Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Nolan 09:01 - Apr 24 with 1280 viewsurbanblue

I haven't been around that much the last week... Just dipping in and out. I see there has been a bit of discussion on who we should keep but no one has mentioned Jon Nolan either way.

So what do we think? I personally reckon he could thrive in a Paul Cook team. With the right players around him I think we could see him at his best especially at this level. Cook has said that Nolan is a player he was looking forward to working with so I suspect he'll stay.

Thoughts?
Jon Nolan on 09:09 - Apr 24 with 1233 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Been mentioned a few times.

PC has said in the past that he rates him. I think he'll keep him around.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jon Nolan on 09:14 - Apr 24 with 1200 viewsurbanblue

Jon Nolan on 09:09 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Aah, must have missed it. I know Nolan divides opinion but generally I rate him even though he's been erratic with his perfomances.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 9:21]
Jon Nolan on 09:17 - Apr 24 with 1173 viewsChurchman

Out for me. He isn’t the worst but his one really good season was for Shrewsbury 3 years ago. 60 appearances in 3 seasons, 13 in this one tells me he’s injury prone. For that alone, I’d let him go.
Jon Nolan on 09:21 - Apr 24 with 1149 viewsBeckets

Jon Nolan on 09:09 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

He’s also in contract for another year. I suspect Cook will give him every chance to prove his fitness and form pre season unless an offer comes in for him in the meantime.
Jon Nolan on 11:13 - Apr 24 with 951 viewsChurchman

Jon Nolan on 09:21 - Apr 24 by Beckets

He’s also in contract for another year. I suspect Cook will give him every chance to prove his fitness and form pre season unless an offer comes in for him in the meantime.

I thought he was signed on a three year contract with an option on a fourth? Oh well, he’s got something about him, if he can stay fit, but it’s a big if. I really doubt anyone will come in for him, given the salary he’s likely to be on here. Who knows. It maybe that in a better set up that he returns to being something like the player he was at Shrewsbury. If he does that he will be useful.
Jon Nolan on 13:38 - Apr 24 with 725 viewsjayessess

Makes Bishop and Dozzell and look like N'golo Kante defensively, so it's a no from me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024