Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season's shirt sponsors 11:55 - Apr 25 with 1985 viewsITFC_Jenx

Everything the new owners have said so far has shown they understand the fans and understand football.

This makes me wonder what they will do for the new sponsor. The gambling route is most likely to be the most commercially profitable. However a quick Google search shows that a decent number (not all; but still substantial) of Town fans were unhappy about Magical Vegas.

Interested to see how this turns out....
Next season's shirt sponsors on 11:57 - Apr 25 with 1957 viewsgtsb1966

Sold to the highest bidder would be my guess. They are here to make money after all.
Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:11 - Apr 25 with 1912 viewstrncbluearmy

Next season's shirt sponsors on 11:57 - Apr 25 by gtsb1966

Sold to the highest bidder would be my guess. They are here to make money after all.

Normally yes, but not so sure this time around.
Shirt sponsorship revenue at the level we currently play at is a pittance compared with the supposedly overall budget available.
They seem very keen on community and goodwill, reckon they will go with a local charity.
If I was a local charity exec. I would certainly be getting my pitch in now.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 12:12]
Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:20 - Apr 25 with 1871 viewstrncbluearmy

Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:11 - Apr 25 by trncbluearmy

Shirt sponsorship revenue at the level we currently play at is a pittance compared with the supposedly overall budget available.
They seem very keen on community and goodwill, reckon they will go with a local charity.

Just on that saw a programme the other day which suggested the Suffolk Punch is in danger of extinction.
Giving the Suffolk Punch is a huge part of the history of Suffolk and the club financing a small stud/helping an existing breeder (or whatever is needed after some research) would be fantastic.
Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 1823 viewstrncbluearmy

Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:20 - Apr 25 by trncbluearmy

Just on that saw a programme the other day which suggested the Suffolk Punch is in danger of extinction.
Giving the Suffolk Punch is a huge part of the history of Suffolk and the club financing a small stud/helping an existing breeder (or whatever is needed after some research) would be fantastic.

On a role now, a fecking great Suffolk Punch with red eyes on the shirt and steam out of the nostrils would put the fear of god into the oppo.

There are also some great cartoons knocking around of a Suffolk Punch crushing a budgie
Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:59 - Apr 25 with 1744 viewsITFC_Jenx

Next season's shirt sponsors on 12:11 - Apr 25 by trncbluearmy

Agree about lower sponsorship revenue in L1.

I wonder whether their networking ability means they can attract a higher profile of sponsorship to come alongside them for the journey? The Didier Drogba equivalent of sponsorship.
Next season's shirt sponsors on 13:31 - Apr 25 with 1684 viewsIpswichKnight

Part of L1 FFP is based on turnover including sponsorship, we can’t afford to give away a free sponsorship sadly as it would mean spending less on players and having to keep more of this bunch of serial losers and wasters.
Next season's shirt sponsors on 15:08 - Apr 25 with 1582 viewsdeano85

I wonder if there is a local business man and fan, whobis affiliated with the club already, that may be interested..? 🙄
Genuinly wouldnt be suprised if it was part of the deal
Next season's shirt sponsors on 15:40 - Apr 25 with 1474 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ideally next year's shirts will either say Pioneer or Fissons on them.

Also settle for Green King.

Adnams would be a very logical choice

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Next season's shirt sponsors on 16:53 - Apr 25 with 1281 viewsArnieM

Next season's shirt sponsors on 15:40 - Apr 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Ideally next year's shirts will either say Pioneer or Fissons on them.

Also settle for Green King.

Adnams would be a very logical choice

Following the pandemic , I doubt any of these local firms can afford the level of professional football sponsorship costs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Next season's shirt sponsors on 17:13 - Apr 25 with 1231 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Next season's shirt sponsors on 16:53 - Apr 25 by ArnieM

Following the pandemic , I doubt any of these local firms can afford the level of professional football sponsorship costs.

Well none of them were serious suggestions with tje exception of Adnams, Fisons are now defunct (purchased by a French co in 1995) but they are all companies with a multi million pound turnover, even Adams and Green King who will have taken the biggest hit as suppliers to or directly involved in the hospitality industry should recover given we in the UK do rather live for the sesh. And both also sell theie wares to supermarkets and other shops

I haven't seen this years accounts but In 2018 Adnams sales were just shy of £80 million with operating profit at £1.6 mil even after EBITDA (Earnings before Interest Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation, a commonly used proxy for cash generation before capital expenditure) which is pretty healthy so I'm pretty sure all can afford to sponsor a L1 football club if they so wish.... esp given they will be looking to drive brand awareness now more than ever before.

Adnams obvs already have a relationship with the club too

Next season's shirt sponsors on 17:48 - Apr 25 with 1156 viewsTrumptonBlue

Next season's shirt sponsors on 17:13 - Apr 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Well none of them were serious suggestions with tje exception of Adnams, Fisons are now defunct (purchased by a French co in 1995) but they are all companies with a multi million pound turnover, even Adams and Green King who will have taken the biggest hit as suppliers to or directly involved in the hospitality industry should recover given we in the UK do rather live for the sesh. And both also sell theie wares to supermarkets and other shops

I haven't seen this years accounts but In 2018 Adnams sales were just shy of £80 million with operating profit at £1.6 mil even after EBITDA (Earnings before Interest Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation, a commonly used proxy for cash generation before capital expenditure) which is pretty healthy so I'm pretty sure all can afford to sponsor a L1 football club if they so wish.... esp given they will be looking to drive brand awareness now more than ever before.

Adnams obvs already have a relationship with the club too

Lockdown has hit breweries hard. My wife works for two breweries - one of whom has been mentioned on this thread - and, without wanting to go into detail about their finances, I am fairly confident that they won't be sponsoring a football club any time soon.
Next season's shirt sponsors on 18:39 - Apr 25 with 1090 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Next season's shirt sponsors on 17:48 - Apr 25 by TrumptonBlue

Lockdown has hit breweries hard. My wife works for two breweries - one of whom has been mentioned on this thread - and, without wanting to go into detail about their finances, I am fairly confident that they won't be sponsoring a football club any time soon.

I agree, they'll have other concern no doubt but that's diffrent from saying they can't.

Though work we work closely with one of the aforementioned breweries in relation to ceryain aspedfs of compliance etc (and not health and safety) and if they wanted it would be doable for a l1 club.

But I don't think it will happen.

Let's be honest, ideally all Ipswich shirts would say either Pioneer or Fisons on them.

Next season's shirt sponsors on 23:14 - Apr 25 with 875 viewsbournemouthblue

Next season's shirt sponsors on 18:39 - Apr 25 by BlueandTruesince82

I agree, they'll have other concern no doubt but that's diffrent from saying they can't.

Though work we work closely with one of the aforementioned breweries in relation to ceryain aspedfs of compliance etc (and not health and safety) and if they wanted it would be doable for a l1 club.

But I don't think it will happen.

Let's be honest, ideally all Ipswich shirts would say either Pioneer or Fisons on them.

Who knows where we are with sponsors nowadays

Betting companies are the obvious choice sadly, I'm sure they have done pretty well over the Pandemic too

It's worth noting that not all business has struggled under the Pandemic, some companies have thrived in the situation, these are the ones we will be looking at, outside the betting companies I guess?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Next season's shirt sponsors on 23:15 - Apr 25 with 869 viewsCoco

Next season's shirt sponsors on 16:53 - Apr 25 by ArnieM

Hinpack?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024