Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17465 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:08 - Apr 29 with 1415 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:59 - Apr 29 by The_Major

Christmas 1994. In comes George Burley to a team hopelessly adrift and bereft of ideas. Whilst admittedly we do win three more games by the end of the season, we do go down with barely a whimper, go weeks without scoring, and of course, 9-0.

But because he hadn't managed a turn around, before he had a chance to tear that squad to bits, he should have been given the boot, is that what people are saying?

Show me where the majority who are saying they expected Cook to do better are also calling for his head?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:15 - Apr 29 with 1401 viewsreusersfreekicks

Christmas 1994. In comes George Burley to a team hopelessly adrift and bereft of ideas. Whilst admittedly we do win three more games by the end of the season, we do go down with barely a whimper, go weeks without scoring, and of course, 9-0.

But because he hadn't managed a turn around, before he had a chance to tear that squad to bits, he should have been given the boot, is that what people are saying?

Did Burley slag them off publicly? Nope. Has anyone said Cook should be sacked? Nope? Yet more hyperbole from the herd
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:17 - Apr 29 with 1391 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:33 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

I think there has to be some balance here. Did I think/still believe Cook could have done better? Yes. But the majority of those criticising him are not wanting him sacked.

Agreed 100 per cent whether we like it or not cook is here next season. What I don't want from him is to constantly air the dirty linen in public. What he has to remember is that released players may air their dirty linen when they leave. As we know there is always 2 sides to a story.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:58 - Apr 29 with 1326 viewsGeomorph

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:17 - Apr 29 by rgp1

Agreed 100 per cent whether we like it or not cook is here next season. What I don't want from him is to constantly air the dirty linen in public. What he has to remember is that released players may air their dirty linen when they leave. As we know there is always 2 sides to a story.

I’d much rather hear what our manager truly thinks than ‘couldn’ae ask for more.. fantastic’ etc when it’s clearly bs
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:58 - Apr 29 with 1325 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:57 - Apr 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

We've disagreed in the past Mach, but you are spot on here. We've been blaming managers for years... every one that comes through the door, despite how successful they've previously been, struggles here. I appreciate the managers buy the players... and we have several here from several managers... but none have been bought (and barely coached) by Cook.

He needs more time to get his ideas across and get in players with the right attitude. Now we have investment, hopefully we can get those types of players. We seem to have amassed a huge pile of the wrong sort over the years.

I'm glad Cook's telling it like it is. Some people don't like his honesty but I find it refreshing. The new owners seem honest too. This club has lacked honesty for a long time.

Yep quite unusual for us to have agreed on something but we all want the best for the club regardless of opinions.

Some people have been saying about the lack of new managers bounce. Normally their disappointment would have been understandable. But the circumstances at ITFC are far from normal. For the remainder of the season Cook has to work with the Evans legacy that is bunch unmotivated wasters who have been to the easy life. Easy payday, not demanding owner in Evans, no pressure, win or lose all will be fine as we're only Ipswich etc etc.

Now we have got the new owners who will demand a progress and success so will Cook. A new culture is going to set in and ... the players don't want to work harder as they have been used to the easy life at ITFC. They don't like the new regime.

These wasters have been cuddled and wet-nursed by some fans for a long while and it's always been the manager that was slated by the number of people. They have been blaming every single manager for years as you have said.

Now thesw people have a cheek to slate Cook over what has happened since he's been here. Cook the qualified manager who has won THREE PROMOTIONS and bunch of disinterested so called professional footballers of ITFC. It is Cook who does deserve our 100% support not them players.

Normally when the football season is about to finish we usually say: 'I am gonna miss football for the next three months'. But from my personal point of view never have I been so excited about the end of the season. The final whistle of the Fleetwood game will begin a new era for us and massive exodus. Hope that Cook won't even say 'thank you' to them as they don't even deserve that. Then it's gonna be followed by the arrival of new signings and proper start of the Cook era.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 00:05 - Apr 30 with 1316 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:12 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

But are they shamed and embarrassed? What kind of impact is it having? If anything our performances have been going down hill and just getting bogged down more and more.

Cook has written off the season - we've got the message loud and clear from him about them. Repeating it achieves... what exactly?

So do you suggest they need further cuddling or Cook has to fawn over them.

Again, why do you defend them so rabidly? You have previously said you don't but you do.

Also again, why do ITFC players have to be treated differently than other people? Myself and millions of other people would be sacked from our jobs if we were underperforming. Why do ITFC wasters deserve a different treatment?

Repeating it achieves... what exactly? Just a reminder who they are. The wasters who have been letting us down for years ! And I hope Cook will keep doing so.

