Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Blair’s mullet 13:36 - Apr 28 with 3388 viewsDarth_Koont

I know we need to keep our eye on the prize and it’s apparently Boris’s wallpaper that’s the key focus.

But this has to be recorded too. Introducing The Blair: nothing up front and a neoliberal war criminal in back.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

I see you're parroting Johnson's and his right wing supporter's line about this being about 'wallpaper'. Tell me, where do you see yourself on the horseshoe right about now?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:42 - Apr 28 with 2322 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 2302 viewsDarth_Koont

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:41 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

I see you're parroting Johnson's and his right wing supporter's line about this being about 'wallpaper'. Tell me, where do you see yourself on the horseshoe right about now?

If they get Johnson for this it’s good. Bit like getting Al Capone for tax evasion though.

Where do you see yourself on the far-right/centrist fish hook?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:46 - Apr 28 with 2285 viewsEwan_Oozami

OMG! It's Killer Bob!!!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 2278 viewsgiant_stow

I showed mrs ullaa his hair and she dry spewed. I like it - I might grow mine in tribute.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:48 - Apr 28 with 2264 viewsHerbivore

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:45 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

If they get Johnson for this it’s good. Bit like getting Al Capone for tax evasion though.

Where do you see yourself on the far-right/centrist fish hook?

On the far left. That was easy. Calling me a centrist is rather silly, you should know that. On the other hand, you and the other jilted cult of Corbyn types do seem rather fixated on attacking Labour, often using the exact same attack lines as the far right types. Not really the behaviour of someone who is genuinely of the left, imo. It's classic Tory enabling of the kind you went after the likes of Badger for during the Corbyn era.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 13:48]

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 2253 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He looks ancient now.
Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 2232 viewsgiant_stow

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:49 - Apr 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He looks ancient now.

a buzz cut would probably do him some justice, but I like that he's going with the flow, the hippy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 2209 viewsusm

Its not just the wallpaper though, is it. He had the coving repainted as well FFS!

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 2221 viewschicoazul

On his way to full transition.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:52 - Apr 28 with 2220 viewsfooters

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:48 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

On the far left. That was easy. Calling me a centrist is rather silly, you should know that. On the other hand, you and the other jilted cult of Corbyn types do seem rather fixated on attacking Labour, often using the exact same attack lines as the far right types. Not really the behaviour of someone who is genuinely of the left, imo. It's classic Tory enabling of the kind you went after the likes of Badger for during the Corbyn era.

I honestly don't know how we all don't get along more on the left. I agree with you and Koonters plenty and we all have more in common than that we disagree on, Shirley?

And I do think the flat redecoration stuff is a bit desperate when there are so many more important things for Labour to be focused on right now. Sadly Starmer's still not doing much for me, has to be said.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:52 - Apr 28 with 2213 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve been consistent about what I think. And I just don’t agree with your take.

This is also light-hearted p!ss-taking of a politician who like Cameron is entirely complicit in where our politics now is. It’s why I feel so comfortable criticising Starmer for his Blair tribute act. We’ve seen it before and know where this is heading.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:54 - Apr 28 with 2197 viewschicoazul

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:52 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

I’ve been consistent about what I think. And I just don’t agree with your take.

This is also light-hearted p!ss-taking of a politician who like Cameron is entirely complicit in where our politics now is. It’s why I feel so comfortable criticising Starmer for his Blair tribute act. We’ve seen it before and know where this is heading.

3 election wins?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:56 - Apr 28 with 2188 viewsDarth_Koont

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:54 - Apr 28 by chicoazul

3 election wins?

You’re right! Just need a time machine to get back to 1994 and reverse decades of Labour shedding its traditional support.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:57 - Apr 28 with 2173 viewschicoazul

Willing to take bets on which of Koont and Herbs ends up with the ice axe in the back of the head lads.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:03 - Apr 28 with 2145 viewsHerbivore

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:51 - Apr 28 by usm

Its not just the wallpaper though, is it. He had the coving repainted as well FFS!

Koont, I give you Exhibit A.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:03 - Apr 28 with 2136 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:57 - Apr 28 by chicoazul

Willing to take bets on which of Koont and Herbs ends up with the ice axe in the back of the head lads.

But who will be Ramon Mercader?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:06 - Apr 28 with 2109 viewsRyorry

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:52 - Apr 28 by footers

I honestly don't know how we all don't get along more on the left. I agree with you and Koonters plenty and we all have more in common than that we disagree on, Shirley?

