Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17428 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 1974 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:12 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

But are they shamed and embarrassed? What kind of impact is it having? If anything our performances have been going down hill and just getting bogged down more and more.

Cook has written off the season - we've got the message loud and clear from him about them. Repeating it achieves... what exactly?

Its been a pretty defeatist attitude from him as soon as his one way of playing didnt work in the first six games, so its hardly surprising if the players are matching that.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:27 - Apr 29 with 1974 viewsHipsterectomy

im glad im not the only one who doesnt read the div haynes toe posts and just downvotes every post i see

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:28 - Apr 29 with 1972 viewsgtsb1966

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:25 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

Its been a pretty defeatist attitude from him as soon as his one way of playing didnt work in the first six games, so its hardly surprising if the players are matching that.

It's really going to piss you off when we do well next season isn't it.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:33 - Apr 29 with 1938 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:28 - Apr 29 by gtsb1966

I think there has to be some balance here. Did I think/still believe Cook could have done better? Yes. But the majority of those criticising him are not wanting him sacked.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:33 - Apr 29 with 1942 viewsAlanG296

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:12 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

But are they shamed and embarrassed? What kind of impact is it having? If anything our performances have been going down hill and just getting bogged down more and more.

Cook has written off the season - we've got the message loud and clear from him about them. Repeating it achieves... what exactly?

Criticising it whenever he repeats it achieves... what exactly?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:34 - Apr 29 with 1932 viewshaynes_toe1

Nah, ill be delighted and you can all rub it in my face and I still won't be bothered because it'll mean ITFC are doing well.

Sorry for having a different opinion. I must remember some on here arent capable of debate or acknowledgement of different viewpoints.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:39 - Apr 29 with 1926 viewsgtsb1966

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:34 - Apr 29 by haynes_toe1

Nah, ill be delighted and you can all rub it in my face and I still won't be bothered because it'll mean ITFC are doing well.

Sorry for having a different opinion. I must remember some on here arent capable of debate or acknowledgement of different viewpoints.

How about a bit of optimism. New owners, new backroom team and new playing squad and lets see how we do then. All you ever do is moan. You remind me of this character.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 20:40]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 1908 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:33 - Apr 29 by AlanG296

Criticising it whenever he repeats it achieves... what exactly?

He's stops throwing the players under the bus (whilst saying he doesn't do that), I'll stop criticising him doing it.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 1907 viewsRadioOrwell

That he has given them a chance but they - seemingly to a man - have failed to live up to it.
We have needed this clear out to happen for a few years now.

Cook knows how to manage. We know this.
Town fans know what tripe we have been watching.

He's sweeping the room.
[Redacted] on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 1901 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:35 - Apr 29 with 1824 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 12:16 - Apr 29 by Kieran_Knows

He ain't half contradicting himself at times. Again he say's he won't criticise the players ... only then to criticise them.

Just all seems a bit odd to me.

He has done this repeatedly, and I for one, have less respect for him as a result. He can say whatever he wants in private but has been very public, maybe to distract from him getting much less out of them than his predecessor, who was rubbish
Imo he has given himself less wiggle room next season.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:45 - Apr 29 with 1810 viewsArnieM

I suspect Hurst is feeling vindicated now isn’t he.

He wasn’t supported by Marcus Evans

And which players helped to oust him I wonder? Are they the same players trying to do the same to Paul Cook now?

Utterly shameful of these players and damning of their total lack of professionalism and basic honesty . These players have no place at this Club !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:49 - Apr 29 with 1801 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:43 - Apr 29 by bobbyramsey

I wonder if the players took PC's mental health into account when they decided to down tools and started to behave like spoilt brats?

Yeah you know that do you? Or maybe just jumping on the bandwagon and making stuff up.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:51 - Apr 29 with 1795 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:16 - Apr 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bet you are one of those who had been clapping them following the relegation.

Why have you been sticking up for these wasters so rabidly?

If I at my work don't do what my manager is asking me to do I'll get a disciplinary action and may lose the job. That applies to the millions of people too. Not my manager just me who will lose the job. Why has it to be different at Ipswich Town for its employees who represent us on the pitch? Why do they have to be treated differently than other people?

So called professional footballers of Ipswich Tpwn don't like Cook's ways of work. They were even sent home from the training. Therefore number of them are about to lose their jobs.

