Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17455 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 14:55 - Apr 29 with 2419 viewsRadioOrwell

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 12:34 - Apr 29 by Dubtractor

I guess the difference was that hurst slated a mix of players from Mick's time, who we all knew were hard working players, plus his own signings.

Cook is slating players who have failed at every turn for 3 seasons now.

I do think that Cook has gone over the top a little, but it is hard to disagree with what he says.

Defending those players would seem more and more absurd.
We have all been watching this calamity.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 2400 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Could Ipswich buy out players contracts -where the player isn’t wanted so pc has a clean slate
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:43 - Apr 29 with 2357 viewsbobbyramsey

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 12:36 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

Mental health clearly on counts for people who matter then. The players clearly don’t count so they don’t matter. And before you say this is an over-reaction, how do you think the players will be feeling about this right now? It might not be a concern but even Cook said in the press conference that player’s well-being conducted needs to be taken into account - let me know when he starts doing that.

No, I wouldn’t expect the cushy “couldn’t have asked for more” which became increasingly infuriating under Lambert but more positive talk about fighting for players and showing pride for the shirt may have been the way forward rather than washing their hands of them after the horrific performance at Wimbledon. Can you imagine if Mick did that after his second away match in charge of us? Or the next one where we were thrashed again? And, just to clarify, I had no issues with his outburst immediately after that defeat but he hasn’t let go of it since.

Yes, there are things going on in the background which clearly displeases Cook and I understand that. But I didn’t expect him to be worse than Hurst and Keane combined when it came to this and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Take it in these terms - if a player has a choice between one club and the other at this level, unless he has worked with Cook before, surely the comments could see doubts in his mind about how Cook will act here if things start going wrong next season?

I wonder if the players took PC's mental health into account when they decided to down tools and started to behave like spoilt brats?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:59 - Apr 29 with 2334 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:43 - Apr 29 by bobbyramsey

I wonder if the players took PC's mental health into account when they decided to down tools and started to behave like spoilt brats?

FFS - that’s the worst take I’ve seen on here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:06 - Apr 29 with 2306 viewsbobbyramsey

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:59 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

FFS - that’s the worst take I’ve seen on here

Each to their own.....

And not as daft as the post I quoted....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 16:11]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:12 - Apr 29 with 2278 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:43 - Apr 29 by bobbyramsey

Not even sure your ignorance is enough of an excuse on this one.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:12 - Apr 29 with 2285 viewsAlanG296

Let's face it, they are mostly third division calibre players on second division money, frequently failing to beat third division calibre players on third division money. They know the easy ride is not going to continue and most will struggle to get comparable remuneration elsewhere. Wouldn't expect them to be happy.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:16 - Apr 29 with 2275 viewsSharkey

I'm wondering what John McGreal is making of all this, if he is indeed lined up to come in. I was thinking it's sensible that he stays well clear until the axe has been wielded and starts afresh with those that survive the cull because they're not out of contract.. but then KVY mentioned that he meets him at the training ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:16 - Apr 29 with 2274 viewsbobbyramsey

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:12 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

Not even sure your ignorance is enough of an excuse on this one.

Eh?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 16:22]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:06 - Apr 29 with 2193 viewsLeaky

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 13:11 - Apr 29 by BlueBadger

The difference was, that Hurst was mostly slamming on experienced, solid pros who'd given 100% mainly to buffer against his own incompetence and poor recruitment. Cook is fighting against years of bad management and a rotten club culture that's been allowed to fester over the past three years.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 13:31]

I would say longer than three years more like 10.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:10 - Apr 29 with 2187 viewspointofblue

Why do you think it was daft?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:16 - Apr 29 with 2173 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:33 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

I can’t think why they would want to get him sacked...

To be honest if he was my manager I’d want to be a million miles away from him too.

Bet you are one of those who had been clapping them following the relegation.

Why have you been sticking up for these wasters so rabidly?

If I at my work don't do what my manager is asking me to do I'll get a disciplinary action and may lose the job. That applies to the millions of people too. Not my manager just me who will lose the job. Why has it to be different at Ipswich Town for its employees who represent us on the pitch? Why do they have to be treated differently than other people?

