Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. 02:49 - Apr 27 with 5566 viewseddiespearitt03

Can anyone explain how someone can only get 3 years 10 months for the death of Richard Day ? How can a 17yr old Andrea Cristea punch someone, then kick him on ground 3 times and return to go through his pockets get such a light sentence ? Was seen laughing as Richard lay unconscious. He had previous convictions for robbery, burglary, shop lifting and assault. Yet, he will probably only do half the sentence before being released on licence.
Two others were discharged. Another who had kicked Richard whilst he lay unconscious got a 10 month youth rehab order and 3 month curfew.

Richard worked at Power Networks in control room and helped out previously at "CAMRA" beer festivals. Richard would never engage in a confrontation. He was simply waking home after watching a music band. Rest in Peace .
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 03:32 - Apr 27 with 4457 viewsIllinoisblue

Less than two years for killing someone is beyond outrageous. I see the report suggested the victim initiated the confrontation; even if, even if that were true... how is the sentencing so light? Disgraceful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 04:59 - Apr 27 with 4388 viewsHARRY10

Full report

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/crime/andrea-cristea-locked-up-for-killing-ri
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:24 - Apr 27 with 4113 viewsTractorWood

Seems unduly lenient. Hope they appeal.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:45 - Apr 27 with 4075 viewsHighgateBlue

This was of course a tragic case. I don't want to list the reasons why the sentence may have been towards the lower end of of what legally permissible, because I don't want that to be interpreted as trivialising the offence. The fact that the offender was not yet an adult would have been one factor, though. If you are after answers, below is a link to the Sentencing Council guidelines on manslaughter:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Manslaughter-definitive-
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 09:30 - Apr 27 with 3858 viewsSwansea_Blue

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:45 - Apr 27 by HighgateBlue

This was of course a tragic case. I don't want to list the reasons why the sentence may have been towards the lower end of of what legally permissible, because I don't want that to be interpreted as trivialising the offence. The fact that the offender was not yet an adult would have been one factor, though. If you are after answers, below is a link to the Sentencing Council guidelines on manslaughter:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Manslaughter-definitive-

So right at the bottom end of the sentencing guidelines for most of those various definitions. I'd be livid if I was Richard's family. It doesn't feel like justice has in any way been done, although obviously the actual sentence is only part of the rehabilitation process.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 09:32 - Apr 27 with 3847 viewsTieDyedIn95

Remember when the Tories said they'd be tough on crime? Well they lied to you about that. They spent years blaming the EU and human rights, but it wasn't that either, it's because they are a rubbish Government that is really soft on crime.

I didn't know Richard but know the family, absolutely disgraceful that this was allowed to happen in Ipswich and the sentence ... well shows you how much our legal system values our lives and safety. Maybe we should write to Tom Hunt demanding he take this up with the Home Secretary and ask why he thinks this sentence is acceptable?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:07 - Apr 27 with 3725 viewsCBBlue

That's a shocking sentence, I really hope it can be appealed.

I see he claimed self defence, I assume kicking an unconscious man and returning twice to his body to go through his pockets was also done in self defence. Disgusting human being.

Condolences to Richard's friends and family.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:14 - Apr 27 with 3690 viewsclive_baker

I didn't know the guy but I remember hearing and reading about it, just an utterly shocking attack. All too common in this country unfortunately, but hits a little harder when it's in your home town. As you say the sentence seems like a complete insult.

Thoughts are with his family.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:18 - Apr 27 with 3668 viewsBlueBadger

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 03:32 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

Less than two years for killing someone is beyond outrageous. I see the report suggested the victim initiated the confrontation; even if, even if that were true... how is the sentencing so light? Disgraceful.

Hey, the government have killed millions over the past decade through combination of incompetence and deliberately sociopathic policies, and they keep get voted back in!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:48 - Apr 27 with 3595 viewsDebsyAngel

Seething about this pathetic sentence. He will be out in less than his sentence too, you see. While Richard's family and friends have a lifetime of sadness.

The "justice" system in this country is beyond a joke.
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:04 - Apr 27 with 3549 viewsmonytowbray

You’ll get longer than that if you oppose Tory/Corporate rule and the court can prove you’ve been “annoying” via protest soon.