You will about for a tough day for yourself on the afternoon of 9th May or the following day when plenty of these wasters will have been told to go.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 0:07]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:16 - Apr 30 with 1163 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:08 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

Show me where the majority who are saying they expected Cook to do better are also calling for his head?

You and a couple of others have stopped short of calling for his head, because you know that really would look stupid so early into a proven-successful manager's career here. But you are trying to undermine him and scream about how unhappy you are in every other way. What is it you want?

Is it simply to say "I was right" or "I saw it first" if Cook does eventually get sacked? Because other than that I really don't see what your bleating achieves.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:33 - Apr 30 with 1146 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:16 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

You and a couple of others have stopped short of calling for his head, because you know that really would look stupid so early into a proven-successful manager's career here. But you are trying to undermine him and scream about how unhappy you are in every other way. What is it you want?

Is it simply to say "I was right" or "I saw it first" if Cook does eventually get sacked? Because other than that I really don't see what your bleating achieves.

It's pretty obvious thst a minority on here, myself included, are less than happy with Cooks record here and his continual public slagging off of the players. Then posters such as yourself in the majority, who see it all black and white that Cook can do no wrong and every player is a waster who doesn't care, think we are undermining him or wanting him to be sacked. That is not true, we just our own minds and choose not to joint the herd who seem to want some kind of repeated ritual humiliation for all the players. Very disappointing imo
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 1129 viewsgordon

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:16 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

And what do you think Cook's bleating has achieved? :)
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:57 - Apr 30 with 1107 viewsPinewoodblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:44 - Apr 30 by gordon

We will find out tomorrow.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:06 - Apr 30 with 1080 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:57 - Apr 30 by Pinewoodblue

Haven’t we found out already?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:10 - Apr 30 with 1066 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:33 - Apr 30 by reusersfreekicks

It's pretty obvious thst a minority on here, myself included, are less than happy with Cooks record here and his continual public slagging off of the players. Then posters such as yourself in the majority, who see it all black and white that Cook can do no wrong and every player is a waster who doesn't care, think we are undermining him or wanting him to be sacked. That is not true, we just our own minds and choose not to joint the herd who seem to want some kind of repeated ritual humiliation for all the players. Very disappointing imo

LOL. I love how you say I see it in black and white and then go on to say in my eyes Cook can do no wrong and every player is a waster who doesn't care. Irony's lost on you.

I own my mind too and am not following a herd. I simply think the manager has been in far too short a time to be judged as critically as a few of you are. This team has been failing for years and will take time to change it (particularly when you've had little time to train and no ability to get in new players).

It's not following a herd to appreciate a bit of patience is needed and change isn't necessarily immediate.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 1054 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:57 - Apr 30 by Pinewoodblue

We've been given a rough idea in the prior 12 games, and the answer is to make us worse.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 1060 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 09:44 - Apr 30 by gordon

It's told us a few home truths. And I much prefer it to the "everything' great" nonsense Lambert continuously came out with. It's funny how everyone bemoaned his constant lying then when someone comes in and tells the truth some don't like it!

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:14 - Apr 30 with 1052 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 00:05 - Apr 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

So do you suggest they need further cuddling or Cook has to fawn over them.

Again, why do you defend them so rabidly? You have previously said you don't but you do.

Also again, why do ITFC players have to be treated differently than other people? Myself and millions of other people would be sacked from our jobs if we were underperforming. Why do ITFC wasters deserve a different treatment?

Repeating it achieves... what exactly? Just a reminder who they are. The wasters who have been letting us down for years ! And I hope Cook will keep doing so.

You will about for a tough day for yourself on the afternoon of 9th May or the following day when plenty of these wasters will have been told to go.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 0:07]

I can’t wait for 9th May because it’ll be a fresh start for the club which is desperately needed and, despite saying I do not like Cook’s approach in the media, most of these players need to go.

I’ve given up judging Cook on what is happening on the pitch because there is little point now until Christmas at the earliest. I hope he does well, even though I know how some will round on me at every opportunity if he does, because all I want is for Ipswich Town as a club to succeed. I don’t want my doubts about his approach off the pitch to be right because it’ll mean all this is for nought and we could be looking at a fourth season in League One.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 10:16]

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:15 - Apr 30 with 1053 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:13 - Apr 30 by haynes_toe1

We've been given a rough idea in the prior 12 games, and the answer is to make us worse.

So he came in slagging the players off in his first game did he?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:26 - Apr 30 with 1026 viewstractorboy1978

This season has just been a completely perfect (or rather imperfect) storm for me. You could have a 6 part TV drama series on the goings on at this club over the past year.

