Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk 17:28 - Apr 24 with 3924 viewsthebooks

He left school at 15, y’know.
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:30 - Apr 24 with 3886 viewstownblue

He kind of has a point though. When you compare this team to when we were last successful, it's like men vs boys.
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:34 - Apr 24 with 3819 viewseddiespearitt03

Is it stating the obvious again ?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 1:52]
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:37 - Apr 24 with 3739 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...he left school at school leaving age then.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:37 - Apr 24 with 3740 viewsKeno

and lets face it we haven't had a better left back or captain since

He may not be the most eloquent man on the planet but the current squad (and some of the fans) could learn a lot from listening to him

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:44 - Apr 24 with 3644 viewsthebooks

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:37 - Apr 24 by Keno

and lets face it we haven't had a better left back or captain since

He may not be the most eloquent man on the planet but the current squad (and some of the fans) could learn a lot from listening to him

I really like him! Just annoyed me a bit with all that, because it’s a cliché — obviously some teams produce good young players and I don’t think that’s our problem.
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:51 - Apr 24 with 3520 viewsjaykay

still its different when we had to listen the home commentary when we we were away.
it use to go holy the goalkeeper is a big chap all 6ft 9 in , then we would get andre dozzell is the son of jason dozzell

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:51 - Apr 24 with 3483 viewsWickets

So did i !
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:56 - Apr 24 with 3428 viewsBlueBadger

If only blokes his age could be this emotionally articulate about stuff that mattered, rather than football the country, nay the world, might not be quite as f**ked as it is.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:01 - Apr 24 with 3351 viewsdominiciawful

What did he say?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:01 - Apr 24 with 3347 viewslazyblue

Mills is one of few Ipswich players in our history who can talk the talk as ex ipswich and England captain, I personally thinks he talks an awful lot of sense.
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 3302 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:01 - Apr 24 by dominiciawful

What did he say?

Among other things...

That children in schools don't get prizes for winning races (as on sports day) but that they all get a prize for taking part.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:17 - Apr 24 with 3173 viewsjeera

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:06 - Apr 24 by Tangledupin_Blue

Among other things...

That children in schools don't get prizes for winning races (as on sports day) but that they all get a prize for taking part.

If he was drawing parallels with our current squad, then he has a point to be fair.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:27 - Apr 24 with 3058 viewsBlue_badge

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:06 - Apr 24 by Tangledupin_Blue

Among other things...

Oh no, our players want to be recognised for being "participants" - where have I heard that before...
Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:36 - Apr 24 with 2978 viewsBlueBadger

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 17:34 - Apr 24 by eddiespearitt03

Is it stating the obvious again ?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 1:52]

We have a lot of problems at ITFC but 'ex players getting upset because we're sh1t' is way, way, WAY down one the list.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:37 - Apr 24 with 2959 viewsBlueBadger

Among other things...

Fair play to him, that's an elaborate 'but Labour' that the Decent Right on here dream about coming up with.

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 2953 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:17 - Apr 24 by jeera

If he was drawing parallels with our current squad, then he has a point to be fair.

He was using that trope to make the point that today's kids aren't tough the way they were in his day. That nowadays they have everything handed to them without effort.

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:46 - Apr 24 with 2884 viewsjeera

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:38 - Apr 24 by Tangledupin_Blue

He was using that trope to make the point that today's kids aren't tough the way they were in his day. That nowadays they have everything handed to them without effort.

I see.

Then that's a silly generalisation and a man of his age, (and life experience), should know better if that was his angle.

Of course plenty of kids get handed life on a plate, and a whole lot more do not. It's not complicated.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 2795 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:46 - Apr 24 by jeera

I see.

Then that's a silly generalisation and a man of his age, (and life experience), should know better if that was his angle.

Of course plenty of kids get handed life on a plate, and a whole lot more do not. It's not complicated.

Quite. It is the sort of thing you might read in the Mail or Express. It is why I upvoted the OP.

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 2764 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 18:38 - Apr 24 by Tangledupin_Blue

Thats doesn't really work though. Plenty of lads still make it into elite football, can he level the same comparison at Foden or Kane?

The odds against making it as a professional footballer are harder than ever. The ones that do must have something about them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 19:13 - Apr 24 with 2663 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 2494 viewsPositivelyPortman

Mick Mills going full gammon on Radio Suffolk on 19:13 - Apr 24 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Gammon doesn’t refer solely to Brexit type views. It’s the whole Mail, Express, Piers Morgan, Richard Littlejohn, Jeremy Clarkson way of thinking.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024