Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes 12:41 - Apr 28 with 4922 viewsitfcpaul

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-ipswich-town-join-huddersfield-town-in

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:56 - Apr 28 with 2807 viewsTieDyedIn95

This isn't a new link by any means, Lambert was famously mocked for trying to bring in the Wickham/Rhodes combo during the 2019 window but Evans wouldn't fund the move. I do think if we detach ourselves from the fact we've had them before, be it a decade ago, that we would ordinarily welcome this sort of signing. Ex-Players always receive a groan from our fanbase though as a step backward but Ipswich have fallen so far we really cannot be picky when a Rhodes type player comes up we should probably take it, as the "young and exciting" mob the fans wanted just got us relegated anyway.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:58 - Apr 28 with 2794 viewsTown_Boy

I’d take that can’t see it happening though at all

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:59 - Apr 28 with 2773 viewshaynes_toe1

Rhodes would be an excellent signing however we are going to have to drastically change and actually create chances. Rhodes won't create opportunities for himself but he will finish chances in the box.
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:00 - Apr 28 with 2751 viewsTieDyedIn95

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:56 - Apr 28 by TieDyedIn95

This isn't a new link by any means, Lambert was famously mocked for trying to bring in the Wickham/Rhodes combo during the 2019 window but Evans wouldn't fund the move. I do think if we detach ourselves from the fact we've had them before, be it a decade ago, that we would ordinarily welcome this sort of signing. Ex-Players always receive a groan from our fanbase though as a step backward but Ipswich have fallen so far we really cannot be picky when a Rhodes type player comes up we should probably take it, as the "young and exciting" mob the fans wanted just got us relegated anyway.

I know you still think Jackson and co are quality Herbivore, but the results haven't lied. We were relegated with young and exciting prospects from the lower leagues and youth team players. It doesn't work in the Championship, you can get get away with a couple, but not as much as we did. It's what the fans wanted, along with Mick Out, but the fans were wrong on this one.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 13:00]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:02 - Apr 28 with 2716 viewspointofblue

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:59 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

Rhodes would be an excellent signing however we are going to have to drastically change and actually create chances. Rhodes won't create opportunities for himself but he will finish chances in the box.

To be fair we created enough against Wimbledon and even away to Northampton - the balls were in the box but they not converted.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:06 - Apr 28 with 2659 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:56 - Apr 28 by TieDyedIn95

Over the last 5 years Rhodes has managed 27 goals in 141 appearances. There are reasons why fans wouldn't want to sign him, but him being an ex-player is very low on that list of reasons. There's nothing to suggest he'd be a success here or that he fits with Cook's preferred way of playing. This feels like a lazy link to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 2624 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 12:59 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

He's not been much use for 5 years now, what makes you think he'd be an excellent signing?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 2577 viewshaynes_toe1

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:07 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

He's not been much use for 5 years now, what makes you think he'd be an excellent signing?

It's incredibly dependant on how we set up. He's not going to run channels for us but he is a natural finisher which has been a big criticism of our strikers this season. At this level in a team set up to his strengths i'd expect him to be a good signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 2529 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:09 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

It's incredibly dependant on how we set up. He's not going to run channels for us but he is a natural finisher which has been a big criticism of our strikers this season. At this level in a team set up to his strengths i'd expect him to be a good signing.

So he's going to offer nothing other than goals, and the evidence all suggests the goals have dried up for him. He hasn't managed double figures in a season anywhere in years. He's 30/31 now, I'm not convinced he's going to suddenly rediscover the form he had in his early 20s. On the odd occasion I've seen him in recent times he's looked awful.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 2519 viewsIllinoisblue

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:07 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

He’s played 36 games this year so he’s automatically fitter than every striker in our squad. Agree, though, he’s way past his best. We need to find the next Rhodes not the existing one.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 2489 viewsDarth_Koont

Rhodes is a nice guy and a good finisher but always been a bit of a fast-track bully for me. Great in a Huddersfield side that was the best in the division or in a Blackburn side with Conway and Cairney providing the bullets. Also with a Novak or a Gestede to do a lot of the work in attack too. But generally not someone who pulls a side up by its bootstraps.

Can’t really see a scenario where we’d need him to be the missing piece to the puzzle because we probably need a more self-sufficient striker or two who can help build the team and some momentum from the start.

