Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17478 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:01 - May 1 with 307 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:43 - Apr 30 by pistonbroke

Fair comment but what has cook shown that he has the ability to turn it around , he has gobbled off that the squad is to big , but even with a big squad he has taken us backwards , to me he is blaming the players to cover up his own failure , if he was that good we would not be going backwards

If we are the same shambles in October, I’ll agree with you, but not now. I think he’s tried different ways to get them playing but the people in the building are incapable of doing it. Two poor goalkeepers, a poor midfield and zippo upfront. Injury prone, hasbeens, never will be’s, a few promising players, disinterested collection of misfits is how they’ve looked to me.

We were poor and fading fast last season, we were poor all this season bar the odd game. Beaten out of sight 6 in 8 home league games Nov to Jan, the meat of the season. ‘Yeah but we won three games’ I here people say. Yep, Three straight wins, all scraped, one against ten men followed by a hiding at Gillingham four days after Cooks arrival. Whoopee. We have been dreadful for years and any other conclusion is as misplaced as celebrating that we are unbeaten at home under Cook.

There is no way anyone could have got this mob playing. There is nothing there. Do I agree with the repeated public hammerings Cook has dished out? No, it’s not the way I’d have done it, but I can fully understand it. Unlike Lambert, he’s been straight about it and he is the way he is.

Cook has a massive job on his hands. Somebody was always going to have that, but it’s a great opportunity for him. He’s going to have to show a lot of improvement pretty quickly in the autumn too otherwise I suspect he will get jettisoned. And to be honest, even a more patient supporter like me will be steaming in with the size 9’s if there’s no progress.

Cook’s track record says he’s a good manager. Let’s trust him to do the job. I think he’ll be really good for us given a chance.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 14:34]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 14:32 - May 1 with 211 viewsquad

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 29 by Churchman

Wow, I knew he was past it, but I didn’t realise he was playing.

I have not seen anyone call him a revolutionary manager. Please point to somebody who has. For me we have a bloke dropped into a club to manage a load of people who cannot play at league one standard, who can’t stay fit, who are drawing a last pay day, who are cashing in at a level they can’t play at, who are rubbish loanees trying to get fit for their real clubs, who are giving the manager, club and their mates the single digit, who are a few lads with talent lost amongst a sea of dross.

So you and many others want Cook out. Well done. He’s had two months with no means of moving people in or out of the club. Fully justified. It’s like tying a persons hands together and shooting them because they can’t juggle. Yep, that’s fair. Best squad in the league till ‘e got ‘ere. That’ll be the squad trampled over by relegated Swindon at home under Lambert. Interesting view....

Judge him in the autumn at the very earliest. That’s what I’ll be doing and my expectation will be a team, some sort of structure, maybe 11 players who want to be there and are giving 100%. That will get results some point down the line and performances way beyond the dross of goodness knows how many years.

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024