Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isomething of a cautionary tale of football club ownership from investors 22:33 - Apr 29 with 734 viewsdavblue

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-29/bordeaux-suitors-said-to-need

Happy for more enlightened people to correct me on this, on how this is different to our ownership
Model apart from the obvious Hedge fund element.

Just a risk we have to live with I suppose?
Isomething of a cautionary tale of football club ownership from investors on 22:48 - Apr 29 with 684 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's a risk with any owner, Marcus could have pulled the plug at any time. Bolton would be the biggest example of an owner withdrawing funding in this country.... That wad Ken Anderson who I think was mooted as a possible buyer for us before Evans did.

As the article says French football was hit really hit by an ITV digitalesque TV deal collapse.

I think the other thing is owners to seem to get football, at least the 3 lions do. Also the hedge fund performance is exposed the global economies performance in much greater way as they will have more invested in shares which following the pandemic maybe has them nervous, the pension money will be spread across a wider range of risk categories.

But ultimately it's a risk all clubs run to some extent

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Isomething of a cautionary tale of football club ownership from investors on 08:05 - Apr 30 with 543 viewswkj

Financially, there is no doubt that this period of ownership is massively more risky than it was with Evans- We have very little room for mistakes.

However, growth as a club simply never looked possible with Evans in charge - right now it is a fresh slate and hopefully new people with new ideas will achieve growth and then solvency.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Isomething of a cautionary tale of football club ownership from investors on 14:51 - Apr 30 with 407 viewschrismakin

I maybe wrong. But when the links of the takeover were made. Wasnt it mentioned that the ORG fund basically purchased the club so basically a loan to gamechanger..

So for me. Gamechanger will look at further investors into gamechanger itself rather than org funding the club.. is that right or am I miles off

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

St Etienne up for sale now on 18:23 - Apr 30 with 326 viewsrfretwell

Isomething of a cautionary tale of football club ownership from investors on 14:51 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I maybe wrong. But when the links of the takeover were made. Wasnt it mentioned that the ORG fund basically purchased the club so basically a loan to gamechanger..

So for me. Gamechanger will look at further investors into gamechanger itself rather than org funding the club.. is that right or am I miles off

Our old UEFA Cup foes. Our finest away Euoropean performance. How the once mighty have fallen!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024