Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17312 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:49 - Apr 30 with 868 viewsgordon

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:45 - Apr 29 by ArnieM

I suspect Hurst is feeling vindicated now isn’t he.

He wasn’t supported by Marcus Evans

And which players helped to oust him I wonder? Are they the same players trying to do the same to Paul Cook now?

Utterly shameful of these players and damning of their total lack of professionalism and basic honesty . These players have no place at this Club !

Which players are these that you say ousted Hurst and are trying to oust Cook?
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:04 - Apr 30 with 842 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:49 - Apr 30 by gordon

Which players are these that you say ousted Hurst and are trying to oust Cook?

I personally find is suspect that chambers and skuse arranged player meetings after games.

It was said after Hurst left they were doing post game info meetings. But flip it the other way and you've got senior players holding meetings behind the managers backs...

It's a difficult one really. It can be seen as a good thing but likewise it can be seen as negative.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 825 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 10:35 - Apr 30 by reusersfreekicks

There is a big gap between Lambert's bs and Cook's repeated public slagging of off the players. You seem to imply they are the only 2 options, which, of course, is not the case

I haven't implied anything, I've just said which I prefer. At the end of the day, Cook is asked these questions by the local press. It's not like he's ringing them up and telling them how sh!t the team is. He's asked, he answers (truthfully).

He's tried being nice. Do you actually want the vague manager-speak platitudes most of them come out with?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:22 - Apr 30 with 820 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 11:11 - Apr 30 by haynes_toe1

Oh no, Cook was poor at motivating the team way before he started slagging them off. Slagging them off has just made it even worse.

The discussion was what his bleating had achieved and you said "We've been given a rough idea in the prior 12 games." So do you admit now that you were talking nonsense again, because he hasn't been "bleating" right from the start?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:25 - Apr 30 with 816 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 15:44 - Apr 30 by gordon

The job of a football manager is to win football games though, isn't it?

If you're looking at it in black and white terms with no context whatsoever, then yes.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:26 - Apr 30 with 814 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:19 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

I haven't implied anything, I've just said which I prefer. At the end of the day, Cook is asked these questions by the local press. It's not like he's ringing them up and telling them how sh!t the team is. He's asked, he answers (truthfully).

He's tried being nice. Do you actually want the vague manager-speak platitudes most of them come out with?

Based on how PC has always conducted himself in all of his previous roles. There must be some serious player issues for him to be this strong about things. Almost like he has taken it personally.

We dont know what goes on and this may sound stupid but it is me.

But I remember watching 'dream team's yes a made up programme however alot of the story lines involved true life events from various clubs.. ignoring the murders etc for viewing effect.

But there was one series which concentrated on a squad who did everything they could to get the new manager sacked. Now. Let's be honest since day 1 of PC going in we have not seen anything from the players... for someone so successful as a manager its been very bizarre for him to have had 0 effect on results since walking through the door.

It really does make me think and why he us so open about the lack of care etc is because he feels personally attacked by the players behind the scenes.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:28 - Apr 30 with 802 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:26 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Based on how PC has always conducted himself in all of his previous roles. There must be some serious player issues for him to be this strong about things. Almost like he has taken it personally.

We dont know what goes on and this may sound stupid but it is me.

But I remember watching 'dream team's yes a made up programme however alot of the story lines involved true life events from various clubs.. ignoring the murders etc for viewing effect.

But there was one series which concentrated on a squad who did everything they could to get the new manager sacked. Now. Let's be honest since day 1 of PC going in we have not seen anything from the players... for someone so successful as a manager its been very bizarre for him to have had 0 effect on results since walking through the door.

It really does make me think and why he us so open about the lack of care etc is because he feels personally attacked by the players behind the scenes.

