Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? 09:50 - Apr 25 with 5296 viewsCoco

🤦

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 09:54 - Apr 25 with 2915 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What?

If thats the case, is it OK if I accuse all our players of being liars and frauds?
Care about the club? Chinny Reckon?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 2824 viewsBasuco

There is a very fine line between bullying and coaching, whatever side of the line Paul Cook is on we don't know as fans, my concern is that at the moment the players seem very nervous about making mistakes, they are now making far more mistakes than they have done previously and they are not playing anywhere near to their potential. In fact on the pitch the team look very similar to the worst days of the RK era, no shape no balance and no perceivable tactical set-up. Moving forward are Paul Cook's methods able to get the best out of a group of players? Next season when we are back at Portman Road if the team do need to hit the ground running.
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 2773 viewsCoco

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:38 - Apr 25 by Basuco

There is a very fine line between bullying and coaching, whatever side of the line Paul Cook is on we don't know as fans, my concern is that at the moment the players seem very nervous about making mistakes, they are now making far more mistakes than they have done previously and they are not playing anywhere near to their potential. In fact on the pitch the team look very similar to the worst days of the RK era, no shape no balance and no perceivable tactical set-up. Moving forward are Paul Cook's methods able to get the best out of a group of players? Next season when we are back at Portman Road if the team do need to hit the ground running.

Cook came in and was full of positivity and protection of these players. He stated on numerous occasions how the players have had enough criticism and tried everything in his power to protect them. The players are quite obviously just playing out the season and not busting a gut for points. Cook has cracked.

Why should Cook continue to protect them? What exactly has Cook done that can be classed as ‘bullying’? A few home truths?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:57 - Apr 25 with 2731 viewsbluejacko

FFS here we go! He will be accused of racism next!
Are people that soft that they can’t see these ‘players’ getting a rollicking is what they deserve?
Still in this modern world nobody can be criticised or whatever anymore it’s just not woke🤬
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:04 - Apr 25 with 2679 viewsWickets

Most decent managers would be saying a lot more if they came in and got the sort of half hearted effort we have all been moaning about for years . These players particularly the more senior ones should take a long hard look at themselves !
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 2645 viewsPinewoodblue

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:04 - Apr 25 by Wickets

Most decent managers would be saying a lot more if they came in and got the sort of half hearted effort we have all been moaning about for years . These players particularly the more senior ones should take a long hard look at themselves !

I’m coming round to the idea that PC is picking some of them, those who don’t give a toss, just to annoy them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 2633 viewsStewart27

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:38 - Apr 25 by Basuco

Bless them
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:19 - Apr 25 with 2593 viewsvapour_trail

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:57 - Apr 25 by bluejacko

Are people that soft that they can’t see these ‘players’ getting a rollicking is what they deserve?
Still in this modern world nobody can be criticised or whatever anymore it’s just not woke🤬

Moronic.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 2572 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

*sees ridiculous, angry post*

*checks poster*

Ah, ok.
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:37 - Apr 25 with 2525 viewsgtsb1966

Good job Brian Clough isn't around anymore if people think Cooks methods equates to bullying.
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:38 - Apr 25 with 2520 viewsitfcjoe

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:37 - Apr 25 by gtsb1966

Good job Brian Clough isn't around anymore if people think Cooks methods equates to bullying.

Almost like things have changed in the last 40-50 years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:40 - Apr 25 with 2499 viewsgtsb1966

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:38 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

Do you think Cooks actions could be considered bullying just out of interest.
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 2488 viewsBlueBadger

I love the TWTD Decent Right.

Things that haven't happened that the poster imagines have happened? Check.
Pointless ager at people being 'soft'? Yup.
Utterly spurious use of the latest buzzword for idiots? present.

Where can I claim my prize, I think I'e got a full house here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 2491 viewsITFCBlues

This is a group of players that haven't performed for 3 years now. I think he's well within his rights to dig them out.

Theyre rotten to the core and have had an easy ride. Thankfully most aren't likely to be here next season.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:51 - Apr 25 with 2423 viewshadleighboyblue

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 10:48 - Apr 25 by Coco

Cook came in and was full of positivity and protection of these players. He stated on numerous occasions how the players have had enough criticism and tried everything in his power to protect them. The players are quite obviously just playing out the season and not busting a gut for points. Cook has cracked.

Why should Cook continue to protect them? What exactly has Cook done that can be classed as ‘bullying’? A few home truths?

