Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F.A.O Phil 21:49 - Apr 26 with 4669 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Any news on season ticket compensation and new season tickets and renewals?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

F.A.O Phil on 21:52 - Apr 26 with 3885 viewshadleighboyblue

It must be soon , new direct debits start in May .

I think I heard on Radio Suffolk this morning that compensation for this season would be announced on Friday
F.A.O Phil on 21:54 - Apr 26 with 3860 viewsSitfcB

All will be released before 3pm Friday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

F.A.O Phil on 10:55 - Apr 27 with 3455 viewstextbackup

compensation....

many fans renewed stating "i'm renewing because the club need all the help they can get right now"

so they were willing to give them money then, knowing full well they probably wouldn't get to a game, but now want compensation.

I just don't understand that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

F.A.O Phil on 11:08 - Apr 27 with 3413 viewsSouperJim

F.A.O Phil on 10:55 - Apr 27 by textbackup

compensation....

many fans renewed stating "i'm renewing because the club need all the help they can get right now"

so they were willing to give them money then, knowing full well they probably wouldn't get to a game, but now want compensation.

I just don't understand that.

I think it's about give and take to be fair, I don't *want* compensation, but I think it would be good for the club to throw us a bone, given what we've been through.

You could argue it's not the new owners place to make up for what has come before, but I get the feeling they will be quite generous on season tickets to create a bit of goodwill moving forwards. Wouldn't put it past them to even give a free season to everyone who stuck with it this year.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

F.A.O Phil on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 3369 viewsPhilTWTD

Will be this week.
F.A.O Phil on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 3342 viewsSteve_M

F.A.O Phil on 11:08 - Apr 27 by SouperJim

I think it's about give and take to be fair, I don't *want* compensation, but I think it would be good for the club to throw us a bone, given what we've been through.

You could argue it's not the new owners place to make up for what has come before, but I get the feeling they will be quite generous on season tickets to create a bit of goodwill moving forwards. Wouldn't put it past them to even give a free season to everyone who stuck with it this year.

Indeed, the total iFollow cost for 23 matches paid for individually would be £230 which contrasts with the cost of a season ticket for the same 'benefit' this year so there is a need for some form of offer to fans.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

F.A.O Phil on 11:40 - Apr 27 with 3271 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 11:23 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Indeed, the total iFollow cost for 23 matches paid for individually would be £230 which contrasts with the cost of a season ticket for the same 'benefit' this year so there is a need for some form of offer to fans.

but if you have 4 season tickets and only use one IFollow pass then surely that's only £230 to take into account and not £920?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

F.A.O Phil on 12:08 - Apr 27 with 3190 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

F.A.O Phil on 11:23 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Anyone who was daft enough to keep paying for a season ticket should not be really expecting any form of compensation.

If however they do want something for nothing, a free town shirt should be the prize.
Login to get fewer ads

F.A.O Phil on 12:08 - Apr 27 with 3191 viewsGiant_Midget

I fully expect there are people who will have cancelled their ST mid season, who'll expect to be compensated and will expect to pay the renewal price for the ST.
F.A.O Phil on 12:12 - Apr 27 with 3163 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 12:08 - Apr 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

Anyone who was daft enough to keep paying for a season ticket should not be really expecting any form of compensation.

If however they do want something for nothing, a free town shirt should be the prize.

Is that truly what you think

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

F.A.O Phil on 12:37 - Apr 27 with 3067 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

F.A.O Phil on 12:12 - Apr 27 by itfcpaul

Is that truly what you think

It is.

I can't understand the thought process behind it. It was clear that the season would be missed pretty early on, so the only reasoning I can think of is those people who want to ensure that they still have the exact same seat.

For those who do not really give a toss about where they sit, then it make more sense to cancel and then renew at the seasons end?
F.A.O Phil on 13:03 - Apr 27 with 2988 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

F.A.O Phil on 12:37 - Apr 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

It is.

I can't understand the thought process behind it. It was clear that the season would be missed pretty early on, so the only reasoning I can think of is those people who want to ensure that they still have the exact same seat.

For those who do not really give a toss about where they sit, then it make more sense to cancel and then renew at the seasons end?

Or alternatively people just wanted to support their football club during a global pandemic.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

F.A.O Phil on 13:05 - Apr 27 with 2977 viewstextbackup

F.A.O Phil on 13:03 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or alternatively people just wanted to support their football club during a global pandemic.

but now want to take that money back?
so they've not helped the club.

F.A.O Phil on 13:10 - Apr 27 with 2959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

F.A.O Phil on 13:05 - Apr 27 by textbackup

I'm not sure all the money's coming back is it? Otherwise it would be called "refund" rather than "compensation."

