Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Hall of Fame 11:44 - Apr 26 with 1049 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Shearer and Henry first inductees........
.....usual stuff ignoring pre 1992 "re-brand"

Got me thinking though, which of our great team would get in to a proper top flight Hall of Fame
Mills - Ipswich/England Captain
Cooper - Penalty Saves
Butcher - maybe not as post Ipswich career was in Scotland
Wark - possibly

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 1024 viewschicoazul

Pretty much all of them

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:48 - Apr 26 with 997 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

For my money, Henry was the greatest player to have played in the premier league. The man was on fire.

Of our players, it has to be Wark. No other Town player comes close to him.
Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:49 - Apr 26 with 991 viewsSimonds92

How can you have players pre 1992 in the Premier League hall of fame?
Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:57 - Apr 26 with 953 viewsTieDyedIn95

Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:49 - Apr 26 by Simonds92

How can you have players pre 1992 in the Premier League hall of fame?

You can't. There already is an English Football Hall of Fame - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1208522812900060 which where the people above apply for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Football_Hall_of_Fame

The only two people from Ipswich who might get near the Premier League Hall of Fame are George Burley for his 2000/01 efforts and Marcus Stewart for his goals with Ipswich and Sunderland. The reality is we only ever played 5 seasons in the rebranded top league, of which 4 were pretty horrendous for large parts so we can hardly grumble about being left out of it.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:05 - Apr 26 with 926 viewsMattinLondon

Sorry for being dim - but what exactly is a Hall of Frame? A bit like Bitcoin, I’ve never understand what it is.
Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:10 - Apr 26 with 901 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The first Ipswich player to be inducted to the Premier League Hall of Fame will be Didier Drogba.

And very well deserved it will be, too.

Actually, I'm joking. I hate the idea of the Premier League Hall of Fame, partly because it disregards anything pre-Sky, partly because it duplicates and replaces the National Football Museum, but mostly because, you just know that one day Robbie fcking Savage will be inducted into it, so it makes sense to just start hating it now.
Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:11 - Apr 26 with 900 viewsTractorCam

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:05 - Apr 26 by MattinLondon

Sorry for being dim - but what exactly is a Hall of Frame? A bit like Bitcoin, I’ve never understand what it is.

Just people who are considered the best amongst whatever it is. They'll just slowly announce players forever, surprised Sir Alex isn't included in the first announcement.

John Wark was 'before my time' but if there was a top division one, he would 100% be in it the amount of games he played for us and Liverpool.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:11 - Apr 26 with 899 viewsWD19

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:05 - Apr 26 by MattinLondon

Its on Clacton pier. You get a likeness moulded out of fibreglass.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:15 - Apr 26 with 884 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, it makes sense for the Premier League hall of fame to ignore players who played before the Premier League existed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 850 viewsmonty_radio

Sadly probably none of them unless the criteria include playing for a small club punching above its weight. If pre '92 were included maybe Ray Crawford as his goals did actually propel us to the league title.

If managers were included then Sir Bobby ought to be included under the frequently punching above weight category.

Others nearby will be hoping for a contenders' mention.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Premier League Hall of Fame on 12:23 - Apr 26 with 828 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Premier League Hall of Fame on 11:48 - Apr 26 by BlueBlueBluex2

For my money, Henry was the greatest player to have played in the premier league. The man was on fire.

Of our players, it has to be Wark. No other Town player comes close to him.

I remember walking down the main street in Camden in 2002 around 5.45 on a Saturday afternoon. Who did I see...Thierry Henry and his then wife walking arm in arm. This would have been less than an hour after Arsenal had played at Highbury.

I said hello Thierry and he stopped for a quick chat. Nice guy, big smile etc. This was when he was one of the best five players in the world. Can you imagine this happening today to a superstar?

I also saw Gilberto Silva driving up the Caledonian Road in his convertible around this time. Smiling and waving to anyone who recognised him. A man who had just won the World Cup. Totally different era but not really very long ago. Social media has changed life for the worse unfortunately.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024