I love PC's honesty and enthusiasm , he really cares , unlike some of the players .

This season is dead , the players are even less interested than they were before PC arrived, probably knowing that their days here are numbered .

So PC might as well save his enthusiasm for next season when he has his own players here to encourage , maybe worthwhile sitting back a bit to see if anyone is worth keeping , whatever he does with the current mob isn't going to make much difference anyway .

Maybe encouraging the likes of Dobra and Nydam who are hopefully going to be around next season .

Hopefully PC can build a close knit squad of triers who are willing to work together , our current squad are so uninspiring .
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 2380 viewsScuzzer

Which people?

Established 1968

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:03 - Apr 25 with 2363 viewsitfcjoe

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:41 - Apr 25 by ITFCBlues

This is a group of players that haven't performed for 3 years now. I think he's well within his rights to dig them out.

Theyre rotten to the core and have had an easy ride. Thankfully most aren't likely to be here next season.

This rotten to the core stuff is just rubbish, they are just mentally shot

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:04 - Apr 25 with 2354 viewsCoco

No, this wasn’t that sort of post.

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:11 - Apr 25 with 2310 viewsITFCBlues

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:03 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

They're just not very good footballers. Massively overrated and have failed to deliver for 3 years.

Cook certainly isn't "licking his lips" with this group of players. They don't have what it takes to be successful.

Thankfully the vast majority will be gone come the summer

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 2308 viewsmrshallisfit

Joe. Your views are respected on here and you obviously on the inside at the club. You are obviously worried by some of the tactics and methods Cook is employing to some players. However, what you cant deny is that the bunch of players we've had in the past 2 to 3 years have failed miserably and would continue to do so without any new significant injection of cash and personnel. I admit that I'm worried by the scale of rebuilding he'll need to do and in the timescale available. But the present state of the playing squad is so poor such drastic measure were needed.
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:18 - Apr 25 with 2276 viewsitfcjoe

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:12 - Apr 25 by mrshallisfit

Joe. Your views are respected on here and you obviously on the inside at the club. You are obviously worried by some of the tactics and methods Cook is employing to some players. However, what you cant deny is that the bunch of players we've had in the past 2 to 3 years have failed miserably and would continue to do so without any new significant injection of cash and personnel. I admit that I'm worried by the scale of rebuilding he'll need to do and in the timescale available. But the present state of the playing squad is so poor such drastic measure were needed.

I don’t think anyone has denied that a big overhaul was due this summer, everyone was expecting it whoever was in charge.

There is for me a core of players, and for me that starts with Hurst signings, who have never really settled here, never achieved anything and think there is a bit of a resentment for the situation they find themselves in (and the money they are on).

That summer has killed us, and continues to do so. Cool should have got more out of this lot for me, but he hasn’t so goes again in the summer - I just worry how much damage is being done to likes of Downes, Woolf, Dozzell who we need to get more out of next year.

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:20 - Apr 25 with 2253 viewsChrisd

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 11:37 - Apr 25 by gtsb1966

Although he did rule with an element of fear and he could be intimidating, Clough had the respect from the players from the first team downwards. You upped your game whenever he was around. Not sure that applies with our lot currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:21 - Apr 25 with 2242 viewsIP4_Blue

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:03 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

I agree I think confidence is shot. I agree Cook needs time his own players and I will judge in October time say 10 games in new season but he has to take responsibility for current form I don’t like all players being bashed some just need an arm round them and to try and boost their confidence I think confidence shot and maybe confused. Obviously never have Mick back but I can’t imagine if Mick had come in we would be where we are. It’s league 1 keep it simple
Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:23 - Apr 25 with 2222 viewsjeera

"He will be accused of racism next!"

What is wrong with you?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:26 - Apr 25 with 2204 viewsgtsb1966

Are people really accusing Cook of bullying? on 12:18 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

I don’t think anyone has denied that a big overhaul was due this summer, everyone was expecting it whoever was in charge.

There is for me a core of players, and for me that starts with Hurst signings, who have never really settled here, never achieved anything and think there is a bit of a resentment for the situation they find themselves in (and the money they are on).

That summer has killed us, and continues to do so. Cool should have got more out of this lot for me, but he hasn’t so goes again in the summer - I just worry how much damage is being done to likes of Downes, Woolf, Dozzell who we need to get more out of next year.

Surrounded by better players i think those players mentioned will shine next season. I hope so anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024