Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freebies 07:39 - Apr 28 with 1652 viewsitfcpaul

Here's a list of the League One free transfers available

Surely even out of the League one freebies we could put together a promotion squad without even looking at the Championship freebies?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-contracts-expiring-7929650

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Freebies on 07:49 - Apr 28 with 1580 viewschrismakin

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign some players with Championship experience, we won't just be looking to purchase to get out of league 1, but to go up and compete in the Championship the following season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Freebies on 07:55 - Apr 28 with 1555 viewsITFC_Jenx

Freebies on 07:49 - Apr 28 by chrismakin

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign some players with Championship experience, we won't just be looking to purchase to get out of league 1, but to go up and compete in the Championship the following season.

From what Phil has implied, it will be a mix of Championship and L1 players.
Freebies on 07:56 - Apr 28 with 1550 viewsitfcpaul

Totally agree, but even if you just look at the list in League One we could get out of it, but like you say adding championship freebies really ought to guarantee this

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Freebies on 07:57 - Apr 28 with 1543 viewsitfcpaul

Freebies on 07:55 - Apr 28 by ITFC_Jenx

From what Phil has implied, it will be a mix of Championship and L1 players.

I am 100% sure it will be, but I guess my point was that even with just the L1 freebies we should get promoted easily but with Championship ones as well, we should walk it, but them again we have heard that before....

Freebies on 07:59 - Apr 28 with 1516 viewschrismakin

Freebies on 07:56 - Apr 28 by itfcpaul

Totally agree, but even if you just look at the list in League One we could get out of it, but like you say adding championship freebies really ought to guarantee this

Yeah there's some nice players there, Lee Evans, Garbutt, Wyke, Leadbitter ;) I'd have him next to Downes all day long.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Freebies on 08:03 - Apr 28 with 1492 viewsitfcpaul

Freebies on 07:59 - Apr 28 by chrismakin

Yeah there's some nice players there, Lee Evans, Garbutt, Wyke, Leadbitter ;) I'd have him next to Downes all day long.

We are surely promoted then.....

Saw that WIndass, who was linked with us, has now been linked with Cardiff and Boro'

Freebies on 08:06 - Apr 28 with 1458 viewschrismakin

Freebies on 08:03 - Apr 28 by itfcpaul

We are surely promoted then.....

Saw that WIndass, who was linked with us, has now been linked with Cardiff and Boro'

Champ clubs due to lack of finances almost certainly be on the hunt for league 1 freebies, I do like the fact we have Ashton to oversee negotiations. If anyone can sell a club it's him

Freebies on 08:08 - Apr 28 with 1458 viewsitfcpaul

Freebies on 08:06 - Apr 28 by chrismakin

Champ clubs due to lack of finances almost certainly be on the hunt for league 1 freebies, I do like the fact we have Ashton to oversee negotiations. If anyone can sell a club it's him

I am hoping so, I like others are sick of this awful league, good for me for next season with what looks like Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday coming down and all the other games up north, but would certainly prefer those longer trips to Championship grounds again instead

Login to get fewer ads

Freebies on 08:12 - Apr 28 with 1444 viewsChurchman

Freebies on 07:59 - Apr 28 by chrismakin

I gather Leadboots is not the player he was from my Sunderland supporting mate. I’d prefer we went for players on the way up, not on the way down if possible.

The long list of Ipswich players is amazing. It’s no way to tun a club. Good thing Evans’ isn’t any more.
Freebies on 08:14 - Apr 28 with 1428 viewschrismakin

Freebies on 08:12 - Apr 28 by Churchman

I gather Leadboots is not the player he was from my Sunderland supporting mate. I’d prefer we went for players on the way up, not on the way down if possible.

The long list of Ipswich players is amazing. It’s no way to tun a club. Good thing Evans’ isn’t any more.

I must admit my liking of leadbitter is purely based on the type of player he is, rather than himself, so agree with your thoughts on that.

I did laugh when I saw Town's list, and 'option' next to all. Even more damning for the players when the options are rejected by the club

Freebies on 08:15 - Apr 28 with 1428 viewsitfcpaul

Just think how many people are looking at this list and admiring the Ipswich players available on a free this summer, they must be forming a queue already..

Freebies on 08:15 - Apr 28 with 1428 viewsDeano69

Would rather we were building a championship squad otherwise we are going to be In This league forever

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Freebies on 08:16 - Apr 28 with 1418 viewsitfcpaul

Freebies on 08:15 - Apr 28 by Deano69

Would rather we were building a championship squad otherwise we are going to be In This league forever

I agree, but surely we can take the best out of L1 and get promoted and do well enough in the Championship if we take the right ones, the likelyhood is we will have Champ players though

Freebies on 08:36 - Apr 28 with 1358 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Nik Tzanev - Wimbledon goalkeeper is the stand out name on that list.
Freebies on 09:01 - Apr 28 with 1311 viewsitfcpaul

Freebies on 08:36 - Apr 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Nik Tzanev - Wimbledon goalkeeper is the stand out name on that list.

Don't know much about him

Freebies on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 1245 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Could bring Ed Upson 'Home' from Bristol City
Freebies on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 1242 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Freebies on 09:26 - Apr 28 by C_Jam_Blue

Could bring Ed Upson 'Home' from Bristol City

*Bristol Rovers!
Freebies on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 1229 viewsBluefish

Start with Chambers and build from there

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Freebies on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 1193 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I think that's the first time I've seen the final list of our out of contract players. So of those starting regularly in recent games we are left with:

Holy
Cornell
KVY
Woolfenden
Downes
Dozzell
Hawkins
Dobra
Kenlock
Norwood

Given the amount of players available this summer, it will be difficult to move any of these on even if we want to. With the rules on squad size that would allow us to bring in 10 - 12 players so we will still see plenty of games from the existing players. Who's getting games? KVY, Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden, cameo's from Norwood off the bench supporting our 20 goal a season striker! Anyone else?
Freebies on 09:44 - Apr 28 with 1170 viewsgreyhound

Don't know if your on twitter but luke penning gives a really good oversight of players available etc. He's a good contributor to the overall community. Made me aware of some good prospects
Freebies on 10:15 - Apr 28 with 1084 viewsSwansea_Blue

So would I.

although I wonder if these owners will look for a couple of marque signings like they did at Phoenix. I'm not sure what I feel about that, as this league is pretty brutal physically and we may struggle to get value out of an older player whatever their quality. But we sorely need quality too.

it's going to be an interesting summer hopefully.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Freebies on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 881 viewsitfcpaul

Garbutt would be a good left/wing back in the PC mode, him and KVY would be amazing, plus his dead ball stuff is streets ahead of Dozzell, but then again mine would be

Freebies on 12:31 - Apr 28 with 838 viewshaynes_toe1

We might sign some players with some championship experience but I think fans are going to be disappointed if their expectation level starts at 'good championship players'. Good championship players are going to be in demand from....championship clubs - many of whom have financial problems and will have to accept lower fee's from the lowly premier league clubs for their stars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024