Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man 19:12 - Apr 24 with 5726 viewsgtsb1966

tell us all why and who you would want to replace him. Just for balance me being 100% behind him is because he has done it all before, more than once, and will be rid of this underperforming ( for a long time) squad very soon. Over to you and remember to let us all know who you would have as manager.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:19 - Apr 24 with 2382 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most people are behind cook, but some are underwhelmed. Thats ok.

I am happy to see cook build his own team and get a pre season behind him.

Hopefully his track record speaks for itself...

...then again, Jewell and Lambert had multiple promotions behind them too...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:21 - Apr 24 with 2373 viewsNeedhamChris

Pearson for me

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 2363 viewsgtsb1966

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:21 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Pearson for me

So you would sack Cook now then.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2356 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:21 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Pearson for me

hang on the same Pearson that many BC fans want out ( similar numbers like yourself with cook )

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2356 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pearson for me

Have you seen the Championship form table?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2345 viewsHARRY10

I am not sure there are many not behind Cook, bar the odd nutter.

As MM says most a re just a bit underwhelmed and disappointed, that's all.

This is merely the same frustration of being told that your plane/train has been delayed.

The season is as good as over, and we have the knowledge that drastic change will happen, and so now await that.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 with 2337 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:22 - Apr 24 by gtsb1966

So you would sack Cook now then.

At the end of the season I’d part ways.

I think the last 13 games have been disastrous, but that’s not the main reason.

The Evans era was a disaster and I don’t have confidence that the rebuild should be conducted by one of his decisions. Unless we assume Evans finally got it right, I’d rather the Americans went all in with their own man.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 with 2330 viewsgtsb1966

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:23 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

I am not sure there are many not behind Cook, bar the odd nutter.

As MM says most a re just a bit underwhelmed and disappointed, that's all.

This is merely the same frustration of being told that your plane/train has been delayed.

The season is as good as over, and we have the knowledge that drastic change will happen, and so now await that.

The few "nutters" you refer too are the ones I'm interested to hear from. One has popped up already as you can see.
Login to get fewer ads

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 with 2324 viewsBlueBadger

He's the right man who was appointed at the wrong time who's betting the house, the family silver and the business on getting it right on the summer.

He's infinitely less of a busted flush than Lambert but by 'eck has his honeymoon period been blown.

Possibly in part by factors out of his control.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:26 - Apr 24 with 2313 viewsgtsb1966

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

The Evans era was a disaster and I don’t have confidence that the rebuild should be conducted by one of his decisions. Unless we assume Evans finally got it right, I’d rather the Americans went all in with their own man.

Have you read anything the new owners have said?
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:27 - Apr 24 with 2295 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Our Chairman says he WAS their man.

(He would say that of course, but you have to take that at face value).

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:28 - Apr 24 with 2291 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:25 - Apr 24 by gtsb1966

The few "nutters" you refer too are the ones I'm interested to hear from. One has popped up already as you can see.

If you want to engage people with different views, maybe stop insulting people you disagree with.

Edit: sorry replied to the wrong person there really!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:30]

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:28 - Apr 24 with 2285 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:19 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most people are behind cook, but some are underwhelmed. Thats ok.

I am happy to see cook build his own team and get a pre season behind him.

Hopefully his track record speaks for itself...

...then again, Jewell and Lambert had multiple promotions behind them too...

Underwelmed would be make sense, but to continue to question PC despite the fact we are pretty much seeing the season out, what's the point? are they suddenly expecting something different to happen? that's what I dont get

Making out he's the worst at man management, despite being known for being one of the best with plenty of examples of ex players and colleagues saying as such, and despite the fact he's had vast amount of success at rebuilding squads, the anti PC agenda is in full swing despite this.

They are also so blinkered and trying to blame PC for it that they ignore what is coming from the club.

