Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) 14:44 - Apr 28 with 2449 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 14:50 - Apr 28 with 2421 viewsSteve_M

First comment on the news story asking why they aren't reduced.....

Seems reasonable to me, especially if I can still use compensation for 2019-20 and makes my season ticket for next year under £200. Now, if only I can get to use it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 14:52 - Apr 28 with 2404 viewshype313

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 14:50 - Apr 28 by Steve_M

First comment on the news story asking why they aren't reduced.....

Seems reasonable to me, especially if I can still use compensation for 2019-20 and makes my season ticket for next year under £200. Now, if only I can get to use it.

£200 for a season of football, I reckon on one drunken night on a stag do, I probably put that down the blouse of a lapdancer.

Kevin, his name was, lovely fella.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 14:55 - Apr 28 with 2371 viewsJackSted

If you're complaining about a 100-200 quid difference should you be owning a season ticket in the first place??

The amount you've saved on petrol, train tickets, car parks etc probably covers this anyway
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:00]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:01 - Apr 28 with 2314 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think it's a very generous offer overall, with the new owners taking a hit for what could be more than £1m.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:05 - Apr 28 with 2267 viewsSwailsey

Very fair

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:07 - Apr 28 with 2255 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, if the money was used to form part of Lamebert's payoff, it was money well spent
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 2203 viewsSouperJim

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 14:55 - Apr 28 by JackSted

If you're complaining about a 100-200 quid difference should you be owning a season ticket in the first place??

The amount you've saved on petrol, train tickets, car parks etc probably covers this anyway
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:00]

Say whatnow? People who don't have a disposable income big enough to swallow a £200 loss shouldn't go to football?

And they say it's not the working man's game anymore...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:31 - Apr 28 with 2123 viewsBelsteadCav

I’m more than happy with the announcement

Especially as I have two boys, who will now be free

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Login to get fewer ads

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:32 - Apr 28 with 2116 viewstractorboy1978

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:14 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

Say whatnow? People who don't have a disposable income big enough to swallow a £200 loss shouldn't go to football?

And they say it's not the working man's game anymore...

It's not really a loss though is it? Assuming you bought the cheapest adult ST you will have £103 MORE in your pocket (should you opt for that) than you currently do. At no point in the ST renewal process were people sold the idea they would get a refund for matches they couldn't attend. If you paid by DD, you've also had 10 months to cancel at any point.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:33]
Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 2040 viewsSouperJim

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:32 - Apr 28 by tractorboy1978

It's not really a loss though is it? Assuming you bought the cheapest adult ST you will have £103 MORE in your pocket (should you opt for that) than you currently do. At no point in the ST renewal process were people sold the idea they would get a refund for matches they couldn't attend. If you paid by DD, you've also had 10 months to cancel at any point.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:33]

You're misrepresenting my point, I think it's divisive to say if you can't afford a difference of £100-£200 you shouldn't get a season ticket. I realise this is possibly an unpopular opinion in middle class tory-voting Suffolk, but I think football should be affordable for all. A couple of hundred quid is a heck of a lot of money to some people.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

You imprison your children? (n/t) on 15:54 - Apr 28 with 2007 viewsBloots

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:31 - Apr 28 by BelsteadCav

I’m more than happy with the announcement

Especially as I have two boys, who will now be free

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:57 - Apr 28 with 1988 viewsTieDyedIn95

Updated -

I took the online credit option for the value of the six games at the end of the 2019/20 season. What is happening with this?

The expiration date for the online credit is being extended until the 31st December 2021. The credit can be used for purchasing any ticketing product available here or via the Ticket Office including home match tickets, memberships, events or towards the cost of a 2021/22 season ticket.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 15:58]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

You imprison your children? (n/t) on 16:22 - Apr 28 with 1921 viewsBelsteadCav

You imprison your children? (n/t) on 15:54 - Apr 28 by Bloots

Taking them to watch Ipswich could be classed as a punishment I suppose

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 1868 viewshoppy

It's not a meltdown, but I do realise it must be quite tricky for the club to cover all bases on this one.
Some will have benefitted (ie those that cancelled after 2019/20 will be able to buy a new one at the lowest renewal price, having saved themselves the total cost of this last season)
Some will see it as a fair compromise and take the difference between what they paid out and what it will cost them for next season if they use the refund against that.
Others will see it as being 'ripped off' judging by the comments I've read.

