Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks 08:41 - Apr 28 with 3560 viewshype313

I know he's getting on but it's not so much an issue with Keepers, he still lives locally and I'm sure he would relish re- joining with the new ownership.

Not sure on his contractual situation with Millwall, but it would be a great start to the era if we could secure him.

Holy and Cornell are ok back up's, but neither fill me with great confidence.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 8:41]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:16 - Apr 28 with 3108 viewsKieran_Knows

Absolutely not in my opinion. Fantastic shot stopper, but I can't spend another 2/3 years of him being scared to claim a cross.

Chris Walton from Brighton is my bet.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:21 - Apr 28 with 3074 viewsMillsTash

He left because we went down to L1. Highly doubt he will now return.
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:25 - Apr 28 with 3049 viewsMrTown

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:16 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely not in my opinion. Fantastic shot stopper, but I can't spend another 2/3 years of him being scared to claim a cross.

Chris Walton from Brighton is my bet.

I'm sure we will look at Walton, although suspect Championship clubs will as well.

I still don't know why Dai Cornell has been put aside so much from both managers this year.

A good keeper, much better all round than Holy.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 3048 viewsclive_baker

I think he's got another year left at Millwall and he's very much their number 1, so I can't see that happening.

We certainly need a new keeper though, I agree with you on the 2 we have here now. Cornell is a capable #2 but ideally we would move Holy on and properly upgrade on him with a new #1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:28 - Apr 28 with 3027 viewsKieran_Knows

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:25 - Apr 28 by MrTown

I'm sure we will look at Walton, although suspect Championship clubs will as well.

I still don't know why Dai Cornell has been put aside so much from both managers this year.

A good keeper, much better all round than Holy.

I think the fact that he's worked with Cook in the past (2 seasons in fact as his number 1) and the fact that we're going to be a team looking to gain promotion and he'd be number 1 by a long stretch, would hopefully sway him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:29 - Apr 28 with 3021 viewsTieDyedIn95

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:21 - Apr 28 by MillsTash

He left because we went down to L1. Highly doubt he will now return.

He didn't leave, he was on a watertight contract that Evans didn't want to pay in League One which is why he was loaned out as soon as the Season Ticket sales were in, despite Evans naming him as a player we would keep for promotion... we then had Holy and Norris between the sticks and the rest is history.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 2997 viewshaynes_toe1

Uhh he's playing as a number one at a championship side, for what reason is he going to come back here?
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 2976 viewshype313

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:31 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

Uhh he's playing as a number one at a championship side, for what reason is he going to come back here?

Calm down dear, I merely stated I would like to see him back.

Jesus, anyone would think this a football forum discussing all thing ITFC, not the Royal Courts of Justice.

Login to get fewer ads

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 2970 viewsdavblue

Depends on how you want your keeper to play.

Bart is a shot stopper, but isn't very good with his feet or coming out like a sweeper keeper for example.
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:37 - Apr 28 with 2961 viewshype313

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:35 - Apr 28 by davblue

Depends on how you want your keeper to play.

Bart is a shot stopper, but isn't very good with his feet or coming out like a sweeper keeper for example.

Shot Stopper? Isn't that a pre requisite for a Goalkeeper.

I'd be very concerned if we were looking at someone who couldn't stop shots.

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 2926 viewsdavblue

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:37 - Apr 28 by hype313

Shot Stopper? Isn't that a pre requisite for a Goalkeeper.

I'd be very concerned if we were looking at someone who couldn't stop shots.

you know it's more than just that for a goalkeeper.

If Cook wants just a shot stopper then he would be fine. If he wants a keeper who can sweep and pass well then he's not.
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:45 - Apr 28 with 2908 viewshype313

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:42 - Apr 28 by davblue

you know it's more than just that for a goalkeeper.

If Cook wants just a shot stopper then he would be fine. If he wants a keeper who can sweep and pass well then he's not.

So we need a hybrid of Bart, Trigger and David Beckham.

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 2838 viewsPinewoodblue

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:45 - Apr 28 by hype313

So we need a hybrid of Bart, Trigger and David Beckham.

Nathan Broome Stoke U23’s GK

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 2829 viewshaynes_toe1

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:35 - Apr 28 by hype313

Jesus, anyone would think this a football forum discussing all thing ITFC, not the Royal Courts of Justice.

You posted an opinion and I asked a question. Not sure there's much calming down to do my side...
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:59 - Apr 28 with 2804 viewsMrTown

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:28 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

I think the fact that he's worked with Cook in the past (2 seasons in fact as his number 1) and the fact that we're going to be a team looking to gain promotion and he'd be number 1 by a long stretch, would hopefully sway him.

You would like to think so, and I'm sure we will be under consideration from him.

But ultimately if a Championship club comes in and can offer double what we are willing to offer I'm sure he will make the move to the Championship.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 2722 viewsRobTheMonk

Goes to Millwall and got the Championship golden glove and their player of the season. Says it all really lol.
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 2697 viewsKropotkin123

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:56 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

You posted an opinion and I asked a question. Not sure there's much calming down to do my side...

Probably more to do with the dismissive clause preceding your question.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:40 - Apr 28 with 2609 viewsBiGDonnie

They love him at Millwall and may be inline for player of the season for them.

I'm hoping we go for Walton.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:50 - Apr 28 with 2571 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:18 - Apr 28 by RobTheMonk

Goes to Millwall and got the Championship golden glove and their player of the season. Says it all really lol.

Until they have a relegation scrap next season and he goes AWOL.

Sound familiar?

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 11:08 - Apr 28 with 2523 viewsPositivelyPortman

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:35 - Apr 28 by hype313

Properly came with his handbag ready didn’t he?
You almost need to apologise before making any statement or opinion on here nowadays.
Most on here are sad sacks, that last played footie for their cub team.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 2501 viewsfarkenhell

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 09:56 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

Nathan Broome Stoke U23’s GK

That's the Trigger angle covered then!
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 11:14 - Apr 28 with 2488 viewshype313

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 11:08 - Apr 28 by PositivelyPortman

Properly came with his handbag ready didn’t he?
You almost need to apologise before making any statement or opinion on here nowadays.
Most on here are sad sacks, that last played footie for their cub team.

Yep, you raise a point about a player you would like and then you get the Spanish Inquisition why you should show your workings.

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 12:37 - Apr 28 with 2338 viewsbluelondon

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 10:40 - Apr 28 by BiGDonnie

They love him at Millwall and may be inline for player of the season for them.

I'm hoping we go for Walton.

I spoke to Bart on Monday as his son goes to the same ITFC squad as mine. Comes across very well and chatted for 10 mins.

Spoke about coming up against Paul Cook teams in the past and being impressed by the character and toughness of his teams and that he thinks we’ll be looking at recruiting Championship quality players

Mentioned the relegation season team and said as soon as the team went 1 nil down he knew they had no chance of getting back in games with the forwards we had

Spoke highly of Richard Wright, Kelvin Davis and learning a lot off them

Said he has won player of season again this year, which I congratulated him on
Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 14:00 - Apr 28 with 2217 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think the worst thing we can do is to go back in for old players. We need a complete break from the old regime.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Personally, I'd love to see Bart back between the sticks on 14:02 - Apr 28 with 2207 viewschicoazul

Anyone who doesn’t think he would be an upgrade on what we have or could otherwise get in the open market is basically insane.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024