Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives from this Season 16:15 - Apr 29 with 2239 viewsBeyriey

Here me out, but surely Toto Nsiala's consistency has been one of the few positives to take from this season? He's been a quiet workhorse, hasn't done too many wrong. He's a player I'd keep for next season, even if he becomes a backup.
Positives from this Season on 16:17 - Apr 29 with 1972 viewshype313

I called it at the beginning of the season and got pelters.

Nsiala by hype313 19 Aug 2020 17:13
I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Anyone agree, or are most happy to bin him off?

To be fair, it's the only time in my life I have been remotely right.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Positives from this Season on 16:25 - Apr 29 with 1925 viewsSteve_M

I'm not convinced, he still dives into to too many tackles (Lincoln away, Peterborough home) and once his head goes in a game he's all over the place (Doncaster, Wimbledon away).

He's been alright this season, not sure he's more than a reserve in a good League 1 side though. And for what we paid for him then I don't think that's enough.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Positives from this Season on 16:28 - Apr 29 with 1907 viewsclive_baker

Inclined to agree. He's an average L1 footballer IMO, and 12th in the 3rd tier is about his level. He's prone to the odd balls up, but who isn't at this level. Generally speaking he's been decent this season, in a defence that's seen far too much of the ball. It says a lot about our squad that he's one of only a handful that I would give another year to, as a handy enough sub.

Cornell (back up), Toto (back up), Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, KVY.

Lankester & Nydam probably worth a year given they're still young. That's it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Positives from this Season on 16:28 - Apr 29 with 1907 viewsJ2BLUE

Positives from this Season on 16:17 - Apr 29 by hype313

I called it at the beginning of the season and got pelters.

Nsiala by hype313 19 Aug 2020 17:13
I actually think there is a player in there, happy to be shot down, but I think if he can get some confidence he could do a job for us this season.

Anyone agree, or are most happy to bin him off?

To be fair, it's the only time in my life I have been remotely right.

I think he's good enough. Even last season the defence wasn't the problem really. I know he was loaned out but I think he's harshly criticised.

With that said would I offer him a new deal? Sure if he'll take one year. Don't really want him in the Championship if we were to go up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Positives from this Season on 16:29 - Apr 29 with 1896 viewsSpruceMoose

In many ways I feel that this season has been the most positive for a decade.

New owners. New opportunities. Imminent squad overhaul. A tarted up Portman Road on the horizon. A straight talking manager with a history of success. The end of the Evans and, hopefully, the banter eras.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to next season more than I've looked forward to any of the last ten.

Obviously the actual football has seriously damaged my retinas and weekend/midweek happiness levels though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Positives from this Season on 16:29 - Apr 29 with 1901 viewsCoco

yes, looks every inch the mid-table division 3 defender we hoped he would be. He and Wilson could really help us cement true mediocrity next season with a bit of luck.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Positives from this Season on 16:31 - Apr 29 with 1885 viewshype313

Positives from this Season on 16:28 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

I think he's good enough. Even last season the defence wasn't the problem really. I know he was loaned out but I think he's harshly criticised.

With that said would I offer him a new deal? Sure if he'll take one year. Don't really want him in the Championship if we were to go up.

Yep agreed, I'd be happy to have him and and around in League One, get to the Championship and then look for more quality.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Positives from this Season on 16:31 - Apr 29 with 1884 viewsBeyriey

Positives from this Season on 16:25 - Apr 29 by Steve_M

I'm not convinced, he still dives into to too many tackles (Lincoln away, Peterborough home) and once his head goes in a game he's all over the place (Doncaster, Wimbledon away).

He's been alright this season, not sure he's more than a reserve in a good League 1 side though. And for what we paid for him then I don't think that's enough.

He's very prone to a mistake. Most defenders at this level are, though last season he committed himself to too many risky tackles. Whereas last season his mistakes stood out, I feel as though he's improved this season. Maybe that's more or less saying something about our squad!
Login to get fewer ads

Positives from this Season on 16:34 - Apr 29 with 1851 viewsFreddies_Ears

Hasn't he played for Cook before? He seems a lot better since Cook arrived, less prone to giving penalties away, at least!
Positives from this Season on 16:43 - Apr 29 with 1827 viewsjayessess

Flip side, he's the only defender in our team that gets you need to defend aggressively to put forwards under pressure. We're often far too passive letting the other team hold the ball up.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 16:53]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Positives from this Season on 16:50 - Apr 29 with 1790 viewsSteve_M

Positives from this Season on 16:43 - Apr 29 by jayessess

Flip side, he's the only defender in our team that gets you need to defend aggressively to put forwards under pressure. We're often far too passive letting the other team hold the ball up.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 16:53]

Yep, and his physicality should be an asset. It's just getting the judgement right so it isn't a liability.

Positives from this Season on 16:53 - Apr 29 with 1770 viewsSteve_M

Positives from this Season on 16:31 - Apr 29 by Beyriey

He's very prone to a mistake. Most defenders at this level are, though last season he committed himself to too many risky tackles. Whereas last season his mistakes stood out, I feel as though he's improved this season. Maybe that's more or less saying something about our squad!

