Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decisions 11:28 - Apr 30 with 1271 viewsmuccletonjoe

Several have already been made , according to Paul Cook's latest press update .
These mainly concern those players leaving the club next month. To be honest , I would be very surprised if he hadn't made his mind up about the entire first team squad by now, and even more shocked if any of them could do anything to change his mind in the remaining 3 games.
I am not going to second guess who will ultimately remain from the pool of 20 odd players he has selected in his brief time as manager. But I would be very surprised if any more than 8 of those survive the summer.
Bearing that in mind, I think most people can have a guess as to what positions will need to be filled, if not the actual names of those who will fill them.
They are; Goalkeeper ( at least one) , left back , central defender ( at least one) , 5 in midfield ( including at least 2 wide men) and at least 2 strikers. That's a minimum of 10 players , although it could be as many as 12.
It will mean if not a complete new team, then very close to it. Pre- season will be very important. A good start to the season won't be as vital as a strong finnish.

Decisions on 11:34 - Apr 30 with 1226 viewsHARRY10

i think those who are out of contract and still not been offered anything might just guess what their fate is

Which might make the team talk before the game a bit pointless

"Go out and bust a gut against Swindon,, but you are still leaving whatever you do "
Decisions on 11:36 - Apr 30 with 1203 viewshype313

Decisions on 11:34 - Apr 30 by HARRY10

i think those who are out of contract and still not been offered anything might just guess what their fate is

"Go out and bust a gut against Swindon,, but you are still leaving whatever you do "

if that's the case then it's in their own interests put put a performance in to put themselves in the shop window.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Decisions on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 1190 viewsmuccletonjoe

Decisions on 11:34 - Apr 30 by HARRY10

These next 3 games are a complete write off, for obvious reasons. It shouldn't bother too many supporters, we have , more than ever, got bigger issues to deal with.
Decisions on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 1149 viewspointofblue

Decisions on 11:36 - Apr 30 by hype313

if that's the case then it's in their own interests put put a performance in to put themselves in the shop window.

Not really; as individuals I think the majority will still be attractive to League One clubs. What would make them unattractive is injuring themselves though, as with Judge, I presume the club will protect ourselves from any risk of paying for their recovery? Tomorrow’s line up will be very interesting in that regard.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Decisions on 11:44 - Apr 30 with 1141 viewsBloomBlue

I don't have an issue with scrapping the whole team but it won't be easy to start the season with a completely new team my concern is if we start badly will the fans be patience or will it become toxic very quickly
Decisions on 11:47 - Apr 30 with 1119 viewsSeablu

Decisions on 11:44 - Apr 30 by BloomBlue

I don't have an issue with scrapping the whole team but it won't be easy to start the season with a completely new team my concern is if we start badly will the fans be patience or will it become toxic very quickly

Oh, it will turn toxic very, very quickly.
That’s a nailed on certainty.
Decisions on 11:48 - Apr 30 with 1114 viewsmuccletonjoe

I think as long as people can see some improvement ( not difficult , I know) , then he will get the season to make a promotion bid. Beyond that, it will become much more difficult for him.
Decisions on 11:51 - Apr 30 with 1090 viewsTieDyedIn95

Decisions on 11:36 - Apr 30 by hype313

You'd think so but these guys are a idiots. Who'd sign any of them after the last 2 seasons? Teams worse than Ipswich mostly. Is that what they aspire to?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Decisions on 12:00 - Apr 30 with 1041 viewspointofblue

Decisions on 11:51 - Apr 30 by TieDyedIn95

You'd think so but these guys are a idiots. Who'd sign any of them after the last 2 seasons? Teams worse than Ipswich mostly. Is that what they aspire to?

Other than maybe Bishop, if we release him, I don’t think they’ll have a choice.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Decisions on 12:07 - Apr 30 with 1006 viewsSWGF

I think the owners may have less patience than the fans.

Re: a new team, the current one were hardly playing like a well-oiled machine and were in/just outside the POs. I refuse to believe a core of new players, drilled throughout preseason, can't better that rabble!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Decisions on 12:37 - Apr 30 with 918 viewsmuccletonjoe

Decisions on 12:07 - Apr 30 by SWGF

I think the owners may have less patience than the fans.

Re: a new team, the current one were hardly playing like a well-oiled machine and were in/just outside the POs. I refuse to believe a core of new players, drilled throughout preseason, can't better that rabble!

In that respect they have very little to beat
Decisions on 12:49 - Apr 30 with 848 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Decisions on 11:42 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Not really; as individuals I think the majority will still be attractive to League One clubs. What would make them unattractive is injuring themselves though, as with Judge, I presume the club will protect ourselves from any risk of paying for their recovery? Tomorrow’s line up will be very interesting in that regard.

Really? I think a few of them have a rude awakening around the corner and may regret not busting a gut to get a contract here or elsewhere these last few weeks.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Decisions on 13:51 - Apr 30 with 707 viewsGuthrum

A lot of the whole "gelling" thing is about new players coming into an existing setup - perhaps quite late - having to fit in tactically and culturally.

An almost completely new designer squad, especially if assembled early, can be drilled in the desired routines from the start. Everyone is on the same basis when it comes to relationships and being established at the club. All players have a clean slate with the fans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Decisions on 13:58 - Apr 30 with 674 viewschrismakin

Decisions on 13:51 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

A lot of the whole "gelling" thing is about new players coming into an existing setup - perhaps quite late - having to fit in tactically and culturally.

An almost completely new designer squad, especially if assembled early, can be drilled in the desired routines from the start. Everyone is on the same basis when it comes to relationships and being established at the club. All players have a clean slate with the fans.

Also. 4 2 3 1 as long your fitness is top draw. It's one if the easiest formations to learn as a footballer.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Decisions on 13:59 - Apr 30 with 671 viewsurbanblue

Decisions on 13:51 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

It's going to be weird isn't it .... almost a whole new set of players running out for the first game of the season.
Decisions on 14:01 - Apr 30 with 660 viewschrismakin

Decisions on 13:59 - Apr 30 by urbanblue

It's going to be weird isn't it .... almost a whole new set of players running out for the first game of the season.

Praying for 1st game to be a home league game. And hopefully see as many town fans as possible.

Its been a tough year for all. Let's all get together to have one hell of a party

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024