I think it's pushing it to suggest the players are trying to get him sacked. Why would they? I just think they're not very good/fit and have checked out because they know they won't be here in a couple of weeks. I don't think you need to look any further than that.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:30 - Apr 30 with 791 viewshype313

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:28 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think it's pushing it to suggest the players are trying to get him sacked. Why would they? I just think they're not very good/fit and have checked out because they know they won't be here in a couple of weeks. I don't think you need to look any further than that.

Agree, and even if they have got others sacked to protect their status, that road has now run out.

About time too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:50 - Apr 30 with 753 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:04 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I personally find is suspect that chambers and skuse arranged player meetings after games.

It was said after Hurst left they were doing post game info meetings. But flip it the other way and you've got senior players holding meetings behind the managers backs...

It's a difficult one really. It can be seen as a good thing but likewise it can be seen as negative.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:27 - Apr 30 with 712 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:50 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

If 2 + 2 = 108

Things were dreadful under Hurst, even Bryan Klug was telling people he drive up to the gate in the morning and wanted to carry on driving rather than come to work

Evans ended up going over the managers head to bring in Pennington and Walters ahead of further L1 and L2 players that Hurst brought in

Bart signed a bumper new deal after 3 POTY in a row and then Hurst told him he had to earn his place again after reporting late after being at World Cup, the same as he made a public point calling out Knudsen before he’d even spoken to him.....

There was so much wrong in so few weeks, putting aside how terrible the recruitment was this rewrite of history to suggest Hurst was anything other than a complete disaster is baffling.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:34 - Apr 30 with 699 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:27 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

If 2 + 2 = 108

Things were dreadful under Hurst, even Bryan Klug was telling people he drive up to the gate in the morning and wanted to carry on driving rather than come to work

Evans ended up going over the managers head to bring in Pennington and Walters ahead of further L1 and L2 players that Hurst brought in

Bart signed a bumper new deal after 3 POTY in a row and then Hurst told him he had to earn his place again after reporting late after being at World Cup, the same as he made a public point calling out Knudsen before he’d even spoken to him.....

There was so much wrong in so few weeks, putting aside how terrible the recruitment was this rewrite of history to suggest Hurst was anything other than a complete disaster is baffling.

I dont see anyone saying he wasn't anything but a failure,

the point from the poster in response to my comment was that the players got together to raise their points.

We;ve already seen that Klug prefers a softy softy manager, he left when Keane came in, perhaps he doesn't do straight talking? is that possible, genuine question - that's not a negative, different people prefer different methods

I dont like how Hurst treated Bart, howver its not the first time i've heard about a manager trying to stamp his authority, perhaps thats the issue, if youre not friends with the players you are an enemy and PC has sadly fallen into that trap?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 17:37]

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:43 - Apr 30 with 683 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:28 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Sorry, didnt explain myself, it wasn't a case of our lot trying to get PC sacked as new owners etc anyway, but more of how simple it is for a playing squad to stick 2 fingers up and refuse to give their all when they dont want to.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:45 - Apr 30 with 676 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:34 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I dont see anyone saying he wasn't anything but a failure,

the point from the poster in response to my comment was that the players got together to raise their points.

We;ve already seen that Klug prefers a softy softy manager, he left when Keane came in, perhaps he doesn't do straight talking? is that possible, genuine question - that's not a negative, different people prefer different methods

I dont like how Hurst treated Bart, howver its not the first time i've heard about a manager trying to stamp his authority, perhaps thats the issue, if youre not friends with the players you are an enemy and PC has sadly fallen into that trap?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 17:37]

The difference with Hurst was he tried to stamp authority on players he couldn’t - like Bart for example who just signed a big contract. That approach is fine in lower leagues, or this season, because you can replace squad in a summer as shorter term deals.

But I keep seeing this revisionism that Hurst failed because the senior players ousted him, they don’t speak to Evans unless spoken to - they don’t have a direct line like some seem to think

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 18:55 - Apr 30 with 627 viewsbluejacko

It’s really not rocket science is it, these players have failed to respond to the new managers regime! Either because they won’t or are incapable of excepting change. How this is Cooks fault is beyond me! He has tried various methods to get them to respond and they have refused to play ball.
It is no wonder Cook has finally had enough and called them out.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:32 - Apr 30 with 592 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 17:27 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

If 2 + 2 = 108

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 30 with 584 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:32 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

The players are obviously part of the problem, it’s why we are where we are to an extent.

