Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook hammering players 17:46 - Apr 24 with 4762 viewsunstableblue

BUT praising Dobra - well, errrrrr, you put Bennets on instead of him. Who has been miserable.

I agree with Cook that first half was disgusting. Woeful performances across the pitch.

But saying that this was the ‘worst display of any of his teams ever’ - how is that going to help get us a win and a goal.

Which needs to be the laser focus, a small target!! Something small to achieve.

14hours without a goal is not something to take into the summer.

Again I am a Cook fan - but this style is failing.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Cook hammering players on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 3060 viewsSmithy

Difficult one though isn't it, do you really want to throw a young kid into a team that's given up the ghost and destroy his enjoyment and confidence, pretty sure that's why Nydam is not being risked also.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Cook hammering players on 17:52 - Apr 24 with 3006 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The players are failing in this style.. but they also failed in the other styles we played. They failed in the ones under Lambert as well.

So the players are failing

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Cook hammering players on 17:57 - Apr 24 with 2904 viewsTractorCam

Yeah, he should of said it was a nae normal first half, really, really good performance.

That always did the trick.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cook hammering players on 17:58 - Apr 24 with 2861 viewspointofblue

Cook hammering players on 17:57 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

Yeah, he should of said it was a nae normal first half, really, really good performance.

That always did the trick.

Going off the Twitter interview I think he was pretty honest - first half abject, second half better. Though he made the confusing team selection which led to the first half performance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook hammering players on 18:02 - Apr 24 with 2796 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The rest of this season will be dire.

Can't see how the players will be motivated to reform.

Hopefully once PC has his own team and a pre-season he will get it right. No excuses next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook hammering players on 18:03 - Apr 24 with 2748 viewsBlueBadger

End of the day, he's got to take some personal responsibility for this. Lest we forget, we had a similarly disinterested bunch of losers who were utterly dysfunctional when Mick took over and he managed topple them round. Granted, the damage done by Lambert and, to a lesser degree, Hurst being in post for too long adds an additional challenge but I do fear that he's betting not just the house but the family business on what he can do this summer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook hammering players on 18:03 - Apr 24 with 2760 viewspointofblue

Cook hammering players on 18:02 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

The rest of this season will be dire.

Can't see how the players will be motivated to reform.

Hopefully once PC has his own team and a pre-season he will get it right. No excuses next season.

Cook has thrown the season away now. Whether he had a choice is up for debate but he clearly doesn’t care for many of the players and the players do not care for him. The only different between him and Hurst is the latter got the bullet AFTER having a chance to reform. Cook has an opportunity to turn this all around; we just have to get through the next fortnight.

Cook hammering players on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 2702 viewsITFCBlues

Cook hammering players on 18:03 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

End of the day, he's got to take some personal responsibility for this. Lest we forget, we had a similarly disinterested bunch of losers who were utterly dysfunctional when Mick took over and he managed topple them round. Granted, the damage done by Lambert and, to a lesser degree, Hurst being in post for too long adds an additional challenge but I do fear that he's betting not just the house but the family business on what he can do this summer.

This is completely different. We've got a whole squad of players here out of contract come the summer who know they don't have a future here and as a result have no interest in playing for the manager.

Really does say alot about this group of players.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook hammering players on 18:07 - Apr 24 with 2688 viewsChrisd

Cook hammering players on 18:03 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

Most interviews recently he has, he did again today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cook hammering players on 18:09 - Apr 24 with 2644 viewspointofblue

Cook hammering players on 18:07 - Apr 24 by Chrisd

He does it as a passing remark. He makes it very clear it’s the players problem, not his, even if he does play lip service to “blame me”. The first half performance today was exactly what I’d expect from a squad that is going through the motions and almost afraid of making a mistake.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:09]

Cook hammering players on 18:11 - Apr 24 with 2577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cook hammering players on 18:06 - Apr 24 by ITFCBlues

This is completely different. We've got a whole squad of players here out of contract come the summer who know they don't have a future here and as a result have no interest in playing for the manager.

By not performing they also massively reduce their chances of a good move in the summer.

Some of them could come unstuck.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook hammering players on 18:12 - Apr 24 with 2561 viewsjayessess

Cook hammering players on 18:06 - Apr 24 by ITFCBlues

Only 3 out-of-contract players in today's lineup.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:12]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook hammering players on 18:12 - Apr 24 with 2540 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook hammering players on 17:52 - Apr 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

The players are failing in this style.. but they also failed in the other styles we played. They failed in the ones under Lambert as well.