So called professional footballers of Ipswich Tpwn don't like Cook's ways of work. They were even sent home from the training. Therefore number of them are about to lose their jobs.

But it is the managers fault for you, eh? 😆

Ever since the relegation the number of people have been wet-nursing these wasters and slobbering over them. OnE oF tHe bEsT sQuAdS iN tHe lEaGuE. Moreover they are ... mentally shot now according to some

Cook has won a number of promotions while these wasters have been letting us down for years. They didn't like Hurst, they didn't like Lambert and now they don't like Cook. Poor victimized players, eh?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:26 - Apr 29 with 2151 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:33 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

I can’t think why they would want to get him sacked...

To be honest if he was my manager I’d want to be a million miles away from him too.

I agree. As I said before the wasps nest has gone but the house is a burning wreck. I sincerely hope this process works or the Cook disciples will be spitting on the floor. Be careful chaps.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 2135 viewsRadioOrwell

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:26 - Apr 29 by rgp1

I agree. As I said before the wasps nest has gone but the house is a burning wreck. I sincerely hope this process works or the Cook disciples will be spitting on the floor. Be careful chaps.

Be careful ?!?!?!?!

Have you seen the league table lately ?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 2123 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:33 - Apr 29 by RadioOrwell

Be careful ?!?!?!?!

Have you seen the league table lately ?

Yes and this so called revolutionary manager has taken us further down that table.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:43 - Apr 29 with 2105 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:16 - Apr 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bet you are one of those who had been clapping them following the relegation.

Why have you been sticking up for these wasters so rabidly?

If I at my work don't do what my manager is asking me to do I'll get a disciplinary action and may lose the job. That applies to the millions of people too. Not my manager just me who will lose the job. Why has it to be different at Ipswich Town for its employees who represent us on the pitch? Why do they have to be treated differently than other people?

So called professional footballers of Ipswich Tpwn don't like Cook's ways of work. They were even sent home from the training. Therefore number of them are about to lose their jobs.

But it is the managers fault for you, eh? 😆

Ever since the relegation the number of people have been wet-nursing these wasters and slobbering over them. OnE oF tHe bEsT sQuAdS iN tHe lEaGuE. Moreover they are ... mentally shot now according to some

Cook has won a number of promotions while these wasters have been letting us down for years. They didn't like Hurst, they didn't like Lambert and now they don't like Cook. Poor victimized players, eh?

I’m not defending the players exactly; quite frankly Cook can say whatever he wants to them in my mind behind the scenes. It just seems unedifying and unnecessary to have this play out in public. There also seems to be an obsession to blame one entity for our issues ... Evans, Lambert, the players ... rather than accepting that everyone, including Cook, has had their hand in this disaster of the season. One thing I am astonished at is how light has been steered away from our sports science and fitness teams, for example. But as club we’re rotten to the core and this needs to be sorted out by the new owners. Until they’re able to do this I just can’t see the point of the mudslinging.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:12 - Apr 29 with 2074 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:43 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

I’m not defending the players exactly; quite frankly Cook can say whatever he wants to them in my mind behind the scenes. It just seems unedifying and unnecessary to have this play out in public. There also seems to be an obsession to blame one entity for our issues ... Evans, Lambert, the players ... rather than accepting that everyone, including Cook, has had their hand in this disaster of the season. One thing I am astonished at is how light has been steered away from our sports science and fitness teams, for example. But as club we’re rotten to the core and this needs to be sorted out by the new owners. Until they’re able to do this I just can’t see the point of the mudslinging.

In public have these wasters been the showcase of ITFC. They have been embarrassing the club for a long while and now they are damaging the Cook's reputation. Why do they have to be an exception from a public criticism?

Enough is enough. The mood in the dressing room is the same regardless of whether we lose or win as Cook had alluded to. They have to be shamed and embarrassed ! They don't care about us.

Cook doesn't deserve even a dab of criticism. He has to mould his own team.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 29 with 2041 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:38 - Apr 29 by rgp1

Yes and this so called revolutionary manager has taken us further down that table.

