Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) 11:31 - Apr 30 with 2141 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can it not be Ross Crane? (n/t) (n/t) on 12:15 - Apr 30 with 1917 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mick's man, innit. (n/t) on 12:21 - Apr 30 with 1892 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 12:27 - Apr 30 with 1872 viewsclive_baker

I mean how can it NOT be the man mountain that is Luke Chambers. The colossus, the marauding right back that has defied all the odds to captain and marshal his men to an unlikely 17 victories, 12th place in League 1 and the 7th best defensive record in the 3rd tier.

Put some respect on his name people.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 30 with 1791 viewsmonty_radio

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 12:27 - Apr 30 by clive_baker

I mean how can it NOT be the man mountain that is Luke Chambers. The colossus, the marauding right back that has defied all the odds to captain and marshal his men to an unlikely 17 victories, 12th place in League 1 and the 7th best defensive record in the 3rd tier.

Put some respect on his name people.

Not one to pass up the chance of a bit of timely irony myself, but it does seem a pity that the bringing down of the curtain on 400 appearances has the taint of player discontent and of being dragged kicking and screaming offstage. Chambers overall contribution and leadership has proved itself over time - shame it can't end with good grace all round.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:03 - Apr 30 with 1778 viewsMrTown

POTY in a relegation season. Followed by POTY is our worst ever season.

Some tribute to end his career with us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 30 with 1720 viewsTieDyedIn95

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 30 by monty_radio

Not one to pass up the chance of a bit of timely irony myself, but it does seem a pity that the bringing down of the curtain on 400 appearances has the taint of player discontent and of being dragged kicking and screaming offstage. Chambers overall contribution and leadership has proved itself over time - shame it can't end with good grace all round.

Proved itself? The last 3 seasons he's been practically invisible