Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business 18:01 - Apr 28 with 2905 viewsNeedhamChris

I've just reread the letter from Marcus Evans to convince us to renew our season ticket from 2019/20 to 2020/21. I'm happy to swallow it personally but completely understand the negative comments.

I am therefore giving our existing season ticket holders a chance to renew now, pre-early bird, at the same price as last season with some special additional benefits and also so that they can continue to use the very popular 12-month interest free Direct Debit scheme.

To allay any concerns you may have if any matches next season are played behind closed doors, please note that we are adding four major benefits for all season ticket holders renewing by May 7th.

Subject to the technology being in place you will receive free Internet viewing of any behind closed doors home match for next season and in addition for any behind closed doors match.

As additional compensation you will also receive a complimentary ticket to a home cup match, so long as there are still cup matches in the season and also two free tickets for guests to join you at the next available league home game in season 2020/21 as an additional make good for the loss of a game behind closed doors.

In addition if we play in League One next season and are promoted to the Championship for season 2021/22, then all those purchases made by May 7th will have a guaranteed price freeze for season 2021/22.

The iFollow is referenced here as free and a 'special additional benefit' which is at best very poorly worded. We also seem to have lost our 2 free tickets and complimentary cup game.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 18:08 - Apr 28 with 2836 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He was probably planning on following through and covering the cost.

It’s understandable that the new lot aren’t but it does seem to be the lower end of what they could have done.
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 03:25 - Apr 29 with 2463 viewschrismakin

We also seem to have lost our 2 free tickets and complimentary cup game.

It does say it only cover this season though, so it's not something that' been ignored by the new owners, it's just expired.

I was surprised they didn't go with the household I follow reduction, based on 1 log in per household, however i'd imagine in their thoughts was the majority would be better off now due to the u19 and u12 free season ticket offer for next season. I would imagine the marketing dept showed the data to show that there would be more making savings this way than by refunding based on log ins per household. Plus, this way makes it more likely parents will renew again for next season.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 8:06]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 08:39 - Apr 29 with 2109 viewsIpswichKnight

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 03:25 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

It does say it only cover this season though, so it's not something that' been ignored by the new owners, it's just expired.

I was surprised they didn't go with the household I follow reduction, based on 1 log in per household, however i'd imagine in their thoughts was the majority would be better off now due to the u19 and u12 free season ticket offer for next season. I would imagine the marketing dept showed the data to show that there would be more making savings this way than by refunding based on log ins per household. Plus, this way makes it more likely parents will renew again for next season.

We need the cash simply put, L1 FFP is all based on turnover the more we get in the more we can spend, don’t expect a giveaway on the shirt sponsorship either.
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 1991 viewsHighgateBlue

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 08:39 - Apr 29 by IpswichKnight

We need the cash simply put, L1 FFP is all based on turnover the more we get in the more we can spend, don’t expect a giveaway on the shirt sponsorship either.

Not enough people understand this. Our financial constraints this year will not be how much money the new owners have "got" or "allocated" for player recruitment. It will be what we are ALLOWED to spend under FFP. And as you say, turnover is king in that respect.
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:20 - Apr 29 with 1970 viewsslade1

This....

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/ipswich-ifollow-offer-to-season-ticket-h
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:20 - Apr 29 with 1969 viewsNeedhamChris

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:17 - Apr 29 by HighgateBlue

Not enough people understand this. Our financial constraints this year will not be how much money the new owners have "got" or "allocated" for player recruitment. It will be what we are ALLOWED to spend under FFP. And as you say, turnover is king in that respect.

Unfortunately you are one of those who doesn't understand this. Donations from owners or money from additional equity counts as turnover in L1 so we're by no means as limited as other clubs

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1960 viewsParky

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 08:39 - Apr 29 by IpswichKnight

Could ‘Gamechanger’ not sponsor the shirt next season and ‘pay’ say £5m to do so, then it increases the clubs turnover to allow more spend, if needed?
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 10:33 - Apr 29 with 1816 viewshaynes_toe1

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 09:21 - Apr 29 by Parky

Could ‘Gamechanger’ not sponsor the shirt next season and ‘pay’ say £5m to do so, then it increases the clubs turnover to allow more spend, if needed?

Yeah i'm pretty sure there's multiple loopholes the owners could use.

