Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. 09:49 - Apr 26 with 2151 viewsCoco

Looks really good but is the start of that season so no Stewie! Bring all the memories back though. Anyone know of any other good databases to use?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:51 - Apr 26 with 1979 viewssaffers12

would love still to be able to play 95/96 manager but think it ran off MSdos, so cant get it to work, such a simple but great game
Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:54 - Apr 26 with 1960 viewsStokieBlue

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:51 - Apr 26 by saffers12

would love still to be able to play 95/96 manager but think it ran off MSdos, so cant get it to work, such a simple but great game

You can use something like DosBox to emulate Dos and then run it from the command line within the emulation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:54 - Apr 26 with 1953 viewsCoco

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:51 - Apr 26 by saffers12

you can some of the old games such as:

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2018/04/download-championship-manager-2001-2

but in truth found them just to basic these days and get bored pretty quickly. So, the new engine but with old database seems to do the trick.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:57 - Apr 26 with 1930 viewssaffers12

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 09:54 - Apr 26 by StokieBlue

You can use something like DosBox to emulate Dos and then run it from the command line within the emulation.

SB

thanks I will have a look into this!
Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:04 - Apr 26 with 1899 viewsHerbivore

Championship Manager 01/02 has never been bettered.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 1885 viewsPinewoodblue

Was that the year there was a bug which stopped you managing Ipswich? They posted out a floppy with a correction.

Had an interesting chat with company, they reckoned, apart from Ipswich fans, that the next highest number of requests were from Scummers.

I’m pretty sure I have 2010/11/12/13/14 still on Steam.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:20 - Apr 26 with 1859 viewsJ4m1e

There's an 01/02 database available for FM2021.

There's also a couple of later season databases available for FM2020.

I found them on the FMScout website.
Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 1829 viewsclive_baker

I used to play Ultimate Soccer Manager back in the day, does anyone remember that? I think 1994 was the first one I had, although I imagine it was a couple of seasons old then as I was only 7 in 1994. Just googling the images makes me nostalgic.

My friend told me about a cheat where you offer your coach outrageous wages, then as soon as he accepts you offer him a new deal, and he wants -£50m per week. I had a whole team of coaches paying me millions a week.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:32 - Apr 26 with 1805 viewsbelgablue

You can download 01/02 - that season for me is the pinnacle of champ man.

Can download on Mac as well but a bit more fidly.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:40 - Apr 26 with 1777 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:04 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Championship Manager 01/02 has never been bettered.

It was bettered 4 years before it came out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager:_Season_97/98
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 10:40]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:44 - Apr 26 with 1756 viewsDanTheMan

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:27 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

I used to play Ultimate Soccer Manager back in the day, does anyone remember that? I think 1994 was the first one I had, although I imagine it was a couple of seasons old then as I was only 7 in 1994. Just googling the images makes me nostalgic.

My friend told me about a cheat where you offer your coach outrageous wages, then as soon as he accepts you offer him a new deal, and he wants -£50m per week. I had a whole team of coaches paying me millions a week.

Heh, assume that was an integer overflow issue. I can probably guess why that happened.

By putting up the wages extra high, when you went into the contract negotiation it was probably programmed to ask for x% more of the contract they are currently on.

Because the number they were one was so large, it "overflowed". Think of how a car milometer would go from 999,999 to 0 if you managed to drive that far. Except in this case because it could do negative values it went to the bottom negative value it could represent.

And so ends todays programming lesson.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:45 - Apr 26 with 1750 viewsStokieBlue

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:27 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

Soccer Boss on the Spectrum was great and looking at this screenshot very much a product of the 80's.

SB

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:50 - Apr 26 with 1737 viewsHerbivore

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:40 - Apr 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It was bettered 4 years before it came out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager:_Season_97/98
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 10:40]

Respectfully disagree. 01/02 had a few new little touches that elevated it above its predecessors.

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 12:17 - Apr 26 with 1639 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:32 - Apr 26 by belgablue

You can download 01/02 - that season for me is the pinnacle of champ man.

Can download on Mac as well but a bit more fidly.

Is that in the old format / menu etc?