In our situation, we continued paying throughout for 2 x adult ST (£333 each) and an under 12 ST (£50), so a total of £716. For that in terms of refund, if I've read it correctly, we will get a maximum of £206 refunded making the total paid £510, so our iFollow cost per game for 2020-21 has now increased to just over £22 per game instead of £10.

Renewal for our tickets will obviously go down to £666, with the free under 12 ticket saving us £50 overall and the refunds taken forwards would make it £460 to pay. (£1,176 over 2020/21-2021/22)

If we'd cancelled just one of the adult tickets, and the under 12 one, to enable having the iFollow coverage, it would've cost us £333 in total instead of £716. (saving £383)

Our renewal would then be £704, with the single refund bringing that down to £601. (£934 over 2020/21-2021/22).

So we'll have paid £242 more by keeping all 3 season tickets going as we have done.

That's not a meltdown, but just how it works out for us.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 16:47]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 1824 viewshaynes_toe1

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 28 by hoppy

It's not a meltdown, but I do realise it must be quite tricky for the club to cover all bases on this one.
Some will have benefitted (ie those that cancelled after 2019/20 will be able to buy a new one at the lowest renewal price, having saved themselves the total cost of this last season)
Some will see it as a fair compromise and take the difference between what they paid out and what it will cost them for next season if they use the refund against that.

In our situation, we continued paying throughout for 2 x adult ST (£333 each) and an under 12 ST (£50), so a total of £716. For that in terms of refund, if I've read it correctly, we will get a maximum of £206 refunded making the total paid £510, so our iFollow cost per game for 2020-21 has now increased to just over £22 per game instead of £10.

Renewal for our tickets will obviously go down to £666, with the free under 12 ticket saving us £50 overall and the refunds taken forwards would make it £460 to pay. (£1,176 over 2020/21-2021/22)

If we'd cancelled just one of the adult tickets, and the under 12 one, to enable having the iFollow coverage, it would've cost us £333 in total instead of £716. (saving £383)

Our renewal would then be £704, with the single refund bringing that down to £601. (£934 over 2020/21-2021/22).

So we'll have paid £242 more by keeping all 3 season tickets going as we have done.

Good post - different people in different circumstances will shockingly have been affected differently and therefore have differing opinions on it.

Not being a ST holder I have nothing to complain about but sympathise with those who feel they've lost out somewhat, in trying to support their club (which is now owned by those who could easily swallow the cost if they wanted, and the good PR to go with it).
Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 17:00 - Apr 28 with 1781 viewsBluefish

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 28 by hoppy

Oh I absolutely agree that it should be capped at 1 ifollow pass per household

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What have Norwich done? (n/t) on 17:03 - Apr 28 with 1757 viewsBloots

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 16:50 - Apr 28 by haynes_toe1

Good post - different people in different circumstances will shockingly have been affected differently and therefore have differing opinions on it.

Not being a ST holder I have nothing to complain about but sympathise with those who feel they've lost out somewhat, in trying to support their club (which is now owned by those who could easily swallow the cost if they wanted, and the good PR to go with it).

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

What have Norwich done? (n/t) on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 1747 viewsNeedhamChris

What have Norwich done? (n/t) on 17:03 - Apr 28 by Bloots

Dealt with theirs in December IIRC, you could get a full refund on season tickets or rollover to next year BUT if you didn't have at least one season ticket per household you didn't get the iFollow.

Would have been fairer for those in Hoppy's situation

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 17:10 - Apr 28 with 1722 viewsNeedhamChris

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 15:01 - Apr 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think it's a very generous offer overall, with the new owners taking a hit for what could be more than £1m.

It's fair so I'm happy enough, but don't see how paying what is probably the statutory minimum in these circumstances can be considered generous?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 10:03 - Apr 29 with 1431 viewshoppy

Refund meltdown competition started (n/t) on 17:00 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

Oh I absolutely agree that it should be capped at 1 ifollow pass per household

That would certainly make a difference.

Like I said, this wasn't an entry into the meltdown competition, but it is a little frustrating to have found out we'd now effectively paid over £22 per match on iFollow, whether or not we've actually watched all the games, compared with the £10 per match that anyone that cancelled has had to pay, and then only for the games they've actually watched.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What have Norwich done? (n/t) on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 1394 viewshaynes_toe1

What have Norwich done? (n/t) on 17:03 - Apr 28 by Bloots

No idea but let's be honest chances are it was fairer and better orgnanised.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024