Like the OP says, I understand those who feel this hasn't been a great gesture from the new owners. Let's hope they hit the ground running in the transfer market at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 11:06 - Apr 29 with 1757 viewslongtimefan

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 03:25 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

My son is in his last year of U23 season ticket. He’s now most definitely regretting not cancelling his ticket this year as he will get no refund, despite not using any iFollow tokens. I did point out to him he probably ought to cancel but he thought the club would do right by those living at the same address and sharing access. With his ticket now switching to full adult price he’s seriously considering whether to renew or not.
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:09 - Apr 29 with 1711 viewsdanose

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 18:08 - Apr 28 by PrideOfTheEast

He was probably planning on following through and covering the cost.

It’s understandable that the new lot aren’t but it does seem to be the lower end of what they could have done.

does anyone ever really plan to do that
Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:14 - Apr 29 with 1694 viewschrismakin

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 11:06 - Apr 29 by longtimefan

My son is in his last year of U23 season ticket. He’s now most definitely regretting not cancelling his ticket this year as he will get no refund, despite not using any iFollow tokens. I did point out to him he probably ought to cancel but he thought the club would do right by those living at the same address and sharing access. With his ticket now switching to full adult price he’s seriously considering whether to renew or not.

Thing is. Which ever way they went there would be uproar

Say they refunded all ST holders for the whole season. Meaning all codes for I follow were foc..

Non season ticket holders would have a right to ask why should they fork out £230 when ST holders get a full refund whilst watching the games for free. Because then the non season ticket holders would have supported the club more financially than the ST holders.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:47 - Apr 29 with 1649 viewspointofblue

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:14 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

Thing is. Which ever way they went there would be uproar

Say they refunded all ST holders for the whole season. Meaning all codes for I follow were foc..

Non season ticket holders would have a right to ask why should they fork out £230 when ST holders get a full refund whilst watching the games for free. Because then the non season ticket holders would have supported the club more financially than the ST holders.

They could have possibly done a slight discount for season ticket holders - say £5 per match for iFollow rather than £10, as in the ground season ticket holders get discounted prices for their seats over non-season ticket holders anyway.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:51 - Apr 29 with 1633 viewschrismakin

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:47 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

They could have possibly done a slight discount for season ticket holders - say £5 per match for iFollow rather than £10, as in the ground season ticket holders get discounted prices for their seats over non-season ticket holders anyway.

I must admit. I was expecting 2 things

1... £5/7 per I follow game for st holders
1 log in code counted per household.

But I'm caught with it. We do need all the turnover we can get. People want players. Ground improvements etc but then weve got hundreds of people tweeting Brett telling him that hes ripped them off.

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:59 - Apr 29 with 1614 viewspointofblue

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 12:51 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

I must admit. I was expecting 2 things

1... £5/7 per I follow game for st holders
1 log in code counted per household.

But I'm caught with it. We do need all the turnover we can get. People want players. Ground improvements etc but then weve got hundreds of people tweeting Brett telling him that hes ripped them off.

Again, I think the end of the season has had an affect as well - if we were doing well and looking at the possibility of promotion people might not be so agitated now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 19:15 - Apr 29 with 1408 viewschrismakin

https://www.itfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-terms-and-conditions/

If you look at the terms, the club didn't actually have to give anyone a refund at all, (3.10)
and it explains why it's not limited to 1 code per household as the condition of the terms relates to each individiual season ticket.

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 20:04 - Apr 29 with 1300 viewsNeedhamChris

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 19:15 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

https://www.itfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-terms-and-conditions/

If you look at the terms, the club didn't actually have to give anyone a refund at all, (3.10)
and it explains why it's not limited to 1 code per household as the condition of the terms relates to each individiual season ticket.

Yes, but you can't seem to accept the point that there doesn't seem to be an EFL club that has done less than us, and many that have done more.

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 20:15 - Apr 29 with 1267 viewschrismakin

Hmm, I am changing my mind a bit about this refund business on 20:04 - Apr 29 by NeedhamChris

Yes, but you can't seem to accept the point that there doesn't seem to be an EFL club that has done less than us, and many that have done more.

But your first comparison was one with 2500 season ticket holders compared to our 9000.. so no I wouldnt expect us too.

It's a football club not a charity. The terms are clear and were there from the start.
Just because other clubs are doing their own thing does t mean we have to match them. We have our own finances to look after and that includes a massive increase in staff wages for off field staff to begin with.

Freezing renewal prices. Refunding differences despite not needing too. U19 and u12 free ST for renewals.. that's a great support package and one the club didnt have to do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024