Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse 21:45 - Apr 25 with 7250 viewsTractorFrog

I'm sure Paul Cook has decided on who is getting new contracts and who isn't by now, and I think it is absolutely imperative that the future of these two is announced officially before the final game of the year. Both have done so much for the club, even if it has declined over their time here, and if they are being released, they both deserve a proper send-off in their final game. Shame it will be without the fans. It would be a very unsatisfactory ending to their Ipswich careers if they were released the day after the final game, without it being officially confirmed that it was their final game. Similar to Matt Neal in the BTCC last year.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 22:10 - Apr 25 with 4137 viewsitfcjoe

I think it’s the case for all of them that we should know - those 2 especially, but also Sears and Bishop have both played over 100 games for us (Sears well over) and there isn’t that many players in history to have done that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 22:58 - Apr 25 with 3979 viewsMrTown

Good servants. Wouldn’t go as far as to say both have done so much for the club.

Won’t be making any all time greats lists, but they were steady players.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 23:00]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 00:35 - Apr 26 with 3854 viewshaynes_toe1

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 22:10 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

I think it’s the case for all of them that we should know - those 2 especially, but also Sears and Bishop have both played over 100 games for us (Sears well over) and there isn’t that many players in history to have done that

Correct, in the modern game 100 appearances should be recognised as a level of commitment to the club.

My concern is Cook has played to the fans "all our players are a disgrace to the shirt" over-the-top and at times personal criticism that our fans will forget a lot of this for a manager who's made us worse.
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 01:39 - Apr 26 with 3815 viewsTractorWood

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 22:58 - Apr 25 by MrTown

Good servants. Wouldn’t go as far as to say both have done so much for the club.

Won’t be making any all time greats lists, but they were steady players.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 23:00]

Agree. They've been great servants but neither have actually achieved anything.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 07:33 - Apr 26 with 3624 viewstextbackup

could I get a list of what they've done for the club in their time here that is so massively worthy of a big send off?
I just don't know what it is we need to be so thankful/grateful for?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 08:13 - Apr 26 with 3520 viewsitfcjoe

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 07:33 - Apr 26 by textbackup

could I get a list of what they've done for the club in their time here that is so massively worthy of a big send off?
I just don't know what it is we need to be so thankful/grateful for?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we rename the North Stand or anything like that, but just some recognition of players who have given their all over a long period is always the right thing to do

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 08:17 - Apr 26 with 3484 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 08:13 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we rename the North Stand or anything like that, but just some recognition of players who have given their all over a long period is always the right thing to do

with no fans in the ground there is nothing that can be done, positive or negative.

being clapped off by the tw*ts (other team mates) who have let you down week after week really seems a pointless exercise and i'm sure wouldn't mean a single thing.

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 08:43 - Apr 26 with 3386 viewslazyblue

sorry but I would not put Sears and Bishop in the same bracket as Chambers and Skuse.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 09:35 - Apr 26 with 3280 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 08:13 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

The three you call out have generally been pretty decent for us. And, as you say, were pivotal parts of a relatively successful team. They've also done heaps of stuff in the wider community that should be recognised.

What I want more than anything else is for ITFC to start doing things with class again - so, if they do move on, let's say thanks to all 3 for their service and move on.
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 3209 viewsitfcjoe

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 09:35 - Apr 26 by PrideOfTheEast

The three you call out have generally been pretty decent for us. And, as you say, were pivotal parts of a relatively successful team. They've also done heaps of stuff in the wider community that should be recognised.

What I want more than anything else is for ITFC to start doing things with class again - so, if they do move on, let's say thanks to all 3 for their service and move on.

Yep, they have played the best part of 1000 games between them - and sure they'd be more frustrated than anyone that there hasn't been the success with it. Some will blame them for that but that misses the point for me, they aren't running the club and never have been despite what is sometimes said.

There won't be statues of them, but LC and CS will end up inducted into our hall of fame at some point when you see who is in it currently.

You hear stories of long serving players at clubs being released by e-mail (Heard James Collins talk about West Ham exit), we have to ensure that if they go it will be with a 'thank you and good luck' opposed to being ignored

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:17 - Apr 26 with 3116 viewsPositivelyPortman

Well, Sears has been on the pitch for us, but actually playing a game is stretching it a bit.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:21 - Apr 26 with 3079 viewsBLUEBEAT

I have pondered over this particular pair for some time.