And I do think the flat redecoration stuff is a bit desperate when there are so many more important things for Labour to be focused on right now. Sadly Starmer's still not doing much for me, has to be said.

Agree. Between us 4, we probably cover most positions of the left. Extrapolating to the voting population of the UK, the upshot of us not agreeing would be endless Tory sh1tsers govt.

There's a huge need to be pragmatic & unite to bring down that vile bunch of currupt liars.

As for what may bring them down - maybe house refurbs are more interesting to an electorate who are now so exposed to major corruption in politics that it barely registers any more - whereas they can really relate to the price of sofas and wallpaper? 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:06 - Apr 28 with 2108 viewsHerbivore

It's because people on the left generally have principles and ideals that guide their politics, and principles and ideals are things people feel strongly about and debate robustly. It's easier if you're on the right, where a lack of principles is something to be celebrated, as you simply coalesce around whatever keeps you in power.

The flat redecoration issue is symbolic of something more important, the complete erosion of standards in public life. Johnson thinks that doesn't really apply to him, he's the PM now so should be able to do what he likes. He needs to be accountable and that's harder to achieve now he's been gifted an 80 seat majority. I have no issue with stuff like this being used to show him up.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:08 - Apr 28 with 2095 viewsgiant_stow

I think the flat is basically serving as a useful and more accessible symbol of all the other charges of cronyism and bentness, which is fine.

They've also got to make hey on a short term level with this by-election thingy coming up.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:19 - Apr 28 with 2048 viewsPendejo

Is that picture for real?

If so this is on where Tony Blair meets Dr. Who

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:23 - Apr 28 with 1996 viewslowhouseblue

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:08 - Apr 28 by giant_stow

I think the flat is basically serving as a useful and more accessible symbol of all the other charges of cronyism and bentness, which is fine.

They've also got to make hey on a short term level with this by-election thingy coming up.

the flat is one of many. it's about creating a mood and bigger narrative. in the public mind it has to be cumulative and to become established as a simple 'true' characterisation. in the end you want the one word to stick to them. blair did this brilliantly with major.

the risk is that if the public perceive you as going over the top or that your attack isn't fair or credible, they stop listening. some people come across as more than a little deranged in discussing boris - and that's very damaging. politically you've always got to come across as the bigger person.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:26 - Apr 28 with 1974 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

There are a few things about the Downing Street flat redecoration story that may resonate more with the voting public than the cronyism and corruption.

Firstly there is a £30000 a year budget from public money made available for this sort of thing. I would suggest that for most people that money buys a lot of redecoration.

Hints that the overall cost of redecoration was nearer £200000 and you are entering house purchase territory for many of the population.

Many people, despite the availability of credit facilities, still operate on the basis that they save up for major purchases/projects.

These usefully highlight the different world Johnson and his fiancee occupy.

When one then layers on to this that there may have been £58000 of political donations at best "resting" in Johnson's account while he scraped the money together somehow then you may just have the perfect storm of outrage.

Now we have a tangible and readily grasped example of "one rule for them ..".

Oh, and Johnson's obfuscation may just be the one lie too far.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:27 - Apr 28 with 1961 viewsDarth_Koont

Tony Blair’s mullet on 13:57 - Apr 28 by chicoazul

Gmpf.

So much edge, so little point.

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:46 - Apr 28 with 1881 viewsStokieBlue

Tony Blair’s mullet on 14:26 - Apr 28 by You_Bloo_Right

There are a few things about the Downing Street flat redecoration story that may resonate more with the voting public than the cronyism and corruption.

Firstly there is a £30000 a year budget from public money made available for this sort of thing. I would suggest that for most people that money buys a lot of redecoration.

Hints that the overall cost of redecoration was nearer £200000 and you are entering house purchase territory for many of the population.

Many people, despite the availability of credit facilities, still operate on the basis that they save up for major purchases/projects.

These usefully highlight the different world Johnson and his fiancee occupy.

When one then layers on to this that there may have been £58000 of political donations at best "resting" in Johnson's account while he scraped the money together somehow then you may just have the perfect storm of outrage.

Now we have a tangible and readily grasped example of "one rule for them ..".

Oh, and Johnson's obfuscation may just be the one lie too far.

How on earth does one even spend 200,000 GBP refurbishing a 4-bed flat with no major building works?

It's actually quite an achievement to be so ludicrous with ones spending, especially at a time when many of your supporters are feeling the pinch from the pandemic.

Hopefully Boris will be following Sarkozy to a corruption conviction and some time in a much smaller and less lavishly decorated abode.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024