Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. 08:41 - Apr 29 with 2757 viewsCoco

He is Ipswich through and through, COULD shine in a better team and is one i really wanted to see succeed. Mogga is the correct man to help him progress and I genuinely hope he goes on to bigger and better things as he clearly has the raw talent.

Great that he signed a long contract last year too which enables us to get a decent fee. Top lad.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:43 - Apr 29 with 2204 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I dont think there is any strong link to Blackburn.

Best to ignore speculation as we enter silly season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:44 - Apr 29 with 2196 views26_Paz

He’s Ipswich through and through, maybe. Unfortunately, he is not very good at football.

The Paz Man

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:53 - Apr 29 with 2136 viewschrismakin

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:43 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

You mean rhodes. Drogba and Batistuta wont all be coming in?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:00 - Apr 29 with 2112 viewsChurchman

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:44 - Apr 29 by 26_Paz

He’s Ipswich through and through, maybe. Unfortunately, he is not very good at football.

None of them are pulling up any trees. But AD, unlike a good number of them, is talented and if the football club sorts itself out and he plays in a proper team that plays on the front foot, who knows? Unless he wants to move, I’d keep him.

With a player of his age I think there is more to go. Somebody like Norwood or Nolan, you know what you are going to get. They’re not going to improve, their attitude, whatever it might be, won’t change. With people like them it’s a simple keep or move on decision. I think it’s difficult with AD or any of the younger players that have talent.
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:08 - Apr 29 with 2071 viewsStewart27

I’m in the fence with this one.

I feel like we will never really get to see his potential. However, he’s not done enough to make me think he will put his stamp on things for us.
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 2013 viewsMrTown

He would have gone to Norwich if a deal could be struck, nobody is through and through in football anymore, there is no loyalty.

Their local reporter stated yesterday there is definite interest in him, one that Blackburn like, but 'about to sign' is wide of the mark.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:25 - Apr 29 with 1997 viewshype313

Well, he clearly is if clubs higher up the leagues are interested in him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:29 - Apr 29 with 1990 viewsScuzzer

"clearly has some raw talent "
Hasn't been very clear to me this season.
One of the major factors of why we have consistently under performed this season.
Get shot. Not a player for this league.

Established 1968

Login to get fewer ads

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:32 - Apr 29 with 1978 viewsTieDyedIn95

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 08:43 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

A Championship club could easily take a punt on Dozzell because they can afford to lose the money if it doesn't work out. He has potential but we're not exactly in a position to keep giving players years and years either given our state. I think it could be good for everyone if he did move for the right opportunity.

Given our new CEO all I would say to fans is don't get attached to anybody. Ashton is a selling Chairman, he buys and sells and makes profit even at the expense of the football. If a silly offer comes in we're going to sell anyone.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:33 - Apr 29 with 1967 viewsSamWhiteUK

If he's Ipswich through and through, you'd think he would put in more effort on the pitch
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:35 - Apr 29 with 1947 viewschicoazul

I have bad news for you; he’s a Spurs fan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:42 - Apr 29 with 1917 viewsjayessess

I think he's had a decent first season in the first team and would expect him to continue improving, here or somewhere else, particular if he's in a team with forwards who can occasionally, y'know, move around, hold the ball up, link play etc. Always think it's weird how, as a fanbase, we claim we want the club to be the kind of place where kids come through the academy, but have zero patience with any that do.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 1916 viewsclive_baker

I would take the link with a big pinch of salt, but if we're to humour it for a second, I do think he's a good footballer. He has bags of technical ability, comfortable in possession, and a very good passer of the ball. He's one of very few at the club that you would say has a ceiling that's far higher than where we are today.

I think he's been utilised terribly this season. It's like we've tried to promote him as a deep lying playmaker type, but without giving him the support or licence to actually play the role effectively. Dozzell has been passive at times, and tends to float in and out of games like a better Kevin Bru. He's had a tendency of going missing for large periods, and if that's the reality of him as a player then perhaps we need to stop trying to change the direction of the wind and instead move our sail and accommodate him accordingly. We've put so much reliance on him from a defensive perspective, largely due to Downes & Skuse being out for so long I imagine, but we've almost looked to him expecting him to be the defensive enforcer of the 2 when partnered with a meek, slender 5ft 6 Teddy Bishop, which just doesn't work. The typical deep lying playmaker is an attacking player that does his damage from a deep position. He's capable of that with his range of passing and ability to beat a man and create space, but he really needs someone next to him to do his dirty work. I think in Cooks system there's a place for Dozzell, we just need to free him up a bit more. I'm not comparing him to Modric for a second, he's the best playmaker I've ever seen, but an effective Modric relies on a Palacios or Casemiro which we've not managed to establish here.

IF he left one thing I would be adamant about is retaining a sizeable sell on / hope fee so we could participate in any further development. A good season or 2 in the Championship and his value could sky rocket.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 1905 viewsfranz_tyson

If he does go - I wish him luck and hope he goes as high as he can. However, I’ve never seen him control a game of football. Some lovely touches and some wonderful passes, but not enough consistently.
For me, he’s someone you’d have to build a team around. And I don’t think he’s good enough for us to do that or at least not suited to the physical side of this league.
I’m not that bothered if he stays. I’d prefer Downes to stay. If he did go - would we actually be in a position to say we’d miss him? Would we miss his corners/free-kicks? His assists? His goals? It’s all about his potential and I think it’s been over-hyped.
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:46 - Apr 29 with 1893 viewsTieDyedIn95

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:35 - Apr 29 by chicoazul

I have bad news for you; he’s a Spurs fan.

