Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) 00:55 - Apr 23 with 3553 viewschrismakin

Now, lets be honest they've picked up some quality players for nothing, so all seems good

but apparently, they've offered their players out, including Josip Drmic who has a promotion clause increasing his wages to £50,000 per week. ( Subsequently this wage one appears to be based on prem appearences.. not sure who's right with that one.

Obviously, they'll get some money in for these players...... but what is the market going to be like for them post covid? There's been lots of 'Bantz' on twitter about players of their worth more than our club was bought for.... are they realistic that those sort of figures will still be seen post covid? Im not so sure.... will this superleague business have an immediate change on spending? or do you you think it will be same as usual spend spend spend in the prem to compete

Also, side story, but Krul, had an interview where he spoke about the time Maddison was sold as the club needed money....... never realised they were that tight for funds with their yo-yoing over the past years. That's got to be a mistake hasn't it?

'Source' Pinkun Journo
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 4:09]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Norwich not so clever afterall on 01:05 - Apr 23 with 3505 viewsMach_foreignBlue

They aren't our problem as we are light years behind them. Evans is the reason of the shift power in East Anglia.
Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:31 - Apr 23 with 3388 viewsIllinoisblue

They’ll sell Aarons for 30million, trouser tens of millions in TV money, maybe even stay up... not sure what they’re doing wrong here. They are, for now, in a different universe to us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:46 - Apr 23 with 3374 viewschrismakin

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:31 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

They’ll sell Aarons for 30million, trouser tens of millions in TV money, maybe even stay up... not sure what they’re doing wrong here. They are, for now, in a different universe to us.

Not referring to us in anyway, and yes we are

The point I was making is I've never seen any side get promoted but then offer out their playing squad for transfers, they're taking a risk if they are going on confidence on bringing in good enough replacements, as it's hard enough getting promoted to begin with.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:48 - Apr 23 with 3360 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:46 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

Not referring to us in anyway, and yes we are

The point I was making is I've never seen any side get promoted but then offer out their playing squad for transfers, they're taking a risk if they are going on confidence on bringing in good enough replacements, as it's hard enough getting promoted to begin with.

They’re looking to offload fringe players from what I read. Not their main squad.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:54 - Apr 23 with 3342 viewschrismakin

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:48 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

They’re looking to offload fringe players from what I read. Not their main squad.

They've offered out Aarons and a number of the main squad too.

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 07:42 - Apr 23 with 2899 viewsnoggin

However you try to twist it, they're clearly a very well run club.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 07:49 - Apr 23 with 2861 viewschrismakin

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 07:42 - Apr 23 by noggin

However you try to twist it, they're clearly a very well run club.

No doubt it's worked for them. I was just amazed by the maddison part and seeing them offering out their stars.

Norwich not so clever afterall on 09:07 - Apr 23 with 2597 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich not so clever afterall on 03:54 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

They've offered out Aarons and a number of the main squad too.

The edp basically said there's a gentleman's agreement ith aarons that he can go this summer if the price is right, in return for staying last summer.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:09 - Apr 23 with 2588 viewsArnieM

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 07:49 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

No doubt it's worked for them. I was just amazed by the maddison part and seeing them offering out their stars.

My understanding is that they were clise to administration and so we’re desperate to sell Maddison. So despite the mega £m’s pouring into that Club they were in s financial mess. Not so well run then!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:12 - Apr 23 with 2562 viewsStewart27

They are just incredibly well run.

End of really.
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:12 - Apr 23 with 2561 viewsBlueNomad

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 07:49 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

In the autumn before Maddison's departure the club publicly warned that if they didn't get promotion they would be in serious financial difficulty. His sale has enabled them to do everything since.

I just hope they re-sign Van Wolfswinkel.
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:14 - Apr 23 with 2553 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:09 - Apr 23 by ArnieM

My understanding is that they were clise to administration and so we’re desperate to sell Maddison. So despite the mega £m’s pouring into that Club they were in s financial mess. Not so well run then!

They were in financial trouble, but as you say that sale saved them. They simply don't have super-rich backers behind them, so they have to use the money they bring in. So from sales or Premier League money.

They were in a situation where parachutes were about to dry up I believe, so it was sell or get promotion and 'luckily' for them I think they achieved both that season.

For example, they couldn't bankroll £6m a year like Evans did with us because they don't have it in the ownership.