Where do you download?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 18:34 - Apr 26 with 1467 viewsBaltachaFanClub

There are old game websites, I think Kizoa has Champ 93, and abandonia has some too

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 18:53 - Apr 26 with 1451 viewsDanTheMan

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 12:17 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Where do you download?

https://www.fmscout.com/a-championship-manager-0102-free-download.html

Running it can be a bit fiddly but I've had it working on Windows 10.

Somewhat more amazingly is that people are still creating updates for it to this day:
https://champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2865

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 18:53 - Apr 26 with 1452 viewsHerbivore

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 12:17 - Apr 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Where do you download?

Just Google Championship Manager 01/02 free download and you'll find it easily enough. It's exactly the same as the original, you can download databases with current teams and players if you wish but I quite like signing To Madeira up front and taking a side from the 4th division to the Champion's League in four seasons.

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 19:23 - Apr 26 with 1425 viewsbelgablue

Where do you download?

There are a few links on google that walk you through the whole process - yes is the version as if you bought the CD back in the day. Got through a few seasons last year. Brought back memories of avoiding writing my dissertation.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 14:06 - Apr 27 with 1211 viewsStokieBlue

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 18:53 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Just Google Championship Manager 01/02 free download and you'll find it easily enough. It's exactly the same as the original, you can download databases with current teams and players if you wish but I quite like signing To Madeira up front and taking a side from the 4th division to the Champion's League in four seasons.

Good call.

Downloaded and giving it a whirl. Nice to be able to turn all the full database and full background calculation and see it race through everything. Having an SSD and lots of RAM is a massive difference what what it used to be like.

SB

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 14:20 - Apr 27 with 1196 viewsHerbivore

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 14:06 - Apr 27 by StokieBlue

Good call.

Downloaded and giving it a whirl. Nice to be able to turn all the full database and full background calculation and see it race through everything. Having an SSD and lots of RAM is a massive difference what what it used to be like.

SB

You can whip through a season remarkably quickly using a modern computer. It's fantastic.

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 14:40 - Apr 27 with 1166 viewsLankHenners

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:44 - Apr 26 by DanTheMan

Heh, assume that was an integer overflow issue. I can probably guess why that happened.

By putting up the wages extra high, when you went into the contract negotiation it was probably programmed to ask for x% more of the contract they are currently on.

Because the number they were one was so large, it "overflowed". Think of how a car milometer would go from 999,999 to 0 if you managed to drive that far. Except in this case because it could do negative values it went to the bottom negative value it could represent.

And so ends todays programming lesson.

Iirc there was a similar glitch on one of the Civ games - Ghandi would start with a 99 peace rating and after a year every base stat would increase by one, but the game was only programmed for 2 digits so after that in game year had passed his rating went back to 0 making him the most aggressive and violent dictator in the game and he’d start trying to nuke you.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 15:00 - Apr 27 with 1141 viewsgordon

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 10:45 - Apr 26 by StokieBlue

Soccer Boss on the Spectrum was great and looking at this screenshot very much a product of the 80's.

SB

Premier Manager was great too, although some of that Wycombe Wanderers squad were a little over-rated!

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 15:06 - Apr 27 with 1134 viewsDanTheMan

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 14:40 - Apr 27 by LankHenners

Iirc there was a similar glitch on one of the Civ games - Ghandi would start with a 99 peace rating and after a year every base stat would increase by one, but the game was only programmed for 2 digits so after that in game year had passed his rating went back to 0 making him the most aggressive and violent dictator in the game and he’d start trying to nuke you.

Funnily enough, that's actually an urban myth.

https://www.thegamer.com/nuclear-gandhi-meme-civilization/

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 15:22 - Apr 27 with 1117 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 15:00 - Apr 27 by gordon

Premier Manager was great too, although some of that Wycombe Wanderers squad were a little over-rated!

Always used to love that when your 99 rated player retired to run a pub, aged 27

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 17:58 - Apr 27 with 1028 viewsLankHenners

Still playing FM20 but just discovered a retro 99/00 database. on 15:06 - Apr 27 by DanTheMan

Funnily enough, that's actually an urban myth.

https://www.thegamer.com/nuclear-gandhi-meme-civilization/

Ah, I don’t remember correctly then!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024