Also, cashflow continuing to come in in the short term has helped the club, I'm sure.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

F.A.O Phil on 13:15 - Apr 27 with 2925 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 12:37 - Apr 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

It is.

and for those who do need to be where they are say for disability reasons????????????????

F.A.O Phil on 13:22 - Apr 27 with 2870 viewstrncbluearmy

continued paying to support my club, have many friends who also did,
don`t want money back thank you
F.A.O Phil on 13:26 - Apr 27 with 2845 viewstextbackup

F.A.O Phil on 13:10 - Apr 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not sure all the money's coming back is it? Otherwise it would be called "refund" rather than "compensation."

Also, cashflow continuing to come in in the short term has helped the club, I'm sure.

all the money shouldn't come back, take a NSL ST, what 360?
23 x £10 - 230 for ifollow.... so they love the club that much that they don't want to forgo the 130 remaining?

F.A.O Phil on 13:28 - Apr 27 with 2832 viewstextbackup

F.A.O Phil on 13:22 - Apr 27 by trncbluearmy

continued paying to support my club, have many friends who also did,
don`t want money back thank you

and fair play to you for that. you aren't who i'm aiming my questions at

F.A.O Phil on 13:29 - Apr 27 with 2825 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 13:26 - Apr 27 by textbackup

all the money shouldn't come back, take a NSL ST, what 360?
23 x £10 - 230 for ifollow.... so they love the club that much that they don't want to forgo the 130 remaining?

What about the scenario where seats have been kept due to disability need, in our instance we have 4 season tickets, but only used one IFollow for each game, any idea what would be reasonable in this instance?

F.A.O Phil on 13:40 - Apr 27 with 2752 viewsjonbull88

I renewed to be at the front of the queue to get back in, something we all anticipated would be this season. This hasn’t been the case and as has been said in this thread ifollow for non season ticket holders has been £10 a game, where as mine has worked out at £15/game. So for me based on the ifollow alone would hope for at least £5/game off next season ticket.
F.A.O Phil on 13:45 - Apr 27 with 2742 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 13:40 - Apr 27 by jonbull88

I renewed to be at the front of the queue to get back in, something we all anticipated would be this season. This hasn’t been the case and as has been said in this thread ifollow for non season ticket holders has been £10 a game, where as mine has worked out at £15/game. So for me based on the ifollow alone would hope for at least £5/game off next season ticket.

would make sense and in our situation we only used one code for watching the game and have 4 season tickets, so not sure what would be reasonable

F.A.O Phil on 13:53 - Apr 27 with 2706 viewstextbackup

F.A.O Phil on 13:29 - Apr 27 by itfcpaul

What about the scenario where seats have been kept due to disability need, in our instance we have 4 season tickets, but only used one IFollow for each game, any idea what would be reasonable in this instance?

sorry mate im unsure what a "disability need" is? you mean you are in the disabled section? if so aren't they cheaper seats?

F.A.O Phil on 13:57 - Apr 27 with 2679 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 13:53 - Apr 27 by textbackup

sorry mate im unsure what a "disability need" is? you mean you are in the disabled section? if so aren't they cheaper seats?

Just about sum up how you can make a suggestion like that is you do not understand what a disability need is,

I am not your mate and never will be

Secondly no I am not, we sit in one of the most expensive areas in the ground due to a disability need of my wife, it means she needs something where we sit to help her support the team without her disability making it extremely hard to do, no specifics, of course, but hopefully that explains it now

F.A.O Phil on 13:59 - Apr 27 with 2662 viewsozzy_itfc

F.A.O Phil on 11:40 - Apr 27 by itfcpaul

but if you have 4 season tickets and only use one IFollow pass then surely that's only £230 to take into account and not £920?

nonsense argument.

if 4 people watched the game on your ifollow code its irrelevant if 4 codes were used or one.

I think in reality not many people will be after refunds or even vouchers, most people would be happy with transferring the ticket to next season when we can hopefully all return. They will probably buy shirts, food at the ground etc with the extra not being spent out each month. win - win for the club
F.A.O Phil on 14:01 - Apr 27 with 2643 viewsitfcpaul

F.A.O Phil on 13:59 - Apr 27 by ozzy_itfc

nonsense argument.

if 4 people watched the game on your ifollow code its irrelevant if 4 codes were used or one.

I think in reality not many people will be after refunds or even vouchers, most people would be happy with transferring the ticket to next season when we can hopefully all return. They will probably buy shirts, food at the ground etc with the extra not being spent out each month. win - win for the club

it was a question

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024