A combination of financial backing by Evans with their structure would have been wonderful over the last 10 years. Lets hope the Americans take us a step in that direction
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:15]
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:14 - Apr 23 with 2551 viewsgiant_stow

As I remember (could be wrong) the Maddison money filled the gap of the first year without parachute payments. Got lucky there maybe or maybe the big wigs always knew they could cash him in to buy one last year.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:16]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:17 - Apr 23 with 2532 viewschrismakin

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:14 - Apr 23 by giant_stow

As I remember (could be wrong) the Maddison money filled the gap of the first year without parachute payments. Got lucky there maybe or maybe the big wigs always knew they could cash him in to buy one last year.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:16]

So unless delia sells up. They basically need to pray to stay up this time or its groundhog day for them again if back down ( as you'd imagine at that point farke and webber would be gone ( end of contracts)

And this is a genuine discussion not a trying to find a fault thing.. just intrigued to know how long or short term their running is.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:19]

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:21 - Apr 23 with 2503 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:17 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

So unless delia sells up. They basically need to pray to stay up this time or its groundhog day for them again if back down ( as you'd imagine at that point farke and webber would be gone ( end of contracts)

And this is a genuine discussion not a trying to find a fault thing.. just intrigued to know how long or short term their running is.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:19]

Got at least 3 years of relative riches now, but yes farke and webber could be off in a year. I would imagine that whether they do depends on how well we do this coming season.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:28]

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 2483 viewsBlueNomad

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:21 - Apr 23 by giant_stow

Got at least 3 years of relative riches now, but yes farke and webber could be off in a year. I would imagine that whether they do depends on how well we do this coming season.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:28]

I think they have a better chance of staying up next season than they did last but it will still be a real fight.

It does seem like the top 25 clubs are pulling away - it looks like the three clubs relegated last season might well go back up.
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 2459 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:24 - Apr 23 by BlueNomad

I think they have a better chance of staying up next season than they did last but it will still be a real fight.

It does seem like the top 25 clubs are pulling away - it looks like the three clubs relegated last season might well go back up.

Yeah Bournmouth suddenly in form at the right moment. Worrying that both them and Watford have doubled us this year. Hey ho, can't have it all.

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:43 - Apr 23 with 2377 viewsNthQldITFC

It was a real sliding doors moment. According to an extremely reliable sauce of mine, had they needed to pay for silver polish over the years, the Maddison money would not quite have been enough to save them, and they would have slid into an obscurity rivalling even ours. Just goes to prove that failure breeds success.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:52 - Apr 23 with 2334 viewsBrightonBlue

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:43 - Apr 23 by NthQldITFC

It was a real sliding doors moment. According to an extremely reliable sauce of mine, had they needed to pay for silver polish over the years, the Maddison money would not quite have been enough to save them, and they would have slid into an obscurity rivalling even ours. Just goes to prove that failure breeds success.

They are light years ahead at the moment. However, if we finally get our house in order and depending on the outcome of 2021/22, we could both be back in the championship relatively soon.

A lot can change over a couple of seasons. With some momentum, who knows, but i don't see their current set up/incumbents lasting many more seasons. Football is cyclical and i would not be at all surprised if the picture looks different in 5 years or so.

Ultimately, i 'd love the derby to be back in the Prem though.
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 2316 viewscatch74

Think Buendia is key for them. No coincidence their form suffered as did Pukki’s goals when he was out. Arsenal were sniffing around but didn’t do anything, imagine they’ll be keen to keep hold - think he’s their best bit of business.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 10:13 - Apr 23 with 2237 viewsborge

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 09:24 - Apr 23 by BlueNomad

Yes, spot on with your last paragraph. There has been all this hullabaloo about the ESL and how having a closed shop was the end of the world, when in reality that may well have been achieved this season with the Prem - the three that went up are coming down and the three that came down are possibly all going up. If the same happens next season (or at least if the three that come down go straight back up) we may as well all give up and go home....
Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 2165 viewsjayessess

Norwich not so clever afterall (or is it, no idea) on 10:13 - Apr 23 by borge

Yes, spot on with your last paragraph. There has been all this hullabaloo about the ESL and how having a closed shop was the end of the world, when in reality that may well have been achieved this season with the Prem - the three that went up are coming down and the three that came down are possibly all going up. If the same happens next season (or at least if the three that come down go straight back up) we may as well all give up and go home....

Wouldn't say it's that much of a closed shop. The last 4 seasons, plenty of relegated teams failed to yo-yo - Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull (2017), Swansea and Stoke (2018), Cardiff and Huddersfield (2019).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024