We had a sustained run of appalling form last season, the season ended early and the players were sent away for a long summer with virtually no contact from the management team and armed with nothing in the way of a fitness programme. We've (and certain players in particular) been playing catch up since day 1 fitness wise and should it be any shock that poorly conditioned players continue to pick up injuries?

The negativity off the pitch has been unparalleled - we've had protests, discontent, fans abusing players on social media. And that is before we get to COVID and all that has brought for fans and for players.

Cook has come into an unmotivated, unfit side that cannot do what he wants them to do. I agree his criticism at times has perhaps been a touch over the top but we've all watched this side for the entirety of this season and lets be honest, bar a handful of games, it has been absolute toilet hasn't it? We play with no intensity, no confidence, no belief and no heart.

The takeover stuff has been another off pitch distraction.

Then you've got the contract situation. Say what you like but all of us would at least partially mentally be in summer holiday mode right now if we knew we weren't getting a deal. A lot of these players don't want to be here and they haven't for some time.

I think people need to stop taking any notice of what is going on right now and stop judging the manager on a situation he has inherited. Next season will look totally different on and off the pitch and there is a lot to be excited about. Enjoy restrictions being lifted, having a few beers and watching the changes happen!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 10:31]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:35 - Apr 30 with 1005 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:13 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's told us a few home truths. And I much prefer it to the "everything' great" nonsense Lambert continuously came out with. It's funny how everyone bemoaned his constant lying then when someone comes in and tells the truth some don't like it!

There is a big gap between Lambert's bs and Cook's repeated public slagging of off the players. You seem to imply they are the only 2 options, which, of course, is not the case
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:11 - Apr 30 with 970 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:15 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

So he came in slagging the players off in his first game did he?

Oh no, Cook was poor at motivating the team way before he started slagging them off. Slagging them off has just made it even worse.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:15 - Apr 30 with 972 viewshype313

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:11 - Apr 30 by haynes_toe1

Oh no, Cook was poor at motivating the team way before he started slagging them off. Slagging them off has just made it even worse.

Some comments today are absolute gold.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:17 - Apr 30 with 972 viewsTieDyedIn95

Although I must correct some people. Burley hardly tore apart the squad in fact he used much of what we already had on the books towards the end of the season and after more effectively.

Richard Wright, Tony Vaughan, Adam Tanner, Richard Naylor and James Scowcroft were in Lyall's squad. Taricco was also already there. Burley still routinely picked "Lyall" stalwarts in Forrest, Wark, Milton, Williams, Mason, Marshall, Sedgeley, Stockwell and co the season after as well. The players he did bring in such as Uhlenbeek, Mathie and Petta a little later more or less complimented what he had, he didn't by any means rip the team up as many of the same players were still with us until 1998 and beyond!

Players that were moved on were Paz, Linighan, Yallop and Guntchev. It was hardly a radical reshuffle.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 12:23 - Apr 30 with 926 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:17 - Apr 30 by TieDyedIn95

Although I must correct some people. Burley hardly tore apart the squad in fact he used much of what we already had on the books towards the end of the season and after more effectively.

Richard Wright, Tony Vaughan, Adam Tanner, Richard Naylor and James Scowcroft were in Lyall's squad. Taricco was also already there. Burley still routinely picked "Lyall" stalwarts in Forrest, Wark, Milton, Williams, Mason, Marshall, Sedgeley, Stockwell and co the season after as well. The players he did bring in such as Uhlenbeek, Mathie and Petta a little later more or less complimented what he had, he didn't by any means rip the team up as many of the same players were still with us until 1998 and beyond!

Players that were moved on were Paz, Linighan, Yallop and Guntchev. It was hardly a radical reshuffle.

And also there was no expectation for Burley to come in and keep us up, we should have gone down the year before and we’re simply nowhere near good enough for the division

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 14:05 - Apr 30 with 825 viewsTieDyedIn95

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 12:23 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

And also there was no expectation for Burley to come in and keep us up, we should have gone down the year before and we’re simply nowhere near good enough for the division

We knew it was over when they announced that there would be 5 relegation spots that season to help Manchester United keep their squad fit with less games the following season...

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:44 - Apr 30 with 778 viewsgordon

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:13 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

The job of a football manager is to win football games though, isn't it?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:47 - Apr 30 with 765 viewsPJH

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:44 - Apr 30 by gordon

The job of a football manager is to win football games though, isn't it?

Some do it better than others though.

I think it will not be a very happy coach journey for anyone to and from Swindon or next Tuesday either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024