Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Johnson 09:55 - Apr 24 with 1118 viewsgazzer1999

Not sure if posted before:
Brett Johnson on 10:05 - Apr 24 with 1070 viewsSwansea_Blue

"One of the most iconic clubs in English football".

"One of the most historic stadiums in England".

They say nicest things. Can we just be awarded points for all the blowing smoke up our butts?

PS. Great interview. Hard not to get excited with the talk of reconnecting with the fans and the town.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 10:07]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brett Johnson on 10:06 - Apr 24 with 1058 viewsgazzer1999

Brett Johnson on 10:05 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

They say nicest things. Can we just be awarded points for all the blowing smoke up our butts?

PS. Great interview. Hard not to get excited with the talk of reconnecting with the fans and the town.

Nice to get some positivity.
Brett Johnson on 10:17 - Apr 24 with 1043 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brett Johnson on 10:06 - Apr 24 by gazzer1999

Nice to get some positivity.

Absolutely. I might ignore the last 4 games and just watch the American interviews instead. They make me a lot happier!

Brett Johnson on 10:27 - Apr 24 with 1031 viewsGuthrum

Brett Johnson on 10:05 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

I think this is all deliberate, one of the things our new owners will be trying to leverage to generate revenue. If they can start selling merchandise in all parts of the world, that will bring in important funds, all helping to balance the books, fill war-chests and maybe give a return on their investments.

Heck, if we can become profitable, how valuable could that be as a base for climbing the divisions?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brett Johnson on 10:33 - Apr 24 with 1006 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brett Johnson on 10:27 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

I think this is all deliberate, one of the things our new owners will be trying to leverage to generate revenue. If they can start selling merchandise in all parts of the world, that will bring in important funds, all helping to balance the books, fill war-chests and maybe give a return on their investments.

Heck, if we can become profitable, how valuable could that be as a base for climbing the divisions?

I'm sure it is. They've got a franchise to build afterall haven't they. There's a lot of talk about expanding the brand.

I do like his ethos around the culture side of things. He's absolutely spot on that money isn't the sole answer to anything; you need the right culture and to attract talent and get them to buy into what you're trying to achieve. Also the recognition that you need those people running the club day to day who are 100% present and live, breath and sweat the club 24/7. It's a really welcome change.

I'm not sure about the idea of having Didier Drogba come on for the last 15 minutes of games though! Let's try and find the next up and coming Drogba instead.

Brett Johnson on 10:47 - Apr 24 with 983 viewsSWGF

Deliberate, not just from fans' perspective, but to attract sponsors who'd potentially not heard of, or know of, our heritage and might want to come along for the ride.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 10:52]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Brett Johnson on 11:00 - Apr 24 with 943 viewsLord_Lucan

Did you actually just say "Heck"?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brett Johnson on 11:12 - Apr 24 with 900 views66notout

Iconic franchise? Pass the bucket...
Login to get fewer ads

Brett Johnson on 12:23 - Apr 24 with 807 viewsGuthrum

Brett Johnson on 11:00 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

Did you actually just say "Heck"?

Yes. Probably picked up from my parents' generation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brett Johnson on 12:24 - Apr 24 with 802 viewsBluearmy71

How nice was it to hear that the owners actually pay for their tickets as it's their belief they should do so and then to donate those blocks of tickets for fans!

@TheNewOwners Please make sure that your donated tickets go to those that truly deserve it!! :)
Brett Johnson on 12:24 - Apr 24 with 802 viewsKropotkin123

You should try checking out this website -

Co-Owner Vows to Have Town Badge Tattoo If Blues Reach Premier League 24th Apr 2021 09:27
New Town co-owner Brett Johnson has vowed to have a tattoo of the Blues badge if and when the club make their return to the Premier League. 25

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Brett Johnson on 13:10 - Apr 24 with 710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brett Johnson on 12:24 - Apr 24 by Kropotkin123

You should try checking out this website -

Co-Owner Vows to Have Town Badge Tattoo If Blues Reach Premier League 24th Apr 2021 09:27
New Town co-owner Brett Johnson has vowed to have a tattoo of the Blues badge if and when the club make their return to the Premier League. 25

Not seen that site before. Looks a bit dodgy if you ask me; there must be a catch to those free Audis.

Brett Johnson on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 680 viewsDyland

Brett Johnson on 11:12 - Apr 24 by 66notout

Iconic franchise? Pass the bucket...

Aye, that's a bit whatever isn't it.

But this is where football is.

I'm still finding it hard to be cynical about the new ownership. I mean sure, it is just a business concern. But what club isn't? Chelsea maybe. That's about it?

What I love is the owners' positivity and enthusiasm. I've done the rounds in the American corporate world and it's par for the course. Eventually it may wear off, or it may simply not work. Can they overcome the Curse!

For the moment it gives me some much needed optimism though. And regardless of Cook and the players. And that's something :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024