Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Co-Owner... 09:32 - Apr 24 with 1676 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's interesting that the "3 Lions" keep being referred to as co owners.

It's a strange tag for people with a 1.5% share holding each. Technically correct I guess.

Having said that, I like what I've heard from them so far.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Co-Owner... on 09:38 - Apr 24 with 1439 viewsPinewoodblue

Especially when you consider Marcus still owns as much as they do.

Fans still, through ITFC PLC , own an eighth of the club but that will no doubt reduce over time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Co-Owner... on 09:47 - Apr 24 with 1382 viewstrncbluearmy

Yeah it's a completely wrong and misleading description, there are plenty of fans with similar amounts of shares and me still holds 5%.
But as he is not a director has no input in the running of the club, thank god.

ITFC have gone back to a similar setup like the good of days,we have a chairmen and board who are all shareholders,they run the club.
The difference now is we have a pension fund owning the majority of remaining shares instead of the fans.
Co-Owner... on 09:50 - Apr 24 with 1363 viewsPinewoodblue

Co-Owner... on 09:47 - Apr 24 by trncbluearmy

Yeah it's a completely wrong and misleading description, there are plenty of fans with similar amounts of shares and me still holds 5%.

ITFC have gone back to a similar setup like the good of days,we have a chairmen and board who are all shareholders,they run the club.
The difference now is we have a pension fund owning the majority of remaining shares instead of the fans.

Not really, they will take more out than they put in in finance terms. For all we know they gifted themselves the 5%.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Co-Owner... on 09:51 - Apr 24 with 1364 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, I asked the other day, but no-one answered - who are the other people in ORG? Given they own most of the club it would be nice to know who they are! Whilst Brett Johnson and Berke Bakay seem decent, enthusiastic chaps, the reality is they don't actually own that much of the club.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Co-Owner... on 09:53 - Apr 24 with 1354 viewstrncbluearmy

Co-Owner... on 09:50 - Apr 24 by Pinewoodblue

Not really, they will take more out than they put in in finance terms. For all we know they gifted themselves the 5%.

Sorry do not understand the point you are trying to make
Co-Owner... on 09:53 - Apr 24 with 1363 viewsPhilTWTD

It is how the club are describing them. I take the point re the five per cent but obviously they are on the board and there is obviously a relationship with the pension fund who own 90 per cent.

However, the day to day running will be done by Mark Ashton working to Mike O'Leary, so it's not that they'll be the ones directly running the club.
Co-Owner... on 09:55 - Apr 24 with 1344 viewsPhilTWTD

Co-Owner... on 09:51 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, I asked the other day, but no-one answered - who are the other people in ORG? Given they own most of the club it would be nice to know who they are! Whilst Brett Johnson and Berke Bakay seem decent, enthusiastic chaps, the reality is they don't actually own that much of the club.

ORG are the managers of the investment for Arizona PSPRS Trust, who are ultimately the owners of 90 per cent of the club.
Co-Owner... on 10:01 - Apr 24 with 1305 viewsWacko

It's all about Ordinary voting shares. ORG own 9 and Three Lions own 3 so it seems like they actually have more influence than just 5%

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Co-Owner... on 10:02 - Apr 24 with 1293 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Co-Owner... on 09:55 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

ORG are the managers of the investment for Arizona PSPRS Trust, who are ultimately the owners of 90 per cent of the club.

Yes I know, but who are the actual people in ORG? How much of ORG do they own (and thus the club)? And is the boss of ORG the ultimate boss of ITFC?

It's all a bit shady isn't it, given how much of us they own?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Co-Owner... on 10:05 - Apr 24 with 1272 viewstrncbluearmy

Co-Owner... on 09:53 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

It is how the club are describing them. I take the point re the five per cent but obviously they are on the board and there is obviously a relationship with the pension fund who own 90 per cent.

However, the day to day running will be done by Mark Ashton working to Mike O'Leary, so it's not that they'll be the ones directly running the club.

Anyone who has a single share is a co owner,really think club need to rethink how this is presented there's nothing wrong with it just a little misleading, unintentionally.

No one ever described Sheepy and the rest of the board then as co owners.
The responsibility lies with the chairmen and board to run the club I dare say Ashton will also be a shareholder.
Co-Owner... on 10:06 - Apr 24 with 1268 viewsGuthrum

Co-Owner... on 10:01 - Apr 24 by Wacko

It's all about Ordinary voting shares. ORG own 9 and Three Lions own 3 so it seems like they actually have more influence than just 5%

That's the thing. Not all shares have equal weight, especially in terms of decisionmaking (or, indeed, of taking money back out again).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Co-Owner... on 10:06 - Apr 24 with 1277 viewsJ2BLUE

Posts like this do my head in. I know it's correct they own 5% between them but as Phil says they are on the board. They are enthusiastic and engaging with the fanbase. They are passionate and interested. They are everything we wanted when Evans was still in power.

Just enjoy it. The level of interest they are showing clearly shows they are quite excited about this project.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Co-Owner... on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 1266 viewsPhilTWTD

Co-Owner... on 10:02 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes I know, but who are the actual people in ORG? How much of ORG do they own (and thus the club)? And is the boss of ORG the ultimate boss of ITFC?

