Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Option taken up on Donacien? 11:36 - Apr 28 with 4137 viewscbower

....so I am lead to believe. Don't shoot me if it's wrong - just thought I'd let you know what I have heard. Maybe it is to try and sell for 50K - I don't know?

bluescouser

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:40 - Apr 28 with 3667 viewsWonTheCupin78

Seems to have been overlooked in the past. Decent back up for KVY at RB.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:40 - Apr 28 with 3658 viewshype313

Makes sense to invoke the additional year, even if we don't use him, he does have some residual value.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:41 - Apr 28 with 3637 viewsreusersfreekicks

Decent enough back up? Lambert's use of him was ridiculous. Doubt it would be just to sell him...
Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:41 - Apr 28 with 3627 viewsTractorCam

Definitely a worthy player to have.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:43 - Apr 28 with 3603 viewsitfcjoe

Waste of time for me, we know he’s not good enough even if he is solid enough - his option will be on his wages when he was signed as a £750k player into the 2nd tier. Will have been reduced no doubt on relegation but still likely to be better out there for cheaper, or offer him a 1 year deal on lower wages

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:44 - Apr 28 with 3571 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We have to take it up. If we don't keep him, we just have to buy someone like him to cover on the bench anyway. Plus, he can play across the whole back line. Well worth keeping.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 3519 viewsfranz_tyson

Cook wants full backs who bomb up and down the wing. Is that Donacien? I don’t think so. And if KVY breaks down( likely) we’ve got a steady RB who get can’t get forward. Go for a RB who fits the criteria and is not as seen as back up... but someone who can push for a place. And from Donacien’s perspective- does he want to be seen as back up again and sit on the sidelines again. Time to part ways for me.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 11:49]
Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:49 - Apr 28 with 3500 viewssaffers12

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:44 - Apr 28 by JammyDodgerrr

We have to take it up. If we don't keep him, we just have to buy someone like him to cover on the bench anyway. Plus, he can play across the whole back line. Well worth keeping.

seen him play a dozen times live and never let anyone down IMHO
Login to get fewer ads

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:52 - Apr 28 with 3462 viewsitfcpaul

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:48 - Apr 28 by franz_tyson

Cook wants full backs who bomb up and down the wing. Is that Donacien? I don’t think so. And if KVY breaks down( likely) we’ve got a steady RB who get can’t get forward. Go for a RB who fits the criteria and is not as seen as back up... but someone who can push for a place. And from Donacien’s perspective- does he want to be seen as back up again and sit on the sidelines again. Time to part ways for me.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 11:49]

He isn't KVY but can provide cover across the back 4, so a cheap alternative for many areas, never let anyone down to be honest when he has played and played well for Accrington while being on loan

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 3437 viewsKieran_Knows

So pointless. Why on earth we didn't take the money in January I do not know.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:04 - Apr 28 with 3320 viewsMrTown

I don't mind this. A versatile and capable back up. Can play anywhere across the back line really.

Even if he is on the bench every week, he is an option to cover any defender.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:09 - Apr 28 with 3276 viewsRobTheMonk

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:04 - Apr 28 by MrTown

I don't mind this. A versatile and capable back up. Can play anywhere across the back line really.

Even if he is on the bench every week, he is an option to cover any defender.

Agreed. A perfectly reasonable squad player. The only caveat is KVY's fitness.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 3162 viewsWestover

He has made 15 starts for Fleetwood so far so can't be that bad Lambert just didn't give him a chance.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:30 - Apr 28 with 3144 viewsTieDyedIn95

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:43 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

Waste of time for me, we know he’s not good enough even if he is solid enough - his option will be on his wages when he was signed as a £750k player into the 2nd tier. Will have been reduced no doubt on relegation but still likely to be better out there for cheaper, or offer him a 1 year deal on lower wages

I agree, he was utterly pants whenever he played for us anyway. He's a near 30 year old, who's career achievements were a hundred games in the fourth division over the 5 years before we signed him. He was never good enough to play for this club and was signed by a manager that only an idiot owner would have appointed in the first place.

Release and move on.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 3068 viewshaynes_toe1

Hopefully untrue. Complete waste to keep him on here.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 3068 viewsDubtractor

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:43 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

I'm with you.

Massively limited player, and I'm sure we could pick up better quite easily.

People saying he can play across the back 4, but his appearance at lb against qpr a couple of years ago is one of the worst performances I've seen in a town shirt. Plus he played cb in his debut against Blackburn, was terrible, and not sure we've seen him there since.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Option taken up on Donacien? on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 2918 viewsIpswichKnight

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:38 - Apr 28 by Dubtractor

I'm with you.

Massively limited player, and I'm sure we could pick up better quite easily.

People saying he can play across the back 4, but his appearance at lb against qpr a couple of years ago is one of the worst performances I've seen in a town shirt. Plus he played cb in his debut against Blackburn, was terrible, and not sure we've seen him there since.

I’m with you and itfcjoe on this, we can pick up better players on frees in the summer. Don’t forget gone are the days of our chief scout also being the owner and main contract negotiator. We will have in a few weeks a proper CEO, head of analytics and head of development. For once we will have a professional set up!
Option taken up on Donacien? on 13:18 - Apr 28 with 2888 viewsgreyhound

Someone mentioned to me he was still quite highly thought of at the club, didn't think that would extend to a new contract however. Not a player to move us forward. However wouldn't be at all surprised if this was true from what I've heard. This falls firmly into the category of I hope not.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 13:22 - Apr 28 with 2842 viewsJakeITFC

Got to make good use of that residency agreement, sign him up.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 2601 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not for me. He's not the type of attacking wing back that Paul Cook likes.

IMO we will be looking for a like for like back up for KVY.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Option taken up on Donacien? on 14:58 - Apr 28 with 2509 viewsBlueBadger

Nah, he's rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 15:10 - Apr 28 with 2479 viewsJ2BLUE

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:53 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

So pointless. Why on earth we didn't take the money in January I do not know.

Because Evans was half in and half out on Lambert. Once again his indecision cost us.

I'm happy if this is true. I think Donacien is a perfectly good back up in this league. Defensively he is good enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 16:08 - Apr 28 with 2323 viewsChurchman

Option taken up on Donacien? on 12:30 - Apr 28 by TieDyedIn95

I agree, he was utterly pants whenever he played for us anyway. He's a near 30 year old, who's career achievements were a hundred games in the fourth division over the 5 years before we signed him. He was never good enough to play for this club and was signed by a manager that only an idiot owner would have appointed in the first place.

Release and move on.

Agreed. Not good enough, let him go.
Option taken up on Donacien? on 18:25 - Apr 28 with 2157 viewsKeaneish

Option taken up on Donacien? on 11:40 - Apr 28 by WonTheCupin78

Seems to have been overlooked in the past. Decent back up for KVY at RB.

He’s hardly going to push KVY very hard for a starting place though and getting forward isn’t his forte. If Cook wants to play with width and pace, an injury to KVY with Donavien as back would seriously hamper that ambition.

However, if we need to limit the number coming in whilst also making big changes, this may be a simple option if other areas are deemed more important.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Option taken up on Donacien? on 18:26 - Apr 28 with 2147 viewschrismakin

Wouldnt be bad business to take the option and sell him. Afterall M/A is very experienced at player trading.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024