Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading the EADT interview... 18:12 - Apr 24 with 1584 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Cook himself is starting to question whether he will be here much longer, '. I was out of work for eight, nine months and I couldn't wait to get back in. The way my team is playing at the minute I'll be out of work again pretty soon.'
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:13]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Reading the EADT interview... on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 1362 viewsArnieM

Well if you and the EADT journos actually LISTENED to The new owners interview earlier this week it’s clear that they fully understand the current situation . Paul Cook will be the manager taking us forward , and rightly so .

This is end of the Evans era snd all that it stands for was out there on that pitch today . Shambolic snd utter dross .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Reading the EADT interview... on 18:48 - Apr 24 with 1311 viewsITFC_Forever

I don’t think he meant it literally.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Reading the EADT interview... on 18:49 - Apr 24 with 1281 viewsHipsterectomy

Really?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:03 - Apr 24 with 1023 viewsBluearmy71

I think you have misinterpreted what PC was saying, he was meaning that he knows the kind of run he's had since taken over is the type of run that could get you the sack!

As many on here have said every time someone raises the question of PC being sacked the new owners wanted Paul Cook as their/our manager anyway!! So I don't think it plausible they would consider sacking PC until he has had a fair crack of the whip under their guidance, they committed to him so let him build his squad and then see!!

I do wish people would stop judging PC whilst he HAS TO WORK with an inherited squad and said players being on such a low ebb from the very start of his tenure.
Reading the EADT interview... on 21:05 - Apr 24 with 998 viewsVic

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:03 - Apr 24 by Bluearmy71

I think you have misinterpreted what PC was saying, he was meaning that he knows the kind of run he's had since taken over is the type of run that could get you the sack!

As many on here have said every time someone raises the question of PC being sacked the new owners wanted Paul Cook as their/our manager anyway!! So I don't think it plausible they would consider sacking PC until he has had a fair crack of the whip under their guidance, they committed to him so let him build his squad and then see!!

I do wish people would stop judging PC whilst he HAS TO WORK with an inherited squad and said players being on such a low ebb from the very start of his tenure.

Did I hearBerke Bekay say on the TT interview that, contrary to what has been reported, the Three Lions actually had considerable input into his appointment?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:11 - Apr 24 with 954 viewsBluearmy71

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:05 - Apr 24 by Vic

Did I hearBerke Bekay say on the TT interview that, contrary to what has been reported, the Three Lions actually had considerable input into his appointment?

Not sure about hearing him say that exactly but defo PC was first choice for all of them, but I personally feel that it was no secret that's who they wanted and basically ME was instructed to appoint PC, again I have no proof of this but its all a little too coincidental for me!!
Reading the EADT interview... on 21:19 - Apr 24 with 900 viewsHARRY10

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:05 - Apr 24 by Vic

That would make sense, and I, for one, are grateful we now appear to have people running the club with a view to the longer picture

That you cannot spend season after season dragging in other clubs cast-offs and not have it affect performance

You cannot make up those deficiencies by playing youth team products, who often are not up to the task

And anyone who thinks that we will be spending $700 million in the summer to supercharge us to the Championship and then the PL is seriously deluded.

The club needs a root and branch clear out. And built from the bottom up, not imagine that a few 'costly' signings will compensate for 13 years of neglect.

No sh it or bust, but a steady development into a club that we once were.
Reading the EADT interview... on 21:38 - Apr 24 with 802 viewsBluearmy71

Reading the EADT interview... on 21:19 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

That would make sense, and I, for one, are grateful we now appear to have people running the club with a view to the longer picture

That you cannot spend season after season dragging in other clubs cast-offs and not have it affect performance

You cannot make up those deficiencies by playing youth team products, who often are not up to the task

And anyone who thinks that we will be spending $700 million in the summer to supercharge us to the Championship and then the PL is seriously deluded.

The club needs a root and branch clear out. And built from the bottom up, not imagine that a few 'costly' signings will compensate for 13 years of neglect.

No sh it or bust, but a steady development into a club that we once were.

Brett Johnson was asked about promotion targets, he knows the score about sustaining and building on a place in the championship when we get there and said he would be looking to 7 years from now to build, get them playing etc etc so we are good enough for the Premier League but obviously he is concentrating on getting out of L1 asap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024