Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. 09:49 - Apr 29 with 2781 viewsTieDyedIn95

“The reality is that our U18s are doing terrifically well, our U23s are doing terrifically well and the first team aren’t very good."

I wonder if he'd have been allowed to communicate in this way had Evans stayed, especially around the time of Season Ticket renewals when Evans was always good at promoting a "better next season" narrative.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 2603 viewshaynes_toe1

Conversely the first team are better than the results we've had under Cook.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:50 - Apr 29 with 2502 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:28 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

I get your point. Cook is rubbish and we’d be in the playoffs with Lambert, the Cowley’s, King King or Attila the Hun etc.

Good enough to be beaten out of sight by relegated Swindon at home? Between November and February we lost 6 of 8 home league games (I’ve ignored Portsmouth reserves trampling all over us in the cup). We did scrape wins against the might of Stunning Shrewsbury and Brilliant Burton. Hurrah!!!

He’s made mistakes and I’m very disappointed there was no bounce following his appointment. However, there are many reasons for that which go beyond our two months in post manager. The team and club has been truly dreadful for years.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:57 - Apr 29 with 2469 viewsBiGDonnie

Was just about to post similar. Cracking line.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 2450 viewsPinewoodblue

Pleasing that the management of the U23/U18’s haven’t allowed the apathy from the first team, including Manager, impact on their area of responsibility.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:08 - Apr 29 with 2405 viewschrismakin

just how are you on here or why even?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:21 - Apr 29 with 2356 viewsTieDyedIn95

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:57 - Apr 29 by BiGDonnie

Was just about to post similar. Cracking line.

My only fear is that expectations will be so high for Cooks new team next season we'll see unrest start to happen and that's exactly the opposite of what we need. It's going to take a while to get this right. Cook has had a shocking start, I am pro-Cook, but can see where problems may begin should we sign a whole new team, the fans be excited and we aren't an instant hit. I am not sure how patient Gamechanger will be given the money they may have to spend to put this right either.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 2298 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:21 - Apr 29 by TieDyedIn95

My only fear is that expectations will be so high for Cooks new team next season we'll see unrest start to happen and that's exactly the opposite of what we need. It's going to take a while to get this right. Cook has had a shocking start, I am pro-Cook, but can see where problems may begin should we sign a whole new team, the fans be excited and we aren't an instant hit. I am not sure how patient Gamechanger will be given the money they may have to spend to put this right either.

I think that's what makes it exciting, PC will have had his list of targets written up as soon as that takeover was confirmed and he was told he was staying. There is nothing better than being able to build your own squad, Lambert, Hurst, both had alot of the previous regimes within theirs, this is the first real opportunity for a major squad reset.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:35 - Apr 29 with 2283 viewsTieDyedIn95

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:32 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

I think that's what makes it exciting, PC will have had his list of targets written up as soon as that takeover was confirmed and he was told he was staying. There is nothing better than being able to build your own squad, Lambert, Hurst, both had alot of the previous regimes within theirs, this is the first real opportunity for a major squad reset.

I agree it's about time but the risk from an expectation point of view is people are expecting the team to do better, and we around 7th -10th by November, given Cooks start there will be a vocal group of people calling for his head. There already is.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 04:49 - Apr 30 with 2054 viewsbobbyramsey

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:21 - Apr 29 by TieDyedIn95

Anything will be an improvement won't it?
It really can't be any worse than what is currently being served up.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 07:26 - Apr 30 with 1845 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:08 - Apr 29 by chrismakin

The world isn't all just cute bunny rabbits and chocolate fella. You'll come across people that disagree with you. Try accepting that.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 07:42 - Apr 30 with 1795 viewsCoastalblue

He's your polar opposite, most people are somewhere between the two of you, welcome Cook, hoping he's succesful and think he deserves a full season.
Many of us also have some reservations about the start he's made, and one or two things he's said.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 08:49 - Apr 30 with 1678 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 07:42 - Apr 30 by Coastalblue

He's your polar opposite, most people are somewhere between the two of you, welcome Cook, hoping he's succesful and think he deserves a full season.
Many of us also have some reservations about the start he's made, and one or two things he's said.

