Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Jay - Exeter 10:10 - Apr 23 with 923 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Like the look of this guy, would like to see him here.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:14]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:17 - Apr 23 with 861 viewsEireannach_gorm

He's no Jay Tabb

Seriously he seems to be a goal poacher. We need someone who can put the ball in the net by whatever means.
Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 850 viewsStokieBlue

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:17 - Apr 23 by Eireannach_gorm

He's no Jay Tabb

Seriously he seems to be a goal poacher. We need someone who can put the ball in the net by whatever means.

I'm not sure he is though.

He's had a good season this year (17 goals) but all the other seasons he's scored only 4 goals at most.

This is the trouble with YouTube highlights.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 849 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:17 - Apr 23 by Eireannach_gorm

He's no Jay Tabb

I just loved the one where he went over the keeper, and ended up on the deck, so put it in with his head when still on the floor. Get it in the net.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:34 - Apr 23 with 799 viewsBlueBlood90

If we are adopting a new scouting system based on statistics like was mentioned a month or so ago then you'd expect these will be the types that should pop up on our radar. I think there are some hidden gems in our league and the league below. We just have to unearth them first!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Matt Jay - Exeter on 12:56 - Apr 23 with 691 viewsSouperJim

Matt Jay - Exeter on 10:19 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure he is though.

He's had a good season this year (17 goals) but all the other seasons he's scored only 4 goals at most.

This is the trouble with YouTube highlights.

SB

If he had scored 17 goals a season regularly, he wouldn't be at Exeter and poachable by the likes of us.

We're in the business of getting players on their way up, not once they've already made it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Matt Jay - Exeter on 13:37 - Apr 23 with 621 viewsStokieBlue

Matt Jay - Exeter on 12:56 - Apr 23 by SouperJim

If he had scored 17 goals a season regularly, he wouldn't be at Exeter and poachable by the likes of us.

We're in the business of getting players on their way up, not once they've already made it.

Are we in that business?

Doesn't seem like it anymore from the interviews and it's not a way to guarantee a promotion push.

He's 25 and hasn't done anything the previous seasons, we have our own players like that. Perhaps he's really good but then why hasn't someone else "poached" him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matt Jay - Exeter on 13:43 - Apr 23 with 603 viewsSouperJim

Matt Jay - Exeter on 13:37 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

Are we in that business?

Doesn't seem like it anymore from the interviews and it's not a way to guarantee a promotion push.

He's 25 and hasn't done anything the previous seasons, we have our own players like that. Perhaps he's really good but then why hasn't someone else "poached" him.

SB

My expectation is that millions will not be chucked about willy nilly. We'll spend a bit, but not 10s of millions like some seem to expect. I think you might see one or two more speculative signings, along with some more established players who PC knows he can trust to perform.

Anyway I'm not advocating this particular player, just making the point that he is clearly at the point where someone might take a punt on him. Someone hasn't picked him up before as he's not shown the kind of promise he has this season.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024