As was his dad, and his Uncle is a regular at Spurs...

I think the last Ipswich supporter to actually play for us was Luke Hyam wasn't it?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:03 - Apr 29 with 1862 viewsBlueBadger

He's a player who's crying out for some decent coaching, structure and properly motivated players around him that's just completed his first full season playing in the first team.

People forget that he's only been a regular really under the worst manager we've ever had(a bloke who, lest we forget, was more interested in talking about Dortmund and Celtic than his job) plus the fella who's come in a couple of months ago to sort out the mess.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 10:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

well put Bakers (n/t) on 10:09 - Apr 29 with 1835 viewsDyland

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:44 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

I would take the link with a big pinch of salt, but if we're to humour it for a second, I do think he's a good footballer. He has bags of technical ability, comfortable in possession, and a very good passer of the ball. He's one of very few at the club that you would say has a ceiling that's far higher than where we are today.

I think he's been utilised terribly this season. It's like we've tried to promote him as a deep lying playmaker type, but without giving him the support or licence to actually play the role effectively. Dozzell has been passive at times, and tends to float in and out of games like a better Kevin Bru. He's had a tendency of going missing for large periods, and if that's the reality of him as a player then perhaps we need to stop trying to change the direction of the wind and instead move our sail and accommodate him accordingly. We've put so much reliance on him from a defensive perspective, largely due to Downes & Skuse being out for so long I imagine, but we've almost looked to him expecting him to be the defensive enforcer of the 2 when partnered with a meek, slender 5ft 6 Teddy Bishop, which just doesn't work. The typical deep lying playmaker is an attacking player that does his damage from a deep position. He's capable of that with his range of passing and ability to beat a man and create space, but he really needs someone next to him to do his dirty work. I think in Cooks system there's a place for Dozzell, we just need to free him up a bit more. I'm not comparing him to Modric for a second, he's the best playmaker I've ever seen, but an effective Modric relies on a Palacios or Casemiro which we've not managed to establish here.

IF he left one thing I would be adamant about is retaining a sizeable sell on / hope fee so we could participate in any further development. A good season or 2 in the Championship and his value could sky rocket.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:30 - Apr 29 with 1784 viewshaynes_toe1

Hmm, who do we trust? Championship level scouts and managers or Paz from Ipswich?
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:32 - Apr 29 with 1778 viewsnoggin

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:30 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

Hmm, who do we trust? Championship level scouts and managers or Paz from Ipswich?

I reckon I'd trust Paz over Paul Hurst.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:36 - Apr 29 with 1763 viewshaynes_toe1

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:32 - Apr 29 by noggin

I reckon I'd trust Paz over Paul Hurst.

Hard to argue that one. Then again i'd probably trust my dog over Hurst.
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 10:43 - Apr 29 with 1746 viewsSWGF

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:44 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

Agree with most of what you've said. I think he'd have been better this season had the three "attacking" midfielders ahead of him in Cook's system had anything about them whatsoever but none of them have; not one. As a result, Dozzell's passing is limited to what's available. He can't create something out of nothing.

Although, with respect to "I think in Cooks system there's a place for Dozzell, we just need to free him up a bit more", I'm not convinced (in the long term) whether he does fit in. Not sure he's the all-action "sitting" midfield two; that, to my mind, is Downes +1. And not sure he's the "no.10" that needs to be nimble, create, score.

Again, taking initial rumours with sacks of salt, he may be better-suited in a better league with better players in a system that better suits him.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 11:15 - Apr 29 with 1665 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:32 - Apr 29 by TieDyedIn95

A Championship club could easily take a punt on Dozzell because they can afford to lose the money if it doesn't work out. He has potential but we're not exactly in a position to keep giving players years and years either given our state. I think it could be good for everyone if he did move for the right opportunity.

Given our new CEO all I would say to fans is don't get attached to anybody. Ashton is a selling Chairman, he buys and sells and makes profit even at the expense of the football. If a silly offer comes in we're going to sell anyone.

Every club is a selling club.

But we wont get a silly offer for Dozzell off the back of an average season in a poor team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 11:17 - Apr 29 with 1652 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:46 - Apr 29 by TieDyedIn95

As was his dad, and his Uncle is a regular at Spurs...

I think the last Ipswich supporter to actually play for us was Luke Hyam wasn't it?

Jack Lankester?
If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 11:33 - Apr 29 with 1624 viewsMaySixth

Good footballer, shame he is not consistent enough.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 11:54 - Apr 29 with 1599 viewssolemio

If Dozz does go, i for one will be a little sad. on 09:29 - Apr 29 by Scuzzer

"clearly has some raw talent "
Hasn't been very clear to me this season.
One of the major factors of why we have consistently under performed this season.
Get shot. Not a player for this league.

I think getting someone to shoot him is a bit extreme.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024