So the players are failing

They're just failing even more under Cook.
Cook hammering players on 18:13 - Apr 24 with 2506 viewsBlueBadger

Cook hammering players on 18:09 - Apr 24 by pointofblue

He does it as a passing remark. He makes it very clear it’s the players problem, not his, even if he does play lip service to “blame me”. The first half performance today was exactly what I’d expect from a squad that is going through the motions and almost afraid of making a mistake.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:09]

I am genuinely fearful of another Lambert Situation here in which fans unite behind an ineffective manager because he's Saying The Right Things.

I don't think he should go in the summer and he deserves more time, but by 'eck he's gambling on being able to live up to his rep with a transfer marker and pre-season because he's clearly written the season off now and quite possibly had done so a while ago.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cook hammering players on 18:15 - Apr 24 with 2496 viewsTrequartista

When you analyse it, it's difficult to know who he means. The keeper saved a pen and the defence has been unchanged recently and kept a clean sheet. He has praised Dozzell and Downes and he has going to want to keep them as well as Bishop and he's said Hawkins put in an honest performance.

So is this all on just Bennett and Edwards?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cook hammering players on 18:20 - Apr 24 with 2451 viewsTractorCam

Cook hammering players on 18:13 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

I am genuinely fearful of another Lambert Situation here in which fans unite behind an ineffective manager because he's Saying The Right Things.

I don't think he should go in the summer and he deserves more time, but by 'eck he's gambling on being able to live up to his rep with a transfer marker and pre-season because he's clearly written the season off now and quite possibly had done so a while ago.

The difference of course being Lambert was a serial failure at all clubs and hated by all fans since Norwich, compared to Cook who has received high praise from fans of his previous clubs.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cook hammering players on 18:20 - Apr 24 with 2445 viewsKeaneish

It always amazed me when I played how many players couldn’t take criticism whether public or in the dressing room. A lot would cower away or start morning about it behind people’s backs. I expect that’s happening now but who wants players like that in the dressing room?

Great sides are tough, resilient and have a desire and hunger to win constantly. Anything less than that and there’s no point in turning up. Throw those that treat games like exhibition matches under the bus, they deserve it if they’re going to put on the shirt and turn in a shower like that...

Dozzell, Edwards, Ward, McGuiness, Bennetts...

(I half expect PL negotiated a minimum appearance clause in Bennetts contract which might explain why he’s getting game time - no idea why’s he’s appearing otherwise)

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook hammering players on 18:21 - Apr 24 with 2439 viewshaynes_toe1

Its a pretty good play by Cook to be fair to him.

Hes come in and been absolutely dreadful, the footballs been worse and our players have regressed further under him to places I thought impossible.

But he clearly read our fans like a book and realised any new manager is seen as the messiah temporarily. He knows lots of players won't be here next season so he can protect his decision by throwing all those players under the bus so to speak.

I dont doubt some players don't care but I personally think a decent proportion of them do and will perform well at this level elsewhere under a manager who shows a bit more faith and man management skills.

From Cooks point of view though he's going to keep these comments up whilst he fails to do anything positive on the pitch.
Cook hammering players on 18:21 - Apr 24 with 2431 viewsChrisd

Cook hammering players on 18:13 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

I’m not sure what you’re expecting him to do? He’s changed formations, he’s changed line ups, hes changed tactics, he’s tried to be positive, now he’s lighting fires to get a reaction and still nothing. What would you do? I think he is like all of us, get to the summer and then rebuild starts. If then we are encountering the same issues then he should rightfully be challenged. One thing that is different is we aren’t under ME’s ownership and if PC isn’t delivering with his own squad then I can see them acting far more quickly than what ME ever did.