Yes, reservations about start he's made. But honestly? I couldn't give two sh its about the things he's said, It's about time in my opinion.

Most of this lot will be binned off, rightly, so I'm really not too bothered how they feel. A good number of them have been stealing a living from this club for way too long. It will be interesting how many of those released have a club come Christmas and of those who do, how many are regular starters.

Compare this lot to the way Magic, Holland, Butcher, Dyer, Burley, Mogga and others are in love this club, and there's no comparison at all with this lot. Sick of them.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 10:15 - Apr 30 with 1581 viewscharlie_blue

the implication is that they have not developed or the teams have not been prepared to match the structure of the first team. I suspect a huge restructuring of backroom staff in the close season. It also suggests there are distinct factions in the club.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 14:31 - Apr 30 with 1470 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 07:26 - Apr 30 by haynes_toe1

The world isn't all just cute bunny rabbits and chocolate fella. You'll come across people that disagree with you. Try accepting that.

Actually you hadnt disagreed with me as I hadnt posted on this thread until I saw your positive input as usual

My point is. The OP was talking about something that you then jumped into with a reply that didnt have anything to do with the OP.

All for discussions but again I've yet to see you post anything that doesnt have the aim of baiting the posters within a thread.

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 08:30 - May 1 with 1339 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 14:31 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Actually you hadnt disagreed with me as I hadnt posted on this thread until I saw your positive input as usual

My point is. The OP was talking about something that you then jumped into with a reply that didnt have anything to do with the OP.

All for discussions but again I've yet to see you post anything that doesnt have the aim of baiting the posters within a thread.

My point is directly relevant to the OP, can you not read?

The OP is about Cook saying our first team is rubbish.

My point is he is welcome to say that but acknowledge they were less rubbish under the previous manager, and some of them considerably less rubbish under another manager.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:04 - May 1 with 1217 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 08:30 - May 1 by haynes_toe1

My point is directly relevant to the OP, can you not read?

The OP is about Cook saying our first team is rubbish.

My point is he is welcome to say that but acknowledge they were less rubbish under the previous manager, and some of them considerably less rubbish under another manager.

But that wasnt his question. He asked if people thought Evans would have liked the openness of PC so close to season ticket announcements etc.

You ignored the question completely. The OP may even agree with you however his OP wasnt to discuss what people thought about PCs time in charge so far.

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:34 - May 1 with 1157 viewsChrisd

On paper they might be, but football isn't played on paper.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:37 - May 1 with 1146 viewsEnigma_Blue

"I wonder if he'd have been allowed to communicate in this way had Evans stayed, especially around the time of Season Ticket renewals when Evans was always good at promoting a "better next season" narrative."

Even if that were true, it doesn't really need to be said as it pretty obvious to 99% of Town fans the first team is rubbish.
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:39 - May 1 with 1137 viewsreusersfreekicks

He's allowed his viewpoint just as you are all of yours which we hear about with great frequency
Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:39 - May 1 with 1132 viewsJ2BLUE

If Evans was still here half of them would have new deals because there wouldn't be the money or the will to go and find a squad of winners.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:46 - May 1 with 1102 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:39 - May 1 by reusersfreekicks

He's allowed his viewpoint just as you are all of yours which we hear about with great frequency

View points are fine

Online trolls arent

Paul Cook - The first team aren't very good. on 11:50 - May 1 with 1084 viewsElephantintheRoom

Twelve years into visionary ownership committed to a five year plan this is very surprising. It can surely only be the combined managers' faults. And if the current hypocrite means what he says - a lot of these very good youth players will no doubt soon be excelling under his paternal guidance.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024