Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook uncertainty 15:36 - Apr 24 with 4559 viewscooper442

Paul cooks reckons as the players are not sure if they will have a new contract it is effecting their performances, surely they should be playing out of their skins to try to gain a new one .
Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 3653 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:47 - Apr 24 with 3601 viewsNeedhamChris

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:44 - Apr 24 by BryanPlug

Apparently it's none of his fault at all

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:49 - Apr 24 with 3566 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:47 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Apparently it's none of his fault at all

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:50 - Apr 24 with 3557 viewsgtsb1966

They have chucked the towel in since the takeover because they know the new owners are winners and will rip this club apart to get success. They know they have underperformed for months and months so a few games at the end of the season was never going to get them a new contract. Just hang in there until the end of the season. Viva la revolution.
Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:57 - Apr 24 with 3481 viewsNeedhamChris

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:49 - Apr 24 by BryanPlug

Man management is a key part of his job. He's failing miserably at it and you're giving him a free pass.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:02 - Apr 24 with 3434 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:57 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Man management is a key part of his job. He's failing miserably at it and you're giving him a free pass.

I agree many fans are treating cook as he is some kind of messiah. As you say his man management is appalling. If you haven't got anything good then just say nothing.
Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:04 - Apr 24 with 3421 viewsESSEX75

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:02 - Apr 24 by rgp1

I agree many fans are treating cook as he is some kind of messiah. As you say his man management is appalling. If you haven't got anything good then just say nothing.

We got rid of probably the best man manager in football
Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:12 - Apr 24 with 3361 viewsWakh

No. The majority of the players know they are not being kept on. They are not fit enough to do what PC wants them to do and the time isn't there to work on it. To risk injury with a more intensive training routine is a concept that will not be bought into at this stage of the season. These guys need contracts not injuries.

The bulk of the man management is managing them respectfully off the pitch. You will only get - as clearly can be seen, 50% out of them. Self-preservation has trumped pride.

The European experiennce and the diversity of the players coming in will see a total transformation.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 16:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 3331 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:50 - Apr 24 by gtsb1966

They have chucked the towel in since the takeover because they know the new owners are winners and will rip this club apart to get success. They know they have underperformed for months and months so a few games at the end of the season was never going to get them a new contract. Just hang in there until the end of the season. Viva la revolution.

Pure guesswork would be a generous assessment of this
Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:23 - Apr 24 with 3299 viewsgtsb1966

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:16 - Apr 24 by reusersfreekicks

Pure guesswork would be a generous assessment of this

They ain't good enough then. The last two years have proven that.
Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:48 - Apr 24 with 3225 viewsThai_Blue

Practice what you preach 😜
Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:55 - Apr 24 with 3119 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:04 - Apr 24 by ESSEX75

I thought you were referring to Lambert for a moment!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 3014 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:12 - Apr 24 by Wakh

No. The majority of the players know they are not being kept on. They are not fit enough to do what PC wants them to do and the time isn't there to work on it. To risk injury with a more intensive training routine is a concept that will not be bought into at this stage of the season. These guys need contracts not injuries.

The bulk of the man management is managing them respectfully off the pitch. You will only get - as clearly can be seen, 50% out of them. Self-preservation has trumped pride.

The European experiennce and the diversity of the players coming in will see a total transformation.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 16:15]

Yes but the way they are playing or rather not playing, they’ll be lucky to get a contract anywhere.
You’d think they’d be busting a gut to get a contract somewhere next season.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 2990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spot on. Screams of players who cannot handle pressure. Not wanted here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:07 - Apr 24 with 2959 viewsVic

Not sure I saw evidence of poor man management today. The team has settled down, though obviously still tinkering to try to get a tune of of this lot. It’s not really his fault we haven’t got a decent forward. I liked the way he changed th8ngs around to try to eak out a goal.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:09 - Apr 24 with 2935 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:07 - Apr 24 by Vic

Not sure I saw evidence of poor man management today. The team has settled down, though obviously still tinkering to try to get a tune of of this lot. It’s not really his fault we haven’t got a decent forward. I liked the way he changed th8ngs around to try to eak out a goal.

First half was awful; like they were clueless in terms of shape and play without any confidence whatsoever. To be fair, we bounced back in the second half to a degree which is a positive of sorts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:15 - Apr 24 with 2865 viewsVic

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:09 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

First half was awful; like they were clueless in terms of shape and play without any confidence whatsoever. To be fair, we bounced back in the second half to a degree which is a positive of sorts.

Low ability plus low confidence = low performance.

Cook changed things at half time and things got better. Small steps. Those players whobar3 here next season will be those who buy into Cooks tactics and philosophy and will be the stronger for this experience.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:19 - Apr 24 with 2824 viewsbilllm

Paul Cook uncertainty on 16:55 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

I thought you were referring to Lambert for a moment!

I think you will find he's talking about paul hurst,
Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:21 - Apr 24 with 2802 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook uncertainty on 15:50 - Apr 24 by gtsb1966

You are wrong. They’ve underperformed for years. Zero standards, no demand for results, rock up, fill your wallet and hide amongst dozens of other professionals. You don’t even have to worry about being fit at Ipswich, the quarter pounder with cheese and large fries club. Any aggro, it’s the managers fault. Sorted!

Agreed, from top to bottom, viva la Revolution!
Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:40 - Apr 24 with 2675 viewsKeaneish

No-ones treating Cook as a Messiah. I think those with sensible opinions and balanced reasoning understand the dire mess he's inherited. As for his mana management, i think its great. He's hanging them out in the open to see who has the desire to want to play for this club. How can that be deemed a negative as you've positioned it to be?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:47 - Apr 24 with 2621 viewsChurchman

What, Hurst? Or did you mean George Burley?
Paul Cook uncertainty on 18:05 - Apr 24 with 2499 viewsgazzer1999

And still we were cr*p and boring.
Paul Cook uncertainty on 19:19 - Apr 24 with 2325 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:40 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

No-ones treating Cook as a Messiah. I think those with sensible opinions and balanced reasoning understand the dire mess he's inherited. As for his mana management, i think its great. He's hanging them out in the open to see who has the desire to want to play for this club. How can that be deemed a negative as you've positioned it to be?

It's not a negative. Personally and some agree I think it is throughly unprofessional to air the dirty linen in public. That's a BALANCED view in my opinion.
Paul Cook uncertainty on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 2294 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook uncertainty on 17:09 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

so you agree he showed great man management at HT to get a much better 2nd half performance from the side then? or does that not help with the PC out agenda

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook uncertainty on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 2196 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook uncertainty on 19:22 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

so you agree he showed great man management at HT to get a much better 2nd half performance from the side then? or does that not help with the PC out agenda

You do realise if youre going to praise his man management for a better 20 minute spell in the second half of one match youd have to equally criticise his management for the absolute dross served up in the prior 12 3/4 games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024