Cook hammering players on 18:22 - Apr 24 with 2419 viewsChurchman

Cook hammering players on 18:07 - Apr 24 by Chrisd

You are right. However, it’s no good confusing the narrative by throwing in the truth. You are meant to use at least one of the following:
1 - Players thrown under the bus
2 - Lost the dressing room
3 - Can’t get a tune out of these players (ghastly phrase)
4 - 2 points from the playoffs when he turned up
5 - I don’t want Cook out but....
6 - We were on a great run before Cook arrived .... (three scraped wins, one against 10 men, following a couple of 0-0 draws, one against mighty Northampton)
7 - Worse than Lambert.
8 - Useless without Richardson
9 - Best squad in League One
10 - Doesn’t take responsibility
11 - No free hit (whatever that is)
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:34]
Cook hammering players on 18:24 - Apr 24 with 2370 viewsChrisd

Cook hammering players on 18:22 - Apr 24 by Churchman

You are right. However, it’s no good confusing the narrative by throwing in the truth. You are meant to use at least one of the following:
1 - Players thrown under the bus
2 - Lost the dressing room
3 - Can’t get a tune out of these players (ghastly phrase)
4 - 2 points from the playoffs when he turned up
5 - I don’t want Cook out but....
6 - We were on a great run before Cook arrived .... (three scraped wins, one against 10 men, following a couple of 0-0 draws, one against mighty Northampton)
7 - Worse than Lambert.
8 - Useless without Richardson
9 - Best squad in League One
10 - Doesn’t take responsibility
11 - No free hit (whatever that is)
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:34]

My mistake Churchman, my apologies.

Cook hammering players on 18:33 - Apr 24 with 2304 viewsBlueBadger

Cook hammering players on 18:20 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

The difference of course being Lambert was a serial failure at all clubs and hated by all fans since Norwich, compared to Cook who has received high praise from fans of his previous clubs.

That's why I don't think he should go. Fair play to him for his balls, end of the day. He is staking his reputation on turning us around rather than turning up for a last pay day.

Cook hammering players on 18:46 - Apr 24 with 2205 viewschrismakin

Cook hammering players on 18:21 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

Hes come in and been absolutely dreadful, the footballs been worse and our players have regressed further under him to places I thought impossible.

But he clearly read our fans like a book and realised any new manager is seen as the messiah temporarily. He knows lots of players won't be here next season so he can protect his decision by throwing all those players under the bus so to speak.

I dont doubt some players don't care but I personally think a decent proportion of them do and will perform well at this level elsewhere under a manager who shows a bit more faith and man management skills.

From Cooks point of view though he's going to keep these comments up whilst he fails to do anything positive on the pitch.

bit more faith and man management skills

lol, you are superb

Go back and read his after game and pre game comments when he came in, all about raising confidence, mentalities, getting them to relax etc etc

He did that for weeks and weeks and it did nothing, clearly and he see's alot more than you do behind the scenes, there's alot not right with the players more than just 'ability' which makes sense when you've got 90% of them leaving the club. Plus the added fact that their fitness levels are shambolic for this level of football.

"From Cooks point of view though he's going to keep these comments up whilst he fails to do anything positive on the pitch.

Do you finally want to share what you would or expect him to do differently? Bennetss, Dobra, Edwards, Dozzell all had chances today and all blew them, there were simple passes available with KVY overlapping that weren't made etc.. PC can't effect this, that's down the players with the ball at their feet.

Since day one as a self confessed football fan, not ipswich fan, have slated PC, without providing any further analysis other than, " he's been worse"

You have had everything explained to you very very simply, the managers even told you to be ready for the pain as we look at the summer

and to re-iterate again, you said you would give him a year, so why not wait until then to see where we are? otherwise you're not actually given a year are you, you're just going week by week.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook hammering players on 18:48 - Apr 24 with 2205 viewsKeaneish

Cook hammering players on 18:21 - Apr 24 by haynes_toe1

Cook mixed it up constantly today to try and squeeze something out of them. Everything is a test at the moment to see how players (who have checked out), react. If you think this a PR play by Cook, you’re wrong. I think your train of thought about Cook not being a good man manager is really short sighted in truth and doesn’t take into account the bigger picture. This is a pre-season we’re in now with 20 plus contracts expiring, best get used to these types of honest assessments as much as it might jar the senses.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 22:53]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook hammering players on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 2138 viewsPinewoodblue

Cook hammering players on 18:48 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

Cook mixed it up constantly today to try and squeeze something out of them. Everything is a test at the moment to see how players (who have checked out), react. If you think this a PR play by Cook, you’re wrong. I think your train of thought about Cook not being a good man manager is really short sighted in truth and doesn’t take into account the bigger picture. This is a pre-season we’re in now with 20 plus contracts expiring, best get used to these types of honest assessments as much as it might jar the senses.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 22:53]

I suspect we heard a watered down version of what he must have said in the dressing room at halftime and at full time. Think they will all be glad when this season is over and they can get away.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024