True, they have been longstanding and big-hearted types but they’ve also been constants during the worst era of ITFC in my lifetime.

So perhaps they are part of the problem?

Poll: W or W

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:30 - Apr 26 with 3015 viewsitfcjoe

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:21 - Apr 26 by BLUEBEAT

True, they have been longstanding and big-hearted types but they’ve also been constants during the worst era of ITFC in my lifetime.

I think the bigger part of the problem is the ownership and management

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:42 - Apr 26 with 2965 viewsPinewoodblue

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:30 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

I think the bigger part of the problem is the ownership and management

Agreed but they have both been too comfortable with the lack of progress.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:46 - Apr 26 with 2949 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:42 - Apr 26 by Pinewoodblue

Agreed but they have both been too comfortable with the lack of progress.

neither of them can impact what happens off the pitch (which has been the biggest problem) however, also worrying, they've aren't they type of player that could impact on the pitch either.
they'll give their all when playing, but for a long time their best hasn't been enough to help us.
that's not a horrible thing to say, its just what it is. if they had better players around them then of course their 6 or 7 out of 10 weekly would be deemed a solid performance.

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:03 - Apr 26 with 2904 viewsBlueBlood90

Totally agree.

Chambers, Skuse, Bishop and Sears have all been here for a long period of time and been great professionals throughout their time.

I personally wouldn't keep any of them but they've been great servants and I would happily applaud them for their efforts over the years.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:42 - Apr 26 with 2829 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:03 - Apr 26 by BlueBlood90

Totally agree.

Chambers, Skuse, Bishop and Sears have all been here for a long period of time and been great professionals throughout their time.

I personally wouldn't keep any of them but they've been great servants and I would happily applaud them for their efforts over the years.

sears

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:50 - Apr 26 with 2803 viewsTieDyedIn95

I was initially in the pro-keeping Chambers on camp.

My views since Cook has come in have changed. The reason being is when you have change like we have, you expect your two senior players to be able to not only fight when they play but motivate the rest of the players to give it a go around them and inspire some performances. There are games this past month that with effort alone we should have won but we didn't turn up. Chambers is the captain and has been complicit in watching this all unfold. He's a nice guy, he's played a ton of games for us, but where where is the fight, where is the desire, where is the inspiration coming from? He's seen a team down tools and he's not done anything about it.

So no, goodbye. They should all be playing out of their skins for contracts, for promotion, to be part of a new managers set up and a bright new future but instead they are going through the motions. If they cared about the club at all, and the fact we've given the names in question a good living for nearly a decade in Chambers, Skuse, Bishop and Sears and that's the best they can do in return?

Come on.

Let's move on now. Evans era needs to be put to bed, as does the last of Micks hangers on.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:50 - Apr 26 with 2802 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:03 - Apr 26 by BlueBlood90

Totally agree.

Chambers, Skuse and Sears may well have been here a long time and tried their best, however their 'best' is far from what I deem to be of an acceptable standard.

Teddy will be here next year, so he gets to go again and just perhaps, he will finally turn the corner.
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 12:04 - Apr 26 with 2766 viewsMattinLondon

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 10:21 - Apr 26 by BLUEBEAT

Think that you’re being a tad unfair as it’s obvious that both players are extremely professional and do a lot more for the club than simply play for it.

I don’t actually think that Skuse is that particularly good a player but he has been here for a long time and the club/fans should recognise this. Chambers, has been played out of position and has never complained about that. A bit like Rooney in this regard, as both players simply get on with it for the benefit of the club rather than for their own careers. And both suffered from people yelling out that they aren’t good enough simply for not playing in their natural roles.

In short, neither are part of the problem of the acceptance of sloppiness that has been a part of club culture since the Evans era.
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 2686 viewsBlueBlood90

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:50 - Apr 26 by BlueBlueBluex2

Chambers, Skuse and Sears may well have been here a long time and tried their best, however their 'best' is far from what I deem to be of an acceptable standard.

Teddy will be here next year, so he gets to go again and just perhaps, he will finally turn the corner.

I can accept players not being great if you know they've tried their best. I don't think anyone can doubt the effort of those three regardless of what you may think of their abilities.

It's not their fault they've been picked and kept by all of the managers that have been here since McCarthy.

I'm not so sure I'd keep Teddy. We need consistently fit players who are capable of 40+ games a season. Why insist on wasting a wage on a player who can only manage 15-20 games? I'm pretty sure no one would care about him if he hadn't come through our academy.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 2625 viewsBLUEBEAT

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 12:04 - Apr 26 by MattinLondon

Think that you’re being a tad unfair as it’s obvious that both players are extremely professional and do a lot more for the club than simply play for it.

I don’t actually think that Skuse is that particularly good a player but he has been here for a long time and the club/fans should recognise this. Chambers, has been played out of position and has never complained about that. A bit like Rooney in this regard, as both players simply get on with it for the benefit of the club rather than for their own careers. And both suffered from people yelling out that they aren’t good enough simply for not playing in their natural roles.

In short, neither are part of the problem of the acceptance of sloppiness that has been a part of club culture since the Evans era.

Disagree.

Especially with regards to the team and club captain. See TieDyedIn95’s post above for clearer reasoning, but he has hidden away from the issues. He does not look to be a captain on the pitch and if we are not getting results from matches, I don’t really care how amazing he is for the club off the pitch.

‘Yes men’ and brown-nosers are the reason we’re in this mess.

Yes, owner and manager are largely responsible but this clubs issues soak all the way down through the coaches, support staff and, ultimately, the players.

A clean slate for Cook is required and it looks like this is what’s going to happen.

I welcome it and have no time for (fake) rose-tinted thanks to nice but ultimately ineffective players.

Poll: W or W

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 2612 viewsDanTheMan

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 12:59 - Apr 26 by BLUEBEAT

Disagree.

Especially with regards to the team and club captain. See TieDyedIn95’s post above for clearer reasoning, but he has hidden away from the issues. He does not look to be a captain on the pitch and if we are not getting results from matches, I don’t really care how amazing he is for the club off the pitch.

‘Yes men’ and brown-nosers are the reason we’re in this mess.

Yes, owner and manager are largely responsible but this clubs issues soak all the way down through the coaches, support staff and, ultimately, the players.

A clean slate for Cook is required and it looks like this is what’s going to happen.

I welcome it and have no time for (fake) rose-tinted thanks to nice but ultimately ineffective players.

And there was me thinking Chambers was a problem because of player power and him getting rid of Hurst, not a brown noser.

It's so hard to keep track of what he is and isn't in charge of.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 13:22 - Apr 26 with 2550 viewsBluesky

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 11:50 - Apr 26 by TieDyedIn95

I was initially in the pro-keeping Chambers on camp.

My views since Cook has come in have changed. The reason being is when you have change like we have, you expect your two senior players to be able to not only fight when they play but motivate the rest of the players to give it a go around them and inspire some performances. There are games this past month that with effort alone we should have won but we didn't turn up. Chambers is the captain and has been complicit in watching this all unfold. He's a nice guy, he's played a ton of games for us, but where where is the fight, where is the desire, where is the inspiration coming from? He's seen a team down tools and he's not done anything about it.

So no, goodbye. They should all be playing out of their skins for contracts, for promotion, to be part of a new managers set up and a bright new future but instead they are going through the motions. If they cared about the club at all, and the fact we've given the names in question a good living for nearly a decade in Chambers, Skuse, Bishop and Sears and that's the best they can do in return?

Come on.

Let's move on now. Evans era needs to be put to bed, as does the last of Micks hangers on.

I absolutely agree with everything you say. My concern about keeping Chambers for all his service is that he has passively or actively been complicit in the attitude since Cook arrived and before - just as you say. There is a taint in the club and all trace must be erased.
Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse on 13:34 - Apr 26 with 2523 viewschrismakin

I'm caught with these two

On one hand. I think we need a fresh start. And I still feel some of the 'dont care' mindset comes from them. Afterall they've been here throughout

However i dont have any proof of that so I may be wrong.

So based on football ability.
League 1. As cover I think both could stay.
Chambers is a solid cover cb or RB for this level.
Skuse fit is a good solid sub.. he didnt look out of place saturday

As starters no. But I wouldnt be disappointed if both stayed as covers. ( but it does depend on that mindset thing )

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024