Wow, I knew he was past it, but I didn’t realise he was playing.

I have not seen anyone call him a revolutionary manager. Please point to somebody who has. For me we have a bloke dropped into a club to manage a load of people who cannot play at league one standard, who can’t stay fit, who are drawing a last pay day, who are cashing in at a level they can’t play at, who are rubbish loanees trying to get fit for their real clubs, who are giving the manager, club and their mates the single digit, who are a few lads with talent lost amongst a sea of dross.

So you and many others want Cook out. Well done. He’s had two months with no means of moving people in or out of the club. Fully justified. It’s like tying a persons hands together and shooting them because they can’t juggle. Yep, that’s fair. Best squad in the league till ‘e got ‘ere. That’ll be the squad trampled over by relegated Swindon at home under Lambert. Interesting view....

Judge him in the autumn at the very earliest. That’s what I’ll be doing and my expectation will be a team, some sort of structure, maybe 11 players who want to be there and are giving 100%. That will get results some point down the line and performances way beyond the dross of goodness knows how many years.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:44 - Apr 29 with 2026 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:43 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

How on earth you can blame Cook for this disaster of a season is beyond me.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 2001 viewsbluejacko

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 29 by Churchman

I have not seen anyone call him a revolutionary manager. Please point to somebody who has. For me we have a bloke dropped into a club to manage a load of people who cannot play at league one standard, who can’t stay fit, who are drawing a last pay day, who are cashing in at a level they can’t play at, who are rubbish loanees trying to get fit for their real clubs, who are giving the manager, club and their mates the single digit, who are a few lads with talent lost amongst a sea of dross.

So you and many others want Cook out. Well done. He’s had two months with no means of moving people in or out of the club. Fully justified. It’s like tying a persons hands together and shooting them because they can’t juggle. Yep, that’s fair. Best squad in the league till ‘e got ‘ere. That’ll be the squad trampled over by relegated Swindon at home under Lambert. Interesting view....

Judge him in the autumn at the very earliest. That’s what I’ll be doing and my expectation will be a team, some sort of structure, maybe 11 players who want to be there and are giving 100%. That will get results some point down the line and performances way beyond the dross of goodness knows how many years.

You really must stop talking sense😀
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:57 - Apr 29 with 1983 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:12 - Apr 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

In public have these wasters been the showcase of ITFC. They have been embarrassing the club for a long while and now they are damaging the Cook's reputation. Why do they have to be an exception from a public criticism?

Enough is enough. The mood in the dressing room is the same regardless of whether we lose or win as Cook had alluded to. They have to be shamed and embarrassed ! They don't care about us.

We've disagreed in the past Mach, but you are spot on here. We've been blaming managers for years... every one that comes through the door, despite how successful they've previously been, struggles here. I appreciate the managers buy the players... and we have several here from several managers... but none have been bought (and barely coached) by Cook.

He needs more time to get his ideas across and get in players with the right attitude. Now we have investment, hopefully we can get those types of players. We seem to have amassed a huge pile of the wrong sort over the years.

I'm glad Cook's telling it like it is. Some people don't like his honesty but I find it refreshing. The new owners seem honest too. This club has lacked honesty for a long time.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:58 - Apr 29 with 1978 viewsAlanG296

I think the thread title should be "Our manager is utterly shaming our players today".
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:01 - Apr 29 with 1974 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:51 - Apr 29 by bluejacko

You really must stop talking sense😀

Sorry 😃
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 1954 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 29 by Churchman

Spot on. These players ought to be good enough at this level without ANY manager. They're close to breaking the ITFC record for not scoring... but in League 1 FFS.

And they weren't fit enough to complete a double training session so much so they had to be sent home.

If I was a first teamer at ITFC I'd be utterly ashamed.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 1943 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:12 - Apr 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

But are they shamed and embarrassed? What kind of impact is it having? If anything our performances have been going down hill and just getting bogged down more and more.

Cook has written off the season - we've got the message loud and clear from him about them. Repeating it achieves... what exactly?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024