But it is the managers fault for you, eh? 😆

Ever since the relegation the number of people have been wet-nursing these wasters and slobbering over them. OnE oF tHe bEsT sQuAdS iN tHe lEaGuE. Moreover they are ... mentally shot now according to some

Cook has won a number of promotions while these wasters have been letting us down for years. They didn't like Hurst, they didn't like Lambert and now they don't like Cook. Poor victimized players, eh?

Are you 3 years old?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 1789 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:45 - Apr 29 by ArnieM

I suspect Hurst is feeling vindicated now isn’t he.

He wasn’t supported by Marcus Evans

And which players helped to oust him I wonder? Are they the same players trying to do the same to Paul Cook now?

Utterly shameful of these players and damning of their total lack of professionalism and basic honesty . These players have no place at this Club !

Hurst has just been relegated into the national league, he’s a poor manager who totally screwed up his recruitment.

He spent millions on Jackson, Nolan, Donacien, Nsiala, Harrison and Edwards - have any of them been good signings? Will anyone of them get a second contract?

This is why he was sacked, nothing to do with ‘player power’.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 1789 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:53 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

Hurst has just been relegated into the national league, he’s a poor manager who totally screwed up his recruitment.

He spent millions on Jackson, Nolan, Donacien, Nsiala, Harrison and Edwards - have any of them been good signings? Will anyone of them get a second contract?

Hurst did such a good job at Shrewsbury - what on Earth happened after he left? Failed here, failed at Scunny and then failed in his second spell at Grimsby.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 22:55]

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:58 - Apr 29 with 1781 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:57 - Apr 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

We've disagreed in the past Mach, but you are spot on here. We've been blaming managers for years... every one that comes through the door, despite how successful they've previously been, struggles here. I appreciate the managers buy the players... and we have several here from several managers... but none have been bought (and barely coached) by Cook.

He needs more time to get his ideas across and get in players with the right attitude. Now we have investment, hopefully we can get those types of players. We seem to have amassed a huge pile of the wrong sort over the years.

I'm glad Cook's telling it like it is. Some people don't like his honesty but I find it refreshing. The new owners seem honest too. This club has lacked honesty for a long time.

Honesty like I'm not going to criticise the players and then doing just that? Super honest. All he is doing is protecting himself after taking us down the table
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:01 - Apr 29 with 1764 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:55 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

Hurst did such a good job at Shrewsbury - what on Earth happened after he left? Failed here, failed at Scunny and then failed in his second spell at Grimsby.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 22:55]

He took a terrible approach here and has seemingly lost confident, I don’t think he’s done that badly at Grimsby this year as club a state and he’ll likely not be sacked. But he’s a small club manager

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:02 - Apr 29 with 1767 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:33 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

I think there has to be some balance here. Did I think/still believe Cook could have done better? Yes. But the majority of those criticising him are not wanting him sacked.

Precisely, but people like following the herd and at the moment the herd says Cook can do no wrong and all the players are beyond redemption
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:03 - Apr 29 with 1755 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:02 - Apr 29 by reusersfreekicks

Precisely, but people like following the herd and at the moment the herd says Cook can do no wrong and all the players are beyond redemption

And if you disagree with that at all then it means you want Cook sacked today

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:11 - Apr 29 with 1732 viewsPJH

If we don't do well next season I would think that some Americans might be a bit pissed off.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:13 - Apr 29 with 1723 viewsPJH

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:53 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

Yeah I was just going to post that you only need to see how Hurst's career has blossomed since here to see how good he is at management.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:59 - Apr 29 with 1674 viewsThe_Major

Christmas 1994. In comes George Burley to a team hopelessly adrift and bereft of ideas. Whilst admittedly we do win three more games by the end of the season, we do go down with barely a whimper, go weeks without scoring, and of course, 9-0.

But because he hadn't managed a turn around, before he had a chance to tear that squad to bits, he should have been given the boot, is that what people are saying?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:03 - Apr 29 with 1669 viewsAlanG296

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:46 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

He's stops throwing the players under the bus (whilst saying he doesn't do that), I'll stop criticising him doing it.

Well hope he keeps saying it so you can keep wasting your time pointlessly criticising it.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 1667 viewsAlanG296

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:59 - Apr 29 by The_Major

Christmas 1994. In comes George Burley to a team hopelessly adrift and bereft of ideas. Whilst admittedly we do win three more games by the end of the season, we do go down with barely a whimper, go weeks without scoring, and of course, 9-0.

But because he hadn't managed a turn around, before he had a chance to tear that squad to bits, he should have been given the boot, is that what people are saying?

Excellent post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024