What a nation we are.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:08]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:12 - Apr 27 with 3506 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:18 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Hey, the government have killed millions over the past decade through combination of incompetence and deliberately sociopathic policies, and they keep get voted back in!

It must be horrible being you Blue Badger. You could not let it rest, even on this thread about some poor chap losing his life in such a horrible way.
Whether your comment is right or wrong of course is irrelevant, but it 100% is irreverent.
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:14 - Apr 27 with 3497 viewsmonytowbray

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:12 - Apr 27 by Timefliesbyintheblue

It must be horrible being you Blue Badger. You could not let it rest, even on this thread about some poor chap losing his life in such a horrible way.
Whether your comment is right or wrong of course is irrelevant, but it 100% is irreverent.

Everything is political. EVERYTHING.

I’ll think it would be you using someone’s death to swerve actually.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:17 - Apr 27 with 3486 viewseireblue

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:12 - Apr 27 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Was the thread about the tragic death, or the light sentence?
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:40 - Apr 27 with 3422 viewsIllinoisblue

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:18 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Millions?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:46 - Apr 27 with 3412 viewsfactual_blue

Whilst not condoning the offence or the sentence, the sentencing guidelines will take account of his age, the guilty plea and things like the level of culpability; he was killed by one punch, so that would tend to put it towards the lower end.

I'm not an expert in this stuff, merely trying to offer an explanation, not an excuse.

I would think the explanation of sentencing guidelines would include making sure there's somewhere to go in sentencing terms for even more serious offences, the general policy of reducing the amount of people in prison (it's very high in the UK and costs a lot) and no doubt other factors as well.

Google 'UK sentencing guidelines' for more.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 13:42 - Apr 27 with 3199 viewsBlueBadger

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 11:40 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

Millions?

Via austerity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 13:43 - Apr 27 with 3199 viewsBlueBadger

Hey, I though we were talking about people let off horrible crimes here, so.....

Also:

Apart from any of the other scandals, if Boris really said by BlueBadger 27 Apr 2021 10:11
So, what is it about the incompetent, openly bigoted and corrupt Boris Johnson that appeals to you?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 14:08 - Apr 27 with 3146 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure that the lenient sentence is the most shocking thing here.

Take this on board

Mary Prior QC, mitigating, said the boy had since been assessed as having an IQ of 66, a learning disability and conduct disorder — none of which were known to education authorities, social services or the youth offending team at the time.

Seems this lad had been in trouble numerous times yet theses things had not previously been assessed. Surely something is wrong with system.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 14:14 - Apr 27 with 3127 viewsMJallday

It will go to Home sec on appeal

Mind you she’s useless so she will probably let him go home with a nice present

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 3097 viewsmadmouse1959

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 03:32 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

There is just no way Richard would initiate any argument or conflict or even bump into someone what so ever. He was just not that kind of guy. He was basically set upon and yet somehow the courts have included some kind of mitigation that suggested he "was a little worse for wear". He had walked all the way from a music event at Duke Street without any problem until he had reached Westgate St. He was just an easy target because he was by himself. To include the excuse from these criminals is an insult. To put this crime in the lowest category D is also a poor outcome. Especially after they had kicked him on the floor and attempted to go through his pockets.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 14:27]

shampoo dave

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 15:06 - Apr 27 with 3019 viewsHARRY10

"I put it to m'lud, in mitigation of my clients violent rape conviction, that the woman (victim) was 'worse for wear' and so was partly to blame

or as we used to be able to refer to it as 'she was asking for it'
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 15:11 - Apr 27 with 3003 viewsjaykay

it must be horrible being you , trying to cause a row with another poster over this poor soul, who lost his life in that way.
also a poster who spends most of his days/ nights looking after people who may have suffered this sort of this horrid attack.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 05:43 - Apr 29 with 2615 viewseddiespearitt03

The MP for Ipswich, Tom Hunt, has also announced his concerns for what has been deemed as a very light sentence.
To suggest Richard had initiated a confrontation with a group of people is simply not true. This was only used as an excuse when finally confessing to the assault..
There had to be more recognition of what happened to Richard and less focus sympathising with the perpetrators.
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:48 - Apr 29 with 2505 viewsLeaky

Probably because the alternative to this government was deemed by the electorate. To appalling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024