2nd half today, I actually really enjoyed. Yet none of these Anti PC brigade are even acknowledging it. One main one, can't even acknowledge that PC must have shown a great deal of man management to get that 2nd half performance following the first, but oh no, that would be given him some credit which is totally wrong.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:29 - Apr 24 with 2277 viewshomer_123

I said at the time I would have preferred the Cowleys as I thought they would be better at a long term build (which we need).

But Cook was my second choice based on win percentage and I thought we stood a better chance of getting promotion this season under him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:32 - Apr 24 with 2242 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:28 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Underwelmed would be make sense, but to continue to question PC despite the fact we are pretty much seeing the season out, what's the point? are they suddenly expecting something different to happen? that's what I dont get

Making out he's the worst at man management, despite being known for being one of the best with plenty of examples of ex players and colleagues saying as such, and despite the fact he's had vast amount of success at rebuilding squads, the anti PC agenda is in full swing despite this.

They are also so blinkered and trying to blame PC for it that they ignore what is coming from the club.

2nd half today, I actually really enjoyed. Yet none of these Anti PC brigade are even acknowledging it. One main one, can't even acknowledge that PC must have shown a great deal of man management to get that 2nd half performance following the first, but oh no, that would be given him some credit which is totally wrong.

I think too much is being made of the 'anti PC' brigade.

Their number isn't huge.

I fully support judging Cook next season... but given Cooks record so far, I don't think those who think PC is the wrong man are suggesting that without any foundation. It's ok to disagree.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 2206 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:32 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Their number isn't huge.

I fully support judging Cook next season... but given Cooks record so far, I don't think those who think PC is the wrong man are suggesting that without any foundation. It's ok to disagree.

Like compliments and complaints in business

You hear more about the complaints than you ever do compliments.

And that's what is happening

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:36 - Apr 24 with 2193 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:35 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Like compliments and complaints in business

You hear more about the complaints than you ever do compliments.

And that's what is happening

...and it's amplified by people continually 'calling out' the so called anti PC brigade.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:39 - Apr 24 with 2160 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:36 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

...and it's amplified by people continually 'calling out' the so called anti PC brigade.

That's the biggest problem

Literally every post seems to be negative, there is actually some positives to take from today, as shte as the result was again

for example, for all the rubbish 0 goal scored business, since PC has been here - unbeaten at home, keep that up at PR next season with some goals and we're in business.

[Redacted] on 19:41 - Apr 24 with 2149 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:43 - Apr 24 with 2134 viewsCoastalblue

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:28 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

You seem to have nailed your colours to the mast so firmly it appears as though you've left yourself nowhere to go and don't seem able to look at things objectively.

I've said a number of times and still believe that Cook should be here at the end of next season almost regardless of what happens between now and then, however, he's struggling at the moment and burning through the credit he arrived with fast.

I don't really care whether other clubs have said he's an arrogant aloof fecker or the best man manager in the league, I only care about what he does here, and so far it's been disapointing to say the least.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 with 2125 viewschrismakin

[Redacted] on 19:41 - Apr 24 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I'd rather have a manger who has recent experience and success at building a squad to get promoted from this league

Paul Cook is that man

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 with 2113 viewsHARRY10

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:32 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Their number isn't huge.

I suspect it would be a close run thing between their numbers and their individual IQ
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 with 2115 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:26 - Apr 24 by gtsb1966

Have you read anything the new owners have said?

Yes. I just don’t believe the part about cook being their man too. That would be quite a coincidence and he doesn’t quite fit the CEO and head of recruitment model.

I think cooks chances to succeeding are quite high. I just think that we could probably attract better for a rebuilding project and if there’s any doubt that he’s the one to spend the money I’d get rid. Right man wrong time.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:46 - Apr 24 with 2089 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

I'd rather have a manger who has recent experience and success at building a squad to get promoted from this league

Paul Cook is that man

Equally someone like Neil Critchley would be a good appointment if Blackpool didn't go up.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 2070 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

I suspect it would be a close run thing between their numbers and their individual IQ

Again, just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them stupid. Just an unpleasant way to conduct discussion but if that’s all you can muster, fair enough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024