Pronouns: He/Him

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:15 - Apr 28 with 2468 viewsWD19

Was pondering this a couple of days ago. Came to the conclusion that I am not sure '1 up top' who is incapable of creating any chances for themselves would be "excellent".
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:16 - Apr 28 with 2471 viewsclive_baker

He very nearly joined shortly before MM left. I would take him back here, he's a goalscorer but would need the service.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 2418 viewssolomon

Agree, belongs in our past not our future.
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 2409 viewshaynes_toe1

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:12 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

So he's going to offer nothing other than goals, and the evidence all suggests the goals have dried up for him. He hasn't managed double figures in a season anywhere in years. He's 30/31 now, I'm not convinced he's going to suddenly rediscover the form he had in his early 20s. On the odd occasion I've seen him in recent times he's looked awful.

But despite that, he's had a better goals / minute ratio in the division above than our best in Norwood.
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:20 - Apr 28 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:16 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

He very nearly joined shortly before MM left. I would take him back here, he's a goalscorer but would need the service.

Really struggling to see why anyone would want him back to be honest. He's average just under 1 in 5 over the last 5 years. For a striker that is meant to be an out and out goalscorer that's really, really poor. His all round game isn't good enough and I don't think he's in the kind of nick to compensate for that by scoring a hatfull. I'd steer well clear.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:23 - Apr 28 with 2332 viewsPinewoodblue

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:20 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

Really struggling to see why anyone would want him back to be honest. He's average just under 1 in 5 over the last 5 years. For a striker that is meant to be an out and out goalscorer that's really, really poor. His all round game isn't good enough and I don't think he's in the kind of nick to compensate for that by scoring a hatfull. I'd steer well clear.

He may not be what we end up with but he is certainly better than what we have.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:24 - Apr 28 with 2313 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:19 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

But despite that, he's had a better goals / minute ratio in the division above than our best in Norwood.

Just checked that stat and it's not accurate (according to the BBC at least). Look at Rhodes' trajectory, he's not been very good for a long time. Everyone has always known his all round game wasn't great but that didn't matter when he was scoring 20+ goals a season. He's been a journeyman for the better part of 5 years. He's not remotely what we need.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 2296 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:23 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

He may not be what we end up with but he is certainly better than what we have.

Remarkably I'm not convinced he is.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 2297 viewshype313

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:20 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

If it wasn't for the fact that he was one of our youths, people's attitudes would change in a heartbeat as the recent stats don't lie.

Think we need to move away from sentimental signings.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:27 - Apr 28 with 2277 viewsJakeITFC

I think there are caveats to be found for those numbers taken in isolation, falling out of favour with clubs, a few moves etc.

As was gospel on TWTD when he was banging them in for Huddersfield, League One goals are a much easier thing to come across than ones at the level above. I think there will always be a place in our squad for a goal getter like Rhodes.
Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:28 - Apr 28 with 2262 viewsPinewoodblue

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:25 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

Remarkably I'm not convinced he is.

You could try and convince us that a current player is a better option.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:30 - Apr 28 with 2247 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:27 - Apr 28 by JakeITFC

I think there are caveats to be found for those numbers taken in isolation, falling out of favour with clubs, a few moves etc.

As was gospel on TWTD when he was banging them in for Huddersfield, League One goals are a much easier thing to come across than ones at the level above. I think there will always be a place in our squad for a goal getter like Rhodes.

A goal getter who's been getting just under a goal every 5 appearances over the last 5 years of his career. I appreciate goals are easier to come by in League 1, but if he wasn't an ex-Town player people would be looking at his recent record, his age, and how little he offers sides with his all round game and saying we should steer well away.

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:32 - Apr 28 with 2213 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:30 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

A goal getter who's been getting just under a goal every 5 appearances over the last 5 years of his career. I appreciate goals are easier to come by in League 1, but if he wasn't an ex-Town player people would be looking at his recent record, his age, and how little he offers sides with his all round game and saying we should steer well away.

He was a good backup stiker in one of our promotion years.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 2146 viewsHerbivore

Apparently, joined the race to sign Jordan Rhodes on 13:32 - Apr 28 by giant_stow

He was a good backup stiker in one of our promotion years.

With your parachute payments you could afford the luxury of having a pudding on the bench who may or may not nick you a goal (6 in 36 appearances suggests it was more often 'not'). We'd have to pay him a wedge by League 1 standards and he's not what we need to be leading the line every week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024