Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing 19:28 - Apr 29 with 719 viewsGeoffSentence

Why is everything it 'suggests' for me totally irrelevant bllocks?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 19:47 - Apr 29 with 697 viewsFixed_It

Maybe they've read your posts on here?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 686 viewsIllinoisblue

Ads on Twitter are the absolute irrelevant worst of the worst. Dumb as rocks companies may as well set fire to their ad budgets for all the good twitter ads do. The lack of targeting is incredible. I always click on the “why am I seeing this ad” explainer and it’s always “the advertiser wants to reach people aged 35+ who live in the United States” well, gees, how scientific.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 19:56 - Apr 29 with 679 viewsGeoffSentence

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 19:47 - Apr 29 by Fixed_It

Maybe they've read your posts on here?

Now that makes sense. I talk irrelevant bllocks so that's what they serve up to me.

Thank you Fixed_it, you have been very helpful.

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:00 - Apr 29 with 668 viewsDarth_Koont

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 19:51 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

Ads on Twitter are the absolute irrelevant worst of the worst. Dumb as rocks companies may as well set fire to their ad budgets for all the good twitter ads do. The lack of targeting is incredible. I always click on the “why am I seeing this ad” explainer and it’s always “the advertiser wants to reach people aged 35+ who live in the United States” well, gees, how scientific.

I think there’s more smoke and mirrors around digital marketing, and so much pseudo-science too, that it might as well be homeopathic.

I have worked with people who know their stuff – but the vast majority simply don’t.

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 663 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 644 viewsDebsyAngel

Try installing FB Purity - you can tailor it for what you want to see and 95% of the time it works well.

https://www.fbpurity.com/
If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:10 - Apr 29 with 639 viewsJ2BLUE

TWTD is as bad. I get dating adverts. As if any woman is ever going to want this!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:10 - Apr 29 with 638 viewsSpruceMoose

No idea, probably related to why I get bombarded for adverts for kitchen counter tops for three months after I've bought one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:14 - Apr 29 with 633 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 577 viewsIllinoisblue

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:00 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

I think there’s more smoke and mirrors around digital marketing, and so much pseudo-science too, that it might as well be homeopathic.

I have worked with people who know their stuff – but the vast majority simply don’t.

Oh no doubt. There’s a lot of BS around metrics.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:06 - Apr 29 with 551 viewsGeoffSentence

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:10 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

No idea, probably related to why I get bombarded for adverts for kitchen counter tops for three months after I've bought one.

There is at least some kind of link there, however pointless, but I get crap like newspaper articles from Eastbourne and Dumfries And Galloway, in fact I got them on the same day like I was some sort of manic traveller.

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:07 - Apr 29 with 550 viewsDarth_Koont

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 20:52 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

Oh no doubt. There’s a lot of BS around metrics.

Indeed!

There’s never any BS about the billing though. That’s when a lot of these agencies and project leaders really get to work.

I feel sorry for the people who actually care about this stuff and know what they’re doing. That goes for advertising and marketing as a whole. The wheat shouldn’t have to be fighting the chaff every step of the way.

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:10 - Apr 29 with 540 viewsDarth_Koont

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:06 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

There is at least some kind of link there, however pointless, but I get crap like newspaper articles from Eastbourne and Dumfries And Galloway, in fact I got them on the same day like I was some sort of manic traveller.

That’s quite accurate though. You’re not international jet set but you’re definitely a cross-country Cessna to me.

That’s a compliment.

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 522 viewsBugs

I clicked on an article about Alan Shearer and now the internet algorithm is bombarding me with Newcastle FC b0llocks.
If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:57 - Apr 29 with 488 viewsEwan_Oozami

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:07 - Apr 29 by Darth_Koont

Indeed!

There’s never any BS about the billing though. That’s when a lot of these agencies and project leaders really get to work.

I feel sorry for the people who actually care about this stuff and know what they’re doing. That goes for advertising and marketing as a whole. The wheat shouldn’t have to be fighting the chaff every step of the way.

The marketing people at our company are the bane of mine and other cybersec bods' lives - "We'll just slap this bit of unverified, zero-provenance javascript on our pages as the external agency said it'll expand our reach amongst the 25-40 year old rental, gig-economy generation"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 22:05 - Apr 29 with 475 viewsDarth_Koont

If facebook's algorithms are so pervasive and all-knowing on 21:57 - Apr 29 by Ewan_Oozami

The marketing people at our company are the bane of mine and other cybersec bods' lives - "We'll just slap this bit of unverified, zero-provenance javascript on our pages as the external agency said it'll expand our reach amongst the 25-40 year old rental, gig-economy generation"

I’ve met lots of interesting and very, very good people in marketing. I’ve also met some of the least qualified people to be anywhere near a business and other professionals.

If they were working in healthcare they’d be called Angels of Death and arrested.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024