Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on Athletic 11:19 - Apr 28 with 1669 viewsitfcjoe

Makes point re someone like Dyer potentially stepping up - and why clubs go this way:

https://theathletic.com/2519529/2021/04/28/academy-coaches-senior-club-football/

I've got some guest passes if anyone wants one to read this article

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting article on Athletic on 11:38 - Apr 28 with 1497 viewshype313

Really good article, and it makes perfect sense when you actually think about it. Have someone come in who has been around the youths making the transition into the first team, someone who has the clubs DNA ingrained in them. As opposed to someone completely new coming in, not knowing the club, the surroundings, the workings of the club.

Which is why I was keen on Dyer getting the role, and a little disappointed he didn't get a look in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting article on Athletic on 12:44 - Apr 28 with 1328 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting article on Athletic on 11:38 - Apr 28 by hype313

Really good article, and it makes perfect sense when you actually think about it. Have someone come in who has been around the youths making the transition into the first team, someone who has the clubs DNA ingrained in them. As opposed to someone completely new coming in, not knowing the club, the surroundings, the workings of the club.

Which is why I was keen on Dyer getting the role, and a little disappointed he didn't get a look in.

It’s great that, on merit, he is becoming more and more involved with first team and has seemingly earned Cook’s respect very quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting article on Athletic on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 1300 viewstextbackup

I said a while back that KD could become PC’s assistant manager.... the football experts on here told me why I was wrong.
😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Interesting article on Athletic on 13:10 - Apr 28 with 1185 viewsPlums

Interesting article on Athletic on 11:38 - Apr 28 by hype313

I haven’t read the article but that’s essentially what Southgate did with England. He then took the team to a World Cup semi-final.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 943 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting article on Athletic on 12:46 - Apr 28 by textbackup

I said a while back that KD could become PC’s assistant manager.... the football experts on here told me why I was wrong.
😂

That's because this idea that assistants are the man behind the manager has really taken off on here for some reason. It now to seems to be accepted fact amongst many on here who are now waiting for Cook to fail because Richardson is staying with Wigan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 922 viewsNthQldITFC

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:11 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

That's because this idea that assistants are the man behind the manager has really taken off on here for some reason. It now to seems to be accepted fact amongst many on here who are now waiting for Cook to fail because Richardson is staying with Wigan.

That's a good point, but then the fella who does your typing for you came up with that didn't he?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:17 - Apr 28 with 912 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:16 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

That's a good point, but then the fella who does your typing for you came up with that didn't he?

Took me a second...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:23 - Apr 28 with 889 viewsNthQldITFC

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:17 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Took me a second...

Sorry, I really annoy myself sometimes when I can't resist posting inane drivel like that. I'm happy to be more or less tolerated.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article on Athletic on 17:40 - Apr 28 with 843 viewsBluefish

Interesting article on Athletic on 12:46 - Apr 28 by textbackup

😂

I'm the only football expert on here and I didn't tell you that you are wrong

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024