Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal 09:23 - Apr 23 with 1244 viewsBluefish

Haven't won a European Trophy?

I distinctly remember Alan Smith scoring the winner

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:25 - Apr 23 with 1115 viewsKieran_Knows

I think a lot of people forget that football did actually exist before 1992.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 1054 views26_Paz

A lot of people probably don’t remember the cup winners cup

The Paz Man

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:34 - Apr 23 with 1062 viewsKropotkin123

Nah, Alan Smith only scored for Leeds and Man It's in Europe. Must be your memory...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:35 - Apr 23 with 1051 viewsbluelagos

And what was the Ipswich connection to their Cup Winners Cup winning side?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:39 - Apr 23 with 1016 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:35 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Lee Dixon once scored a great goal for us.

Was David Linighan's brother involved?
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:40 - Apr 23 with 1013 viewsPJH

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:35 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Looking at the Arsenal squad I can only see David Linighan's brother as having any sort of ITFC connection.
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:41 - Apr 23 with 999 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:40 - Apr 23 by PJH

Looking at the Arsenal squad I can only see David Linighan's brother as having any sort of ITFC connection.

Who were they managed by?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:43 - Apr 23 with 980 viewsWallingford_Boy

MAJOR Euro trohpy.

Cup winners cup doesn't count.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:46 - Apr 23 with 967 viewsTrequartista

They also won the Fairs Cup, which like the UEFA Cup is a legacy competition of the Europa League

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:55 - Apr 23 with 936 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:46 - Apr 23 by Trequartista

They also won the Fairs Cup, which like the UEFA Cup is a legacy competition of the Europa League

Birmingham fans claim their win* was a European trophy. Back when they played it was a cup for cities with fairs - and so only open to larger cities. Additionally, the team represented the City of Birmingham. Hence the trophy doesn't reside in the trophy cabinet of Brum.

In the mid 90s I once sat in the directors box at St Andrews for a game v Coventry (Mate worked for a sponsor of the league cup) and at half time we walked past the trophy cabinet. It actually had 2 trophies in there - a replica of the Auto windscreens glass trophy thing - and an "Atari soccer" trophy.

After trying not to laugh too loudly at the idea of the some of the their youth players winning a trophy for Atari games, it turns out they won some 6-aside tournament.

The match was also noticeable for my upsetting Big Ron with some bantz that he didn't appreciate :-)

Edit:- Seems they didn't even win it ffs. Runners up in 61 and 62.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Cities_Fairs_Cup

So no wonder there was no trophy...
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:00]

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 923 viewsSeablu

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:41 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Who were they managed by?

Bruce Rioch?
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 925 viewsitfcjoe

Some seem to have downgraded the CWC to a similar status to the League Cup which is unfair

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:02 - Apr 23 with 884 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:55 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Birmingham fans claim their win* was a European trophy. Back when they played it was a cup for cities with fairs - and so only open to larger cities. Additionally, the team represented the City of Birmingham. Hence the trophy doesn't reside in the trophy cabinet of Brum.

In the mid 90s I once sat in the directors box at St Andrews for a game v Coventry (Mate worked for a sponsor of the league cup) and at half time we walked past the trophy cabinet. It actually had 2 trophies in there - a replica of the Auto windscreens glass trophy thing - and an "Atari soccer" trophy.

After trying not to laugh too loudly at the idea of the some of the their youth players winning a trophy for Atari games, it turns out they won some 6-aside tournament.

The match was also noticeable for my upsetting Big Ron with some bantz that he didn't appreciate :-)

They beat us in the Atari final, didn't they? 8-4 or something.
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 858 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:58 - Apr 23 by Seablu

Bruce Rioch?

George Graham. And his assistant was Stuart Houston who went on to be assistant manager at Portman Road (Under Burley)

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 852 viewsWeWereZombies

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:55 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

I think my West Brom fanatic mate would be absolutely delighted that you upset Ron Atkinson. He has researched and published a book about 'The Three Degrees' and found 'Big Ron' to be unpleasant.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 848 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:02 - Apr 23 by TrumptonBlue

They beat us in the Atari final, didn't they? 8-4 or something.

Serious?

At the time I had no idea wtf it was :-)

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:12 - Apr 23 with 825 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:07 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

I think my West Brom fanatic mate would be absolutely delighted that you upset Ron Atkinson. He has researched and published a book about 'The Three Degrees' and found 'Big Ron' to be unpleasant.

A few years earlier he was rather rude and poked me in the chest at a service station, driving back to Rome from the 1990 world cup quarter final vs Cameroon in Naples.

He had it coming.

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:13 - Apr 23 with 821 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:07 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Serious?

At the time I had no idea wtf it was :-)

Yes, serious. Turns out the 8-4 was a group game, not the final. But the final was Birmingham v Ipswich, with Birmingham winning on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Town were also runners-up the following year.
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 803 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:13 - Apr 23 by TrumptonBlue

Yes, serious. Turns out the 8-4 was a group game, not the final. But the final was Birmingham v Ipswich, with Birmingham winning on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Town were also runners-up the following year.

Good man!

Who was in goal for us?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:22 - Apr 23 with 772 viewsSeablu

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:16 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Good man!

Who was in goal for us?

Looks like Laurie Sivell.
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 759 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:16 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Good man!

Who was in goal for us?

It's Laurie Sivell at the end - not sure about earlier. The picture quality isn't good, but I can also spot Kevin O'Callaghan and Steve McCall in that clip.

The 1984 squad was Grew, Yallop, Barnes, Butcher, Putney, Zondervan, Brennan, Gates and Sunderland.
Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:30 - Apr 23 with 721 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:22 - Apr 23 by Seablu

Looks like Laurie Sivell.

See page 5&6 below :-)

http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/newsletters/atari_owners_club/owners_clu

Bizarre points system saw us pip Man C for second spot with a worse record.

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:31 - Apr 23 with 714 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 09:25 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

I think a lot of people forget that football did actually exist before 1992.

This would work if that game wasn’t in 1994!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 693 viewsbluelagos

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:25 - Apr 23 by TrumptonBlue

It's Laurie Sivell at the end - not sure about earlier. The picture quality isn't good, but I can also spot Kevin O'Callaghan and Steve McCall in that clip.

The 1984 squad was Grew, Yallop, Barnes, Butcher, Putney, Zondervan, Brennan, Gates and Sunderland.

Squad on the link I posted. Only Sivell listed.

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 11:23 - Apr 23 with 327 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why do people keep saying that Arsenal on 10:30 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

See page 5&6 below :-)

http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/newsletters/atari_owners_club/owners_clu

Bizarre points system saw us pip Man C for second spot with a worse record.

Good find!

"Ian" Gernon. Lolz.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024