But so much damage was done to the club in Hursts 4 months here, Lambert was working with one hand behind his back - but then chucked the towel in after Covid break when he stopped speaking to the players.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:19 - Apr 30 with 544 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 19:35 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

The players are obviously part of the problem, it’s why we are where we are to an extent.

But so much damage was done to the club in Hursts 4 months here, Lambert was working with one hand behind his back - but then chucked the towel in after Covid break when he stopped speaking to the players.

Totally agree.

And it's also why Cook's job is so difficult.

I've been very surprised to see your lack of patience Joe. You know Cook (or indeed anyone) has a hell of a job here. The club's rotten, it will take time to fix, and the new owners couldn't have come soon enough.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 532 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:19 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Totally agree.

I've been very surprised to see your lack of patience Joe. You know Cook (or indeed anyone) has a hell of a job here. The club's rotten, it will take time to fix, and the new owners couldn't have come soon enough.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 532 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:19 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Totally agree.

It’s not so much a lack of patience, it’s just a massive disappointment at just quite how badly things have gone. I wasn’t expecting him to win every game, but thought he’d keep us there or thereabouts for top 6, and starting to look a bit better.

I expected more, and personally I don’t like the comments he’s making about it all. I am looking forward to the summer and next season, but feel Cook has made things more difficult for himself

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:31 - Apr 30 with 515 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

Gutted I forgot about it. Started cooking at 5 (by which I mean I cycled to the Co-Op to get wine).

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 501 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:31 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Gutted I forgot about it. Started cooking at 5 (by which I mean I cycled to the Co-Op to get wine).

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:39 - Apr 30 with 494 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

It’s not so much a lack of patience, it’s just a massive disappointment at just quite how badly things have gone. I wasn’t expecting him to win every game, but thought he’d keep us there or thereabouts for top 6, and starting to look a bit better.

I expected more, and personally I don’t like the comments he’s making about it all. I am looking forward to the summer and next season, but feel Cook has made things more difficult for himself

I think he's just been honest. Maybe a little too honest. But as I said above, I'd rather the honesty than the downright lies Lambert was feeding us.

I hoped for more... but I didn't expect it. Once you have rot set in it's very hard to fix it. I think this team reached a low, and unfortunately Cook's come in at that very lowest point. I think the fact there was no bounce is a reflection of years of downward spiral rather than anything Cook's done.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:45 - Apr 30 with 469 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:36 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

Yeah but it's very encouraging for the future.

Thanks, really appreciate hearing something good about ITFC on the pitch. I hope there's more of that for your son in the future.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 463 viewspatrickswell

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

Cook came in talking about going for the top 2 and the squad, by and large, didn't want to care because it would mean trying a bit harder than the "just about enough" that too many have put in over the last year. That could be because they're mentally weary after the last few years, but I think that combined with things like the aborted double training session flabbergasted Cook. And there's the rub, I think - Cook also expected to be there or thereabouts...and none of them have done anything to help him or us get there.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:53 - Apr 30 with 454 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:47 - Apr 30 by patrickswell

Cook came in talking about going for the top 2 and the squad, by and large, didn't want to care because it would mean trying a bit harder than the "just about enough" that too many have put in over the last year. That could be because they're mentally weary after the last few years, but I think that combined with things like the aborted double training session flabbergasted Cook. And there's the rub, I think - Cook also expected to be there or thereabouts...and none of them have done anything to help him or us get there.

It's astonishing that they had to be sent home because they couldn't handle Cook's training. These are professional athletes. I think that tells you all you need to know. I'm not surprised he's shocked/furious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024