Last season he played about three times, was taken off at half-time in two of those games to avoid getting sent off and gave away two penalties. So, he's definitely been better than that.

I like Toto and he's looked fine in our better spells. If Cook wants to keep him then I'm fine with it but just not convinced - and after three years I really should have seen more.

It's also good to look at some positives from the season, I'm bored of reading about how everyone is crap so nice that you've started this thread.

Positives from this Season on 17:11 - Apr 29 with 1739 viewsjayessess

Positives for me, in order:

Marcus Evans and Paul Lambert out of the club.
U18s having a good season.
Tristan Nydam and Kane Vincent-Young's returns to fitness.
Even with their inconsistency, Teddy Bishop and Dozzell both completing ~40 games after their injury troubles. Hopefully they kick on next season with a proper Paul Cook pre-season and a more functional squad around them!
Myles Kenlock's decent run of games after all the criticism he got.
Woolfenden's return to the first XI late in the season and, again, the hope that with a Paul Cook pre-season and more balanced partnership, we'll get to see better from him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Positives from this Season on 17:12 - Apr 29 with 1733 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Positives from this Season on 17:16 - Apr 29 with 1718 viewsIllinoisblue

Our “we did a few goals at Blackpool that one time” trophy is looking good. Nobody can take that away from us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Positives from this Season on 17:19 - Apr 29 with 1711 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's Jekyll & Hyde. He can be an absolute beast when defending stuff in front of him, especially balls in the box. I haven't seen any stats but I reckon he's one of the best in the league at aerial duels.

Turn him around though and he can get the collywobbles.

I think he's far from our biggest problem, a pretty decent old fashioned centre half. I'd certainly keep him. Our defense really hasn't been that bad; the way we've defended as a team at times has been excellent (a few wobbles lately). Even Lambert had us in a good defensive shape through the defence & midfield. It's the only thing that's stood out for me this season as a strength. It's on the ball where we've been sorely lacking.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Positives from this Season on 17:47 - Apr 29 with 1635 viewsWickets

Positives from this Season on 16:29 - Apr 29 by Coco

yes, looks every inch the mid-table division 3 defender we hoped he would be. He and Wilson could really help us cement true mediocrity next season with a bit of luck.

I dont rate him either , if he gets it right its more by luck than judgement .
Positives from this Season on 17:50 - Apr 29 with 1626 viewsGarv

Bear in mind he doesn't give away a foul every time he dives into a tackle. Some players wouldn't try and make the tackle at all.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Positives from this Season on 17:57 - Apr 29 with 1602 viewsMB26

A positive has been that 90% of the playing squad have shown their true ability and played themselves out of getting a new contract.

New Era 3.0 can begin and hopefully it will be the last time we have to say that for well over a decade. Looks like this will be hardest squad reset that I can remember at least.
Positives from this Season on 18:17 - Apr 29 with 1564 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd keep Toto. It's a shame him and Woolf haven't been given more games to build a partnership, maybe they will next season?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Positives from this Season on 19:02 - Apr 29 with 1480 viewsDarth_Koont

I like him. Has curbed his diving in to an extent although still not perfect, but he’s certainly not lost many duels at all this season. And very good at covering with blocks.

Easily good enough for us in League One and in a defence that hasn’t really been the problem.

Pronouns: He/Him

Positives from this Season on 21:18 - Apr 29 with 1351 viewsTractorFrog

I would definitely keep Nsiala, maybe even as a starting player. He has had an excellent season.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Positives from this Season on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 1313 viewsCoco

Positives from this Season on 21:18 - Apr 29 by TractorFrog

I would definitely keep Nsiala, maybe even as a starting player. He has had an excellent season.

Wow, what superlatives do you have higher than excellent?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Positives from this Season on 21:59 - Apr 29 with 1272 viewsPilgrimblue

Positives from this Season on 21:18 - Apr 29 by TractorFrog

Good maybe but not excellent.

With a decent set of forwards and attacking mids his mistakes wouldn't have hurt us. If he stays then some coaching may make more of him. He should be dominating all our set pieces at 6 3 and scoring plenty of goals/
It's up to him to step up!
Positives from this Season on 08:47 - Apr 30 with 1143 viewsChurchman

The first big positive for me is Evans reduced to a 5% shareholder and new owners. The new owners may turn out brilliant or catastrophic, but had Evans not been shifted, the demise of the club was a certainty. We have a chance now.

Secondly, a clear indication that the football club is getting some structure put in place with crucially a new Chairman and CEO that clearly know their business. Also a new manager who has succeeded everywhere he’s been. I hope can deliver.

Lastly, the youth teams, who’ve done really well and will hopefully receive better, much deserved, support going forwards.

Lots of good things and plenty to look forward to including the building of a proper first team alongside the rebuilding of the football club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024