Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? 01:20 - Apr 24 with 1541 viewspointofblue

I think mine will get a few down arrows!

Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Kenlock
Skuse - Downes
Dobra - Bishop (Dozzell if not fit) - Edwards
Hawkins

Substitutes: Cornell, Ward, Nsiala (McGuinness if not fit), Nydam, Dozzell (Bennetts if Bishop unfit), Jackson, Drinan

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 01:32 - Apr 24 with 1517 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy

Kenlock (Nydam?)
Woolf
Chambers
Nsiala
KVY

Bishop
Downes
Dozzell

Norwood/Jackson or if either unavailable Hawkins/Sears

Two points. Why the hell not, the season is 99% likely to be dead anyway? It's Wimbledon. That midfield and LB will do. It doesn't matter anyway. We haven't scored for about 12 years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 02:01 - Apr 24 with 1502 viewskizaitfc

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 01:32 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Holy

Kenlock (Nydam?)
Woolf
Chambers
Nsiala
KVY

Bishop
Downes
Dozzell

Norwood/Jackson or if either unavailable Hawkins/Sears

Two points. Why the hell not, the season is 99% likely to be dead anyway? It's Wimbledon. That midfield and LB will do. It doesn't matter anyway. We haven't scored for about 12 years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Holy dropped, Cornell may be viewed as more dependable and consistent.

With a view to finding a no.1 in the summer

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 02:54 - Apr 24 with 1479 viewsIllinoisblue

Past caring at this point. Season needs to be done

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 06:53 - Apr 24 with 1360 viewsBlueBadger

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 02:01 - Apr 24 by kizaitfc

Wouldn't be surprised to see Holy dropped, Cornell may be viewed as more dependable and consistent.

With a view to finding a no.1 in the summer

Nah. Cornell is rubbish as well, just different rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 07:20 - Apr 24 with 1312 viewshoppy

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 06:53 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

But he hasn’t had an opportunity to be rubbish for Cook yet!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 08:55 - Apr 24 with 1164 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 02:54 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

Past caring at this point. Season needs to be done

Exactly. Anybody (other than those who have to report on it) bothering to watch today needs to question their sanity.
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:04 - Apr 24 with 1131 viewsParky

Cornell

KVY
Woolf
Chambers
Kenlock

Downes
Nydam

Dobra
Dozzell
Edwards

Hawkins

I’d like to see Dozzell a little higher up the pitch.
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:08 - Apr 24 with 1107 viewsurbanblue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 07:20 - Apr 24 by hoppy

But he hasn’t had an opportunity to be rubbish for Cook yet!

Maybe he has ... on the training ground. But then again as the players seem incapable of taking a decent shot maybe Cook just doesn't know.
Login to get fewer ads

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:41 - Apr 24 with 1046 viewsRadlett_blue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:04 - Apr 24 by Parky

Cornell

KVY
Woolf
Chambers
Kenlock

Downes
Nydam

Dobra
Dozzell
Edwards

Hawkins

I’d like to see Dozzell a little higher up the pitch.

Dozzell is a very good passer of the ball, but I'm not sure he's a no.10. He doesn't ever seem to get in the box or shoot at goal. Yes, that may be partly a function of where he's been playing, but 2 goals in 77 Town games is a Skuse-like record. Bishop should be in that role as he does like to run at players & he needs to do it in more dangerous areas.
I'd rather not play Edwards as I'm assuming he won't be at the club next season, but it's hard to find an attacking wide player who will!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:45 - Apr 24 with 1039 viewswkj

Put all of the strikers on that we have and tell them the ones that score by the end get to live.

Oh wait, that kind of thing went out with the Romans.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:45 - Apr 24 with 1039 viewsketton_itfc

Holy
KVY Woolf Chambo Kenlock
Edwards Skuse Downes Bennetts
Hawkins Jackson
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:01 - Apr 24 with 1020 viewsPhilTWTD

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 08:55 - Apr 24 by PrideOfTheEast

Exactly. Anybody (other than those who have to report on it) bothering to watch today needs to question their sanity.

And even some of those!
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:04 - Apr 24 with 1005 viewsBarneycurley

Is skuse fit?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:12 - Apr 24 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd like for us to be Hull for today's match - it'd give us a chance of winning.

I can't see a solution for the front players. Hawkins is probably a decent option for playing off, but there's nobody that can play off him and represent a goal threat. Desperate pickings.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 973 viewsParky

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 09:41 - Apr 24 by Radlett_blue

Dozzell is a very good passer of the ball, but I'm not sure he's a no.10. He doesn't ever seem to get in the box or shoot at goal. Yes, that may be partly a function of where he's been playing, but 2 goals in 77 Town games is a Skuse-like record. Bishop should be in that role as he does like to run at players & he needs to do it in more dangerous areas.
I'd rather not play Edwards as I'm assuming he won't be at the club next season, but it's hard to find an attacking wide player who will!

