Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 16:22 - Apr 22 with 2176 viewswkj

Why does this fact seem to be overlooked?

- Lambert had a strong start
- Lambert started to slide
- Town's medical department has long been a laughing stock by all
- A bunch of the players have routinely played better in the past
- We just had a half-season hiatus

Fair enough. the last one applies to all - but the medical and sports science department being a joke has not been a common issue for many clubs as long as it has been for us.

That and apathy from the players... this isn't a problem that Cook or anyone can fix until the summer.

[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 18:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 1772 viewsBlueWorldOrder

But hasn't Cook been running them ragged since he arrived?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:24 - Apr 22 with 1781 viewswkj

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:23 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

I am sure he's been conducting training, yes.

Crybaby

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:24 - Apr 22 with 1783 viewsStokieBlue

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:23 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

Not really no.

In fact given the fixture congestion due to C19 he's had less training sessions that one would normally get after taking over.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 with 1776 viewsfooters

What's a manager supposed to do when he rocks up at a club and the players don't even have the minimum requirement of fitness? These are professional athletes FFS and, as you say my old fruit, our standards have been set far too low for many moons.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 with 1751 viewsBlueWorldOrder

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:24 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

Not really no.

In fact given the fixture congestion due to C19 he's had less training sessions that one would normally get after taking over.

SB

So what was the rumour they had to go home they were so unfit then? Made up?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 with 1769 viewsSpruceMoose

Not really no.

SB

Get out of here, you and your sensible takes. Some posters aren't looking for that. They live for the meltdown.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:26 - Apr 22 with 1760 viewsIllinoisblue

Very literally we have a squad not fit to wear the shirt

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:27 - Apr 22 with 1746 viewsfooters

Not really no.

SB

He also stressed how important pre-season is to him. And I think I'm right in saying that this is his first appointment while a season's underway? New territory for him if he's not in the firefighter mould of manager.

Login to get fewer ads

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:27 - Apr 22 with 1746 viewswkj

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

Generally that is what rumours tend to be, made up.

The squad aren't match fit. Watch footage from the first month, then watch the footage from the last month Lambert was in charge. We may have got a few wins at the end but no one can claim they were on the back of a decisive performance.

Crybaby

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:29 - Apr 22 with 1728 viewsStokieBlue

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

That doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.

In fact you've managed to counter your initial post.

SB

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:31 - Apr 22 with 1687 viewsBlueWorldOrder

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:29 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

That doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.

In fact you've managed to counter your initial post.

SB

Counter what?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 1665 viewsStokieBlue

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:31 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

Counter what?

"But hasn't Cook been running them ragged since he arrived?"

The implication is that he's been training them hard so they should be fit.

"So what was the rumour they had to go home they were so unfit then? Made up?"

The implication is that they aren't fit and thus were sent home.

So your second post contradicts your first and if your second post is true then you're agreeing with the opening post.

SB

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:39 - Apr 22 with 1645 viewsfooters

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:37 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

"But hasn't Cook been running them ragged since he arrived?"

The implication is that he's been training them hard so they should be fit.

"So what was the rumour they had to go home they were so unfit then? Made up?"

The implication is that they aren't fit and thus were sent home.

So your second post contradicts your first and if your second post is true then you're agreeing with the opening post.

SB

ITFC obsessive DESTROYED by FACTS and LOGIC.

Watch now.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:41 - Apr 22 with 1632 viewsSpruceMoose

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:39 - Apr 22 by footers

Watch now.

StokieBlue - Flouncers HATE him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:42 - Apr 22 with 1618 viewsBlueWorldOrder

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:39 - Apr 22 by footers

Watch now.

No need to attack me over it. I am autistic and really struggle to articulate myself sometimes. Ipswich Town is my life, you may have a better life than me and more to it but that gives you no right to belittle me because I'm different to you. We should all be able to exist in the same space without being attacked.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:48 - Apr 22 with 1588 viewsHerbivore

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:42 - Apr 22 by BlueWorldOrder

No need to attack me over it. I am autistic and really struggle to articulate myself sometimes. Ipswich Town is my life, you may have a better life than me and more to it but that gives you no right to belittle me because I'm different to you. We should all be able to exist in the same space without being attacked.

Ignore him, mate. He's a right bellend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:49 - Apr 22 with 1583 viewswkj

To be honest you've come on here this afternoon with a bee under your bonnet and gone on a massive scatter shot of vitriol toward a manager who has had no long term interjection on the squad. It's going to rattle a few folks who just want to let the ghosts of the past 13 years be put to rest and the new season to begin.

Be skeptical of Cook, absolutely - but know that a lot of what he's failed at so far would likely have been failed at by any manger we'd have bought in.

Crybaby

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:49 - Apr 22 with 1571 viewsfooters

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:48 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Ignore him, mate. He's a right bellend.

That's true. And I like Morrissey.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:52 - Apr 22 with 1552 viewsfooters

Calm down, dear. If you come on to a football messageboard and post strong opinions about something you're likely to get some strong opinions back. And if you think my little quip was bullying, then I'm afraid to tell you it gets much worse than that.

And fwiw, my life is terrible.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 1509 viewsHerbivore

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:49 - Apr 22 by footers

That's true. And I like Morrissey.

Kicking you out of the lefty bumfest was the best call we ever made. Spruce can finally walk properly again as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:02 - Apr 22 with 1502 viewsSpruceMoose

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:01 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Kicking you out of the lefty bumfest was the best call we ever made. Spruce can finally walk properly again as well.

My mental injuries are now my main problem.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:04 - Apr 22 with 1485 viewsfooters

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:01 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Not forgetting my Noel Edmonds book collection (two). With his advice I don't need you Trotskyite bullies, for I am...

It's the best self-help book out there, especially if you believe in energy orbs and like twin-engine helicopters.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:07 - Apr 22 with 1472 viewsSpruceMoose

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:04 - Apr 22 by footers

Not forgetting my Noel Edmonds book collection (two). With his advice I don't need you Trotskyite bullies, for I am...

It's the best self-help book out there, especially if you believe in energy orbs and like twin-engine helicopters.

I'll stick to my Andy McNabbs thank you.

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 1379 viewspointofblue

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 16:25 - Apr 22 by footers

What's a manager supposed to do when he rocks up at a club and the players don't even have the minimum requirement of fitness? These are professional athletes FFS and, as you say my old fruit, our standards have been set far too low for many moons.

I think it’s a little more complex than that - for the most part I imagine they’re fit. If they went to the gym they could do a reasonable amount of cardio and weight training. What they are not is match fit; in other words the extra pressures a football match exerts on the body - and that is down to Lambert, possibly Jim Henry and the sports science team if we even have one. Match fitness comes from the correct type of training and it’s becoming increasingly obvious that they have lacked this approach for the last two and a half years.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:45 - Apr 22 with 1355 viewsfooters

👏 The 👏 Players 👏 Are 👏 Not 👏 Fit 👏 on 17:40 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

I think it’s a little more complex than that - for the most part I imagine they’re fit. If they went to the gym they could do a reasonable amount of cardio and weight training. What they are not is match fit; in other words the extra pressures a football match exerts on the body - and that is down to Lambert, possibly Jim Henry and the sports science team if we even have one. Match fitness comes from the correct type of training and it’s becoming increasingly obvious that they have lacked this approach for the last two and a half years.

Oh for sure. It's been going on for years and that was sort of my point, perhaps too briefly explained. Do you remember the quote from one of the fitness bods under MM who said the older pros know their bodies so don't need to be told what to do? That's the level of unprofessionalism we've had about the club for donkey's. That must change.

Who knows, it might even help with our constant injury situation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024