Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just tried to book a vaccine 12:19 - Apr 27 with 2009 viewshype313

The 3 nearest to me on offer are Basildon, Harlow and Downham Market.

I'm keen, but not that keen.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:22 - Apr 27 with 1641 viewsWallingford_Boy

Won't your local hospital just text you when they have slots available?

RIP Sir Bobby

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:22 - Apr 27 with 1632 viewshype313

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:22 - Apr 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Won't your local hospital just text you when they have slots available?

Presume so, was just jumping the gun as they announced the next age bracket today.

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:26 - Apr 27 with 1626 viewsDebsyAngel

Don't get me started on this... been trying to book my husband in - we have no car and the "nearest" were 41 miles away at least and get further and further afield. Essex, Norfolk, Kent, London. Absolute lottery of a system. If they are doing it in age order, where are the jabs in Ipswich?? Trinity Park is not closing till June so why not there? Gainsborough? Two Rivers? Ivry Street? Duke Street?

He gets one - but now has to travel to Cambridge BOWLING GREEN next Friday (7th) and will cost him £23 on the train. And his second one? At Duke Street in Ipswich on 23rd July. And he will not be fully protected for 2 weeks isn't it, after the 2nd? So bang goes having family round for a little party for my 50th on 31st July. Missed by ONE WEEK. I feel so angry and gutted he has to travel and what if he picks the virus up whilst travelling??

Best of luck Hype, and hope you can have better luck.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:36 - Apr 27 with 1560 viewshomer_123

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:26 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

Don't get me started on this... been trying to book my husband in - we have no car and the "nearest" were 41 miles away at least and get further and further afield. Essex, Norfolk, Kent, London. Absolute lottery of a system. If they are doing it in age order, where are the jabs in Ipswich?? Trinity Park is not closing till June so why not there? Gainsborough? Two Rivers? Ivry Street? Duke Street?

He gets one - but now has to travel to Cambridge BOWLING GREEN next Friday (7th) and will cost him £23 on the train. And his second one? At Duke Street in Ipswich on 23rd July. And he will not be fully protected for 2 weeks isn't it, after the 2nd? So bang goes having family round for a little party for my 50th on 31st July. Missed by ONE WEEK. I feel so angry and gutted he has to travel and what if he picks the virus up whilst travelling??

It's simply down to two things.

Vaccine supply and whether the centre is focusing on first or second jabs.

Basically if a centre is short of supply, they won't let you book (which is entirely sensible). Also, if they have supply but are focusing on the second jab and not the first, again, if it's the first jab, you can't book.

Also, not all vaccines are available in all centres.

Just keep trying and you'll get a convenient location eventually.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:50 - Apr 27 with 1524 viewsDebsyAngel

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:36 - Apr 27 by homer_123

It's simply down to two things.

Vaccine supply and whether the centre is focusing on first or second jabs.

Basically if a centre is short of supply, they won't let you book (which is entirely sensible). Also, if they have supply but are focusing on the second jab and not the first, again, if it's the first jab, you can't book.

Also, not all vaccines are available in all centres.

Just keep trying and you'll get a convenient location eventually.

It's all booked and the train tickets too, so too late to change now. I just wish we had more centres here to choose. A lot of these places listed are smaller than Ipswich.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewsborge

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:26 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

But after being so desperate to get one, at least you both now have things organised - focus on just how positive that is rather than the negatives. As you say, the timing of the second dose means moving your party by one week - that's not great if you were dead-set on having it on your birthday, but as you have said yourself, it is only one week.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:31 - Apr 27 with 1412 viewsDebsyAngel

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:55 - Apr 27 by borge

But after being so desperate to get one, at least you both now have things organised - focus on just how positive that is rather than the negatives. As you say, the timing of the second dose means moving your party by one week - that's not great if you were dead-set on having it on your birthday, but as you have said yourself, it is only one week.

I guess so - depends if we have a match the following week though. May still go ahead with the party but my husband will have to refrain from hugging people, which I find sad. Will he be protected enough if there will be 5 others indoors? I wish we could be told these little things in the news.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:36 - Apr 27 with 1388 viewsitfcpaul

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:31 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

I guess so - depends if we have a match the following week though. May still go ahead with the party but my husband will have to refrain from hugging people, which I find sad. Will he be protected enough if there will be 5 others indoors? I wish we could be told these little things in the news.

Sorry but why is anyone thinking about hugging people at this stage?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Login to get fewer ads

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:39 - Apr 27 with 1382 viewsitfcpaul

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:31 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

The only time that would be safe is if everything has been dropped regarding social distancing, having the vaccine doesn't stop it transmitting or stop anyone getting seriously ill, just reduces the chances, hugging, with or without the vaccine is probably a long way off

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:40 - Apr 27 with 1375 viewsIpswichKnight

I had this problem when I tried to book online for my jab a few weeks back. I called up instead and instead of having to go nearly 20 miles to Reading got offered a jab less than 5 miles away in Woking and was available pretty much same day too!
Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:57 - Apr 27 with 1337 viewsDebsyAngel

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:36 - Apr 27 by itfcpaul

Sorry but why is anyone thinking about hugging people at this stage?