I personally don’t think Downes and Dozzell work together as a holding pair. Dozzell does have that eye for an intricate pass and I don’t think we’ve seen it anywhere near enough, playing behind the striker might allow it to happen more.

I agree in regards to Edwards, but as you say, we don’t really have anybody else. It’s a low bar, but I do think Edwards looks a lot better on the left. I’d definitely like to give Hawkins a start in these final games and get plenty of crosses in the box for him to get his head on. He came close late-on throughout the week IIRC.
Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:18 - Apr 24 with 962 viewsRadlett_blue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:14 - Apr 24 by Parky

I personally don’t think Downes and Dozzell work together as a holding pair. Dozzell does have that eye for an intricate pass and I don’t think we’ve seen it anywhere near enough, playing behind the striker might allow it to happen more.

I agree in regards to Edwards, but as you say, we don’t really have anybody else. It’s a low bar, but I do think Edwards looks a lot better on the left. I’d definitely like to give Hawkins a start in these final games and get plenty of crosses in the box for him to get his head on. He came close late-on throughout the week IIRC.

I don't think Hawkins is a great player, but he works hard & is a more effective target man than Jackson. If Cook wants Town to get the ball forward more quickly & get crosses into the box, he could be effective & I see him as a potentially useful back-up striker next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 951 viewspointofblue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:18 - Apr 24 by Radlett_blue

I don't think Hawkins is a great player, but he works hard & is a more effective target man than Jackson. If Cook wants Town to get the ball forward more quickly & get crosses into the box, he could be effective & I see him as a potentially useful back-up striker next season.

That’s why I picked Hawkins in the OP - Cook likes getting crosses into the box and he’s the best player to take advantage out of our strikers.

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 949 viewschrismakin

Cornell
KVY wolfenden ward kenlock
Downes Dozzell

Bennetts Bishop Edwards
Jackson

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:27 - Apr 24 with 944 viewspointofblue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:24 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Cornell
KVY wolfenden ward kenlock
Downes Dozzell

Bennetts Bishop Edwards
Jackson

Woolfenden’s centre back partnerships this season:
- a 19 year old with no previous league experience
- a 21 year old with no(?) previous league experience
- three games with a decent, experienced but accident prone partner
- ... an ageing left back?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:33 - Apr 24 with 934 viewschrismakin

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:27 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

Woolfenden’s centre back partnerships this season:
- a 19 year old with no previous league experience
- a 21 year old with no(?) previous league experience
- three games with a decent, experienced but accident prone partner
- ... an ageing left back?

Sorry I went with who I thought cook would select.

Mine

Cornell
Kvy chambers wolfy kenlock

Downes Dozzell

Bennetts Dobra Edwards
Sears ( I've 0 confidence in any striker option)

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:33 - Apr 24 with 933 viewspointofblue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:33 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Sorry I went with who I thought cook would select.

Mine

Cornell
Kvy chambers wolfy kenlock

Downes Dozzell

Bennetts Dobra Edwards
Sears ( I've 0 confidence in any striker option)

You think Cook is going to put Ward at centre back? Interesting choice if so!

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:35 - Apr 24 with 927 viewschrismakin

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:33 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

You think Cook is going to put Ward at centre back? Interesting choice if so!

I'm unsure. He rates ward. Hes gone off chambers. Mcguiness has really struggled. And toto and wilson both out.

Could see it and it wouldnt surprise me.

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:39 - Apr 24 with 918 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:24 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

That’s why I picked Hawkins in the OP - Cook likes getting crosses into the box and he’s the best player to take advantage out of our strikers.

Ah, that was going so well until the getting crosses into the box part

Trying to pick a front line out of these players is like trying to chose your favorite trip to the dentist. As soon as you start thinking about it, you remember how painful they can be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:42 - Apr 24 with 911 viewspointofblue

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 10:39 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, that was going so well until the getting crosses into the box part

Trying to pick a front line out of these players is like trying to chose your favorite trip to the dentist. As soon as you start thinking about it, you remember how painful they can be.

I said Cook likes getting crosses into the box, not that we’re capable of doing it. Might as well give them some kind of target, though, and his height will be useful at corners.

chrismakin - can see your thinking; not sure why he has gone off Chambers and it’ll be confusing to see a full back there over an experienced centre back.

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 13:45 - Apr 24 with 785 viewskizaitfc

Right... what would your team be for Wimbledon? on 06:53 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

Oh I agree completely but I think Cook may view him as slightly less error prone and more reliable as a back up keeper to a new no. 1 for next season

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024