to implement it but made such a mess of things on the pitch it never had time to settle in. Something like this should be consistent at the club, no matter who the manager is.

Even if you take away the injury problem... the fact we are having to make wholesale changes for fitness reasons rather than tactical is a massive problem and something we will need to resolve with urgency

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 300 viewsCuffy81

It's no coincidence we have run out of steam the past two seasons, Cook comes in tries to play a 4231 pressing system and the players can't hack it and aren't fit enough to keep a higher line.

Can't handle one double training session

Luke Chambers our fittest player at 35?

All points to not being fit enough 🤔
👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 268 viewsjayessess

I don't think they're conditioned for the way PC wants to play, but I think it's a stretch to say it's our fitness levels that have made it impossible to beat bottom 6 teams in this division.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 256 viewsBlueBadger

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 18:53 - Apr 22 by jayessess

I don't think they're conditioned for the way PC wants to play, but I think it's a stretch to say it's our fitness levels that have made it impossible to beat bottom 6 teams in this division.

If the evidence of the last two seasons is anything to go by, they weren't in a fit condition to play how Lambert wanted them to play.

Whatever it was he actually wanted them to do.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024