Arizona PSPRS Trust is more the owner looking at it that way. Not sure it's shady, it's an investment, they've got other people running it for them, ORG, the Three Lions, Mike O'Leary and Mark Ashton through Gamechanger. I can't say I'm an expert but I assume pension funds for publicly run bodies have to be reasonably transparent in the way they're run.

https://www.psprs.com
Co-Owner... on 10:08 - Apr 24 with 1237 viewsSwansea_Blue

They've the driving force that made it happen aren't they. They've brokered with the pension fund, handled dealings with Marcus, etc. OK, they only have 5% between them, but it's the most important holding.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Co-Owner... on 10:10 - Apr 24 with 1217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Co-Owner... on 10:06 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Posts like this do my head in. I know it's correct they own 5% between them but as Phil says they are on the board. They are enthusiastic and engaging with the fanbase. They are passionate and interested. They are everything we wanted when Evans was still in power.

Just enjoy it. The level of interest they are showing clearly shows they are quite excited about this project.

Chill out bro.

Just an observation.

Thanks for agreeing with me

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Co-Owner... on 10:12 - Apr 24 with 1194 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Co-Owner... on 10:08 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

They've the driving force that made it happen aren't they. They've brokered with the pension fund, handled dealings with Marcus, etc. OK, they only have 5% between them, but it's the most important holding.

Agree they are the driving force, although ORG is pretty important.

Co-Owner... on 10:12 - Apr 24 with 1194 viewsJ2BLUE

Co-Owner... on 10:10 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

Just an observation.

Thanks for agreeing with me

I'm perfectly chilled out. We've gone from zero engagement to suddenly having incredible access to those at the top. Exciting times.

Truly impaired.

Co-Owner... on 10:13 - Apr 24 with 1185 viewstrncbluearmy

Co-Owner... on 10:02 - Apr 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

The new ultimate beneficial owner of the Club is a US investment fund called ORG, which manage funds on behalf of a large US pension fund and will own 90% of Gamechanger 20 Ltd. The ORG representative is Ed Schwartz.

Suppose you could argue the true owners are all the members of the pension fund if it's a mutual fund.

Because of our ultimate owner ITFC will be strictly regulated.
Co-Owner... on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 1156 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Co-Owner... on 10:12 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

I'm perfectly chilled out. We've gone from zero engagement to suddenly having incredible access to those at the top. Exciting times.

As I said in my OP... I like what I've heard so far.

Co-Owner... on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 1147 viewsJ2BLUE

Co-Owner... on 10:07 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

Arizona PSPRS Trust is more the owner looking at it that way. Not sure it's shady, it's an investment, they've got other people running it for them, ORG, the Three Lions, Mike O'Leary and Mark Ashton through Gamechanger. I can't say I'm an expert but I assume pension funds for publicly run bodies have to be reasonably transparent in the way they're run.

https://www.psprs.com

So why won't you tell Gav what you've invested his in?

Truly impaired.

Co-Owner... on 10:15 - Apr 24 with 1145 viewsSwansea_Blue

Co-Owner... on 10:12 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree they are the driving force, although ORG is pretty important.

Yeah, doesn't happen without either does it. It's going to be an interesting next 12 months to see if they can start to deliver on the hype.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Co-Owner... on 10:16 - Apr 24 with 1118 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Co-Owner... on 10:15 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, doesn't happen without either does it. It's going to be an interesting next 12 months to see if they can start to deliver on the hype.

Yep. All about the execution of the plan.

I remember when Mike Ashley was 'one of the fan's on a matchday.

I do think these guys have the right attitude though.

Co-Owner... on 10:17 - Apr 24 with 1118 viewsGuthrum

ITFC is owned by Gamechanger 20 Ltd. Three of the five Directors of that company are Johnson, Detmer and Bakay, collectively the "Three Lions". The other two being Schwartz (from ORG) and O'Leary. Thus they have three-fifths control of the organisation which owns the club.

In business, "ownership" is ascribed to those who have the largest controlling interest, not necessarily the largest financial input. Otherwise banks and investment lenders would "own" virtually everything. Football is unusual in that the "owner" is often also the largest investor*.

* Or companies they control. ITFC's biggest financial investor was formerly a subsidiary of the Marcus Evans Group, not the man himself.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Co-Owner... on 10:44 - Apr 24 with 1039 viewsFreddies_Ears

Co-Owner... on 09:47 - Apr 24 by trncbluearmy

As things stand, there are very few individuals with 1% or more of ITFC. The Three Lions, ME plus just 2 or 3 PLC shareholders.

The top 20 PLC shareholders own well over 50% of the PLC, but that's still only around 7% of ITFC (and it will shrink in future).

A 1% stake in ITFC (now) would have cost around £200k in the 2003 share issue...
Co-Owner... on 11:04 - Apr 24 with 969 viewsFixed_It

Co-Owner... on 10:05 - Apr 24 by trncbluearmy

Anyone who has a single share is a co owner,really think club need to rethink how this is presented there's nothing wrong with it just a little misleading, unintentionally.

No one ever described Sheepy and the rest of the board then as co owners.
The responsibility lies with the chairmen and board to run the club I dare say Ashton will also be a shareholder.

I have shares. I do not consider myself to be a co-owner, but am quite happy for these guys to be labelled as such.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024