It's my parents. I am missing them so much and to hug once more, it would mean more than anything. I would not do it right now, in fact I never see them at the moment.

So does this mean never hugging anyone ever again? I cannot live a life like that.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:00 - Apr 27 with 1324 viewsitfcpaul

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:57 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

It's my parents. I am missing them so much and to hug once more, it would mean more than anything. I would not do it right now, in fact I never see them at the moment.

So does this mean never hugging anyone ever again? I cannot live a life like that.

I was just worried that as it is it isn't something that is a sensible thing to do, are we always going to be like this, have no idea, but while the risk is still high, although deaths are low, infections are also low but rising in half of the LA's in the country, it isn't something anyone should do

Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:10 - Apr 27 with 1284 viewsBent_double

I've been trying for a couple of weeks, nothing local at all, nearest is either Lowestoft or Noj, some days nothing at all.

Then yesterday, a couple of council bods knocked on the door asking which adults in the house haven't yet had their 1st jab - me, I said, good, they said, there's a vaccination bus coming to the big carpark down the road Thursday, Friday and Saturday, as long as your registered with a GP, just turn up a queue....so that's what I'll do.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:16 - Apr 27 with 1270 viewsStokieBlue

Got the text this morning, luckily quite a few pharmacies seem to be doing it around here so got it on Thursday and only a 5 minute cycle.

I hope some slots open up closer to you soon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:17 - Apr 27 with 1263 viewshype313

Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:16 - Apr 27 by StokieBlue

Got the text this morning, luckily quite a few pharmacies seem to be doing it around here so got it on Thursday and only a 5 minute cycle.

SB

Cheers, Not overly bothered and happy to wait.

Just tried to book a vaccine (n/t) on 14:17 - Apr 27 with 1264 viewsAlexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:35]
Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:37 - Apr 27 with 1211 viewshype313

Just tried to book a vaccine (n/t) on 14:17 - Apr 27 by Alexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:35]

Sorry, you haven't sold it to me...

Just tried to book a vaccine on 15:18 - Apr 27 with 1144 viewsborge

Just tried to book a vaccine on 13:57 - Apr 27 by DebsyAngel

We will be able to hug people again but maybe it's just sensible not to do it any time soon. The more patient and sensible we can be, the sooner the whole thing ends, so if having the party means you can't hug anyone then surely that is a price worth paying?

Personally, I think that if the majority of people at the party have had at least one dose then your husband will be safe, but that's a decision you/he need/s to make. You could always ask everyone to do a lateral flow test before they come - they are free and very easy to get hold of.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 15:21 - Apr 27 with 1139 viewsborge

Just tried to book a vaccine on 14:16 - Apr 27 by StokieBlue

SB

I booked yesterday morning and the closest available place was Haverhill (I am near Hadleigh). Then got a text later in the day from the Hadleigh Health Centre telling me I could book there. When I booked there it automatically cancelled the Haverhill booking. So I think in many cases it is just a case of booking whatever you can get and then seeing if other slots come along or if your local surgery invites you.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 15:29 - Apr 27 with 1102 viewsDanTheMan

Someone at work (Notts) tried to book one today.

Nearest was Letchworth.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just tried to book a vaccine on 15:31 - Apr 27 with 1095 viewsHARRY10

Just tried to book a vaccine on 12:55 - Apr 27 by borge

As said elsewhere on here it can be a bit 'hit and miss' but that is not down to any wilful intent.

Someone I know via second hand info works at one of these pharmacies and has said that they do not always have full control. Given they can only guess at the amount in that area are 'suitable (age) and then who will book. There is then also the problem of 'no shows'

My suggestion to this person would have been to make the best of things, take a bit of time to explore Cambridge - and maybe look at how things are in India.

And perhaps know that this time next year they will not miss that £23,nor have that that time again so make best use of it.

Otherwise I am sure taking a test(s) in the run up to the 50th should suffice

This time will pass - the important thing is how we conduct ourselves while it is still with us
Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:20 - Apr 27 with 1039 viewsDebsyAngel

Just tried to book a vaccine on 15:18 - Apr 27 by borge

We will be able to hug people again but maybe it's just sensible not to do it any time soon. The more patient and sensible we can be, the sooner the whole thing ends, so if having the party means you can't hug anyone then surely that is a price worth paying?

Personally, I think that if the majority of people at the party have had at least one dose then your husband will be safe, but that's a decision you/he need/s to make. You could always ask everyone to do a lateral flow test before they come - they are free and very easy to get hold of.

All will be doubly vaccinated, and my husband will have been but only for a week.
Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:23 - Apr 27 with 1030 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I had AFC Wimbledon, Southampton or Chester.

Tried again later and got one about 15 miles away.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:24 - Apr 27 with 1029 viewshype313

Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:23 - Apr 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

I had AFC Wimbledon, Southampton or Chester.

Tried again later and got one about 15 miles away.

Sounds like a FA Cup 3rd round draw.

Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:25 - Apr 27 with 1025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just tried to book a vaccine on 16:24 - Apr 27 by hype313

Sounds like a FA Cup 3rd round draw.

That we'd lose.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024