Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners 08:29 - Apr 26 with 2654 viewsMenton

I’m as enthusiastic as most others about the takeover but I would not want my pension invested in ITFC. I mean, they’re not going to make a profit on this, are they? They’re just not.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

New owners on 08:32 - Apr 26 with 2250 viewsIpswichKnight

They are not investing the entire pension pot in us, a small amount will be but it will be offset against investments in the likes of Amazon, Tesla, Apple, Microsoft etc...
New owners on 08:33 - Apr 26 with 2245 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's a high risk investment. Pension funds make them all the time.
It's not easy to get in to a profit situation, but when possible, the returns can be huge.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New owners on 08:39 - Apr 26 with 2196 viewsgordon

No, they're not, and I'm glad it's not my pension.
New owners on 08:44 - Apr 26 with 2173 viewsitfcjoe

It's just a small speculative investment as part of a gigantic investment fund - if they can invest £200m and turn us in to Leicester we will be worth 3 times that.

If they invest £200m and we get stuck in the Championship we'll be worth £60-80m and they'll take the loss

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New owners on 08:45 - Apr 26 with 2166 viewsGuthrum

You say that, but if we were to improve our position a bit - say to in the Champ and pushing for promotion - then ORG might be able to sell some of the pension fund's holdings for a moderate profit. Due to the layers of ownership, this would just be a change of investment in a parent organisation, not a sale of the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New owners on 09:02 - Apr 26 with 2090 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe the Club should give each retired public servant of Arizona a few complimentary match day tickets every season...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

New owners on 09:06 - Apr 26 with 2070 viewsPJH

New owners on 08:45 - Apr 26 by Guthrum

You say that, but if we were to improve our position a bit - say to in the Champ and pushing for promotion - then ORG might be able to sell some of the pension fund's holdings for a moderate profit. Due to the layers of ownership, this would just be a change of investment in a parent organisation, not a sale of the club.

I thought the idea was to sell the club anyway at some point but the some point would depend on the success or otherwise of the club. Sell at a profit if successful or try and cut their losses if not successful.
New owners on 09:12 - Apr 26 with 2058 viewsElephantintheRoom

I wouldnt be so sure. You don't know what was actually paid, nor what was agreed. We don't even know what business plan, if any has been formulated. If you look back over the Evans era he gutted the club at every level, so costs are pretty much controlled - and a building site removed from the academy. Once that is built on - and the fence removed it makes expansion a case of when, not if.. Also valuable players turn up by serendipity - Wickham, Rhodes and Mings spring to mind - and the occasional schoolkid can be flogged off if showing promiose. So selling players can possibly pay the bills and even make money - at least in a powerpoint presentation given by people who know nothing about Ipswich or English football to people who know nothing about football, or England, full stop. Also you might be quite syurprised where your pension fund is invested, if you dont invest it yourself - its why most of them have terrible returns - and high charges

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

New owners on 09:22 - Apr 26 with 1983 viewsGuthrum

New owners on 09:06 - Apr 26 by PJH

I thought the idea was to sell the club anyway at some point but the some point would depend on the success or otherwise of the club. Sell at a profit if successful or try and cut their losses if not successful.

Indeed. But from the point of view of the pension company, it doesn't need to be all or nothing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New owners on 09:24 - Apr 26 with 1963 viewsWD19

Its a win-win for Town fans until the point they choose to sell. In order to maximise their return (whether that be profit or not) they wont be able to afford any scruples as to who they sell to.
New owners on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 1935 viewstrncbluearmy

New owners on 09:12 - Apr 26 by ElephantintheRoom

I wouldnt be so sure. You don't know what was actually paid, nor what was agreed. We don't even know what business plan, if any has been formulated. If you look back over the Evans era he gutted the club at every level, so costs are pretty much controlled - and a building site removed from the academy. Once that is built on - and the fence removed it makes expansion a case of when, not if.. Also valuable players turn up by serendipity - Wickham, Rhodes and Mings spring to mind - and the occasional schoolkid can be flogged off if showing promiose. So selling players can possibly pay the bills and even make money - at least in a powerpoint presentation given by people who know nothing about Ipswich or English football to people who know nothing about football, or England, full stop. Also you might be quite syurprised where your pension fund is invested, if you dont invest it yourself - its why most of them have terrible returns - and high charges

"its why most of them have terrible returns - and high charges"

that statement puts into context the rest of your ramblings, you have not got a clue what you are talking about. This kind of uninformed rubbish puts people of doing something that can give them financial freedom later in life

If I could be bothered I could point you in the direction of dozens of open and closed funds, etf`s, vct`s etc that make fantastic returns over extremely long periods.

On the other point made by other posters ITFC would be considered high risk, but so would bitcoin,private equity and exposure to emerging markets etc but these will only form a small part of any investment.

For example £100k investment with £5k high risk, if it fails no great negative on the overall fund but if it works then a large enough exposure to make a good return.

Check out something like Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust low charges, fantastic long term returns a mix of all kinds of underlying invesments and may well part of a pension fund, it`s certainly a main component in mine.
New owners on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 1916 viewslongtimefan

New owners on 08:44 - Apr 26 by itfcjoe

It's just a small speculative investment as part of a gigantic investment fund - if they can invest £200m and turn us in to Leicester we will be worth 3 times that.

If they invest £200m and we get stuck in the Championship we'll be worth £60-80m and they'll take the loss

Genuine question as I don’t know the ins and outs of this deal, but whose balance sheet would any loss be attributed to? ITFC or the owner’s companies?
New owners on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 1895 viewsElephantintheRoom

New owners on 09:24 - Apr 26 by WD19

Its a win-win for Town fans until the point they choose to sell. In order to maximise their return (whether that be profit or not) they wont be able to afford any scruples as to who they sell to.

It's more likely a lose-lose?

Evans was allegedly a supporter and allegedly a successful businessman with a modicum of interest in UK and international sport. If a 'consumate businessman' makes a complete pig's ear of running a small town football club on a downward spiral, what are the prospects for a band of US chancers with no money and fingers in many footballing pies, none of which are doing particularly well at present?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

New owners on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1812 viewsitfcjoe

New owners on 09:31 - Apr 26 by longtimefan

Genuine question as I don’t know the ins and outs of this deal, but whose balance sheet would any loss be attributed to? ITFC or the owner’s companies?

No idea, but sounds as though club will be funded by equity released opposed to loans as it has been previously

New owners on 09:49 - Apr 26 with 1801 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

New owners on 09:12 - Apr 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Your comments regarding pensions shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

My PensionBee is up 19.72% over the past 12months and the fees are minimal
New owners on 09:49 - Apr 26 with 1803 viewsitfcjoe

New owners on 09:34 - Apr 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Evans was allegedly a supporter and allegedly a successful businessman with a modicum of interest in UK and international sport. If a 'consumate businessman' makes a complete pig's ear of running a small town football club on a downward spiral, what are the prospects for a band of US chancers with no money and fingers in many footballing pies, none of which are doing particularly well at present?

Well they've already appointed someone to a key role who has more than just a 'modicum of interest in UK sport' which was alwasy Evans key failing.

He wanted to be the CEO, but tried to do it on a part time basis - it doesn't work like that

New owners on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 1776 viewsIpswichKnight

1) they have installed 2 people who know more about football and running clubs than Evans ever did

2) Helsingor are heading towards the play offs for Danish premier league and Phoenix are on the shortlist for next franchise for MLS I don’t call those failures, you might but suspect you’ll be in a very small minority if you do.

3) they might fail but so far they’ve shown more football acumen in 3 weeks than Evans in 13 years.
New owners on 13:35 - Apr 26 with 1483 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s one way of looking at it. A rather juvenile and dimwitted way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New owners on 14:02 - Apr 26 with 1383 viewschrismakin

The way I look at it is with the owner of the club being gamechanger and not ORG it opens up the possibilities for further investment into gamechanger itself depending on the success of the club.
So really if ORG fail. They'd look for another investor into gamechanger. If we succeed they can even sell small pieces of org shares if they wanted to to another investor who wants to get involved.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

New owners on 14:06 - Apr 26 with 1363 viewschrismakin

Not doing well? Have you even looked at the phoenix story. It's incredible what they've done in such a short space of time.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

New owners on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 1341 viewshaynes_toe1

Worth remembering these new owners won't care whatsoever who the next owners will be, it'll purely be based on the best financial result for them, not the club.

There's a chance they could get us promoted to the championship with some younger talent in the squad and sell immediately to the highest bidder. Not necessarily good news for us but an opportunity for the fund to make a bit of money.
New owners on 14:20 - Apr 26 with 1335 viewsGeoffSentence

They intend to make a return by savings on tax.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

New owners on 14:21 - Apr 26 with 1330 viewsjayessess

New owners on 14:18 - Apr 26 by haynes_toe1

Worth remembering these new owners won't care whatsoever who the next owners will be, it'll purely be based on the best financial result for them, not the club.

There's a chance they could get us promoted to the championship with some younger talent in the squad and sell immediately to the highest bidder. Not necessarily good news for us but an opportunity for the fund to make a bit of money.

Can't imagine that'd turn them much of a profit.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

New owners on 14:30 - Apr 26 with 1303 viewschrismakin

New owners on 14:18 - Apr 26 by haynes_toe1

I dont think it's going to be short term or just be about the football club.

We have people involved who love development. Housing. Areas. The works.

I have a feeling we could see some of ipswich being developed on in the future.

New owners on 14:31 - Apr 26 with 1288 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

New owners on 14:30 - Apr 26 by chrismakin

I dont think it's going to be short term or just be about the football club.

We have people involved who love development. Housing. Areas. The works.

I have a feeling we could see some of ipswich being developed on in the future.

By jove it needs it. The town centre is an absolute toilet of a place it really is.

You would love to see hotels and restaurants around the PR area but in truth, who would want to visit there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024