Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Lambert let go! 00:42 - Apr 24 with 1793 viewskizaitfc

Considering some of the utter tosh he kept, he did let some decent players go (obviously hindsight plays a big part)

Emmanuel, Graham, Harrison, Elder (loan but imagine he would have been interested in coming here), any more.

To be those 4 would have been great assets in this team. A decent RB cover for KVY, an attacking winger in Graham, decent Striker in Harrsison and a LB a mile better than Ward.

I'm not entirely sure all decisions on transfers and recruitment were down to PL but the above does show we did let some decent players go whilst keeping hold of average players on what I assume are on chunky wages.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Players Lambert let go! on 01:49 - Apr 24 with 1710 viewsGarv

That's a stretch in my opinion.

It all comes down to the environment players are working in, and our club doesn't strike me as being a healthy or ambitious environment. We have some half decent individuals already, but none of them flourish in the current set up.

Maybe Emmanuel, considering he'd probably have been cheap to keep. Harrison though, really? He was tosh with us and I haven't seen much from him at Pompey that's suggests much more.

I don't think any of them would have been particularly great assets. Graham maybe the exception.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Players Lambert let go! on 02:00 - Apr 24 with 1707 viewskizaitfc

Players Lambert let go! on 01:49 - Apr 24 by Garv

It all comes down to the environment players are working in, and our club doesn't strike me as being a healthy or ambitious environment. We have some half decent individuals already, but none of them flourish in the current set up.

Maybe Emmanuel, considering he'd probably have been cheap to keep. Harrison though, really? He was tosh with us and I haven't seen much from him at Pompey that's suggests much more.

I don't think any of them would have been particularly great assets. Graham maybe the exception.

You disagree with my point yet suggest "maybe" would have been worth keeping Emmanuel and Graham (2 of the 4 i mentioned) both presumably on lower wages than many we kept.

You seem against Harrison yet are you happy we kept sick note Norwood and the ineffective Jackson and Drinan.

My point isn't necessary the players we let we go were top quality more why have we kept some of the rubbish like Sears and Chambers when we have yet let some potentially good players go.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Players Lambert let go! on 03:11 - Apr 24 with 1669 viewsBlueBadger

Players Lambert let go! on 01:49 - Apr 24 by Garv

Having an incompetent, incoherent ego maniac more interested in her own self-publicity and talking about Dortmund and Celtic than coaching, organising or motivating them for nearly three years didn't help.

It takes a long time to emerge from under the shadow of toxic managers, whatever profession you're in.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 3:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players Lambert let go! on 06:35 - Apr 24 with 1519 viewsKeaneish

Graham? He was terrible.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Players Lambert let go! on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 1196 viewsRadlett_blue

Harrison initially looked promising, but fell into the Hurst cess pit. I think Lambert got rid partly for disciplinary reasons & 9 goals in 53 games for Portsmouth suggests that was a decent decision by Lambert.
Yes, we should have kept Emmanuel, rather than constantly playing Chambers at RB.
Graham seems to be having a good season at Gillingham, but he did little at Town.
Elder was a short term loan whom we probably couldn't have afforded to buy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Players Lambert let go! on 09:52 - Apr 24 with 1178 viewsChurchman

Of this lot I’d have kept Emmanuel. He looked promising a few years back and was good at this level for Rotherham? It’s thin pickings though.
Players Lambert let go! on 10:32 - Apr 24 with 1098 viewspatrickswell

I have to say I’m pleased for Josh Emmanuel that he looks to be on course for a second promotion out of this league in the space of 4 seasons. Clearly had something about him but no-one including McCarthy seemed interested in trying to develop that.
Players Lambert let go! on 10:36 - Apr 24 with 1083 viewsParisBlue

Players Lambert let go! on 10:32 - Apr 24 by patrickswell

I have to say I’m pleased for Josh Emmanuel that he looks to be on course for a second promotion out of this league in the space of 4 seasons. Clearly had something about him but no-one including McCarthy seemed interested in trying to develop that.

Been mainly a sub since Xmas. With Hull back in the Championship I can see him being moved along again.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Players Lambert let go! on 10:42 - Apr 24 with 1062 viewsmonty_radio

Players Lambert let go! on 10:36 - Apr 24 by ParisBlue

Been mainly a sub since Xmas. With Hull back in the Championship I can see him being moved along again.

Yeah - this is TWTD revisionism all round. Great going forward, good stepovers, but the same defensive fragility that caused his departure here. The reverse of Kenlock in a way who gets lost the further upfield he finds himself. These are O.K. players if you want an O.K. L1 side.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Players Lambert let go! on 11:57 - Apr 24 with 954 viewsronnyd

Players Lambert let go! on 02:00 - Apr 24 by kizaitfc

You disagree with my point yet suggest "maybe" would have been worth keeping Emmanuel and Graham (2 of the 4 i mentioned) both presumably on lower wages than many we kept.

You seem against Harrison yet are you happy we kept sick note Norwood and the ineffective Jackson and Drinan.

My point isn't necessary the players we let we go were top quality more why have we kept some of the rubbish like Sears and Chambers when we have yet let some potentially good players go.

Just a thought, if you ask for people,s opinions don't be surprised that they might not agree with yours. Just saying.
Players Lambert let go! on 12:26 - Apr 24 with 872 viewsjayessess

Players Lambert let go! on 06:35 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

Graham? He was terrible.

11 goals and 6 assists this season, more in both columns than anyone at Ipswich Town.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Players Lambert let go! on 12:55 - Apr 24 with 812 viewsPortman_Pie

Funny - people’s opinions..

For me Graham goes down as definite top 3 of the worst players to ever put the shirt on. And that’s both times he was here..
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:02]
Players Lambert let go! on 13:35 - Apr 24 with 719 viewsjayessess

Players Lambert let go! on 12:55 - Apr 24 by Portman_Pie

Funny - people’s opinions..

For me Graham goes down as definite top 3 of the worst players to ever put the shirt on. And that’s both times he was here..
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:02]

Graham being useless for us and one of the best forwards in the division for Gillingham is a problem in itself, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Players Lambert let go! on 13:47 - Apr 24 with 701 viewskizaitfc

Players Lambert let go! on 13:35 - Apr 24 by jayessess

Graham being useless for us and one of the best forwards in the division for Gillingham is a problem in itself, isn't it?

Exactly this, appears many players looked poor in an ipswich shirt but decent once they move on.

Strengthens the view there is just something wrong to the core of this squad and the sooner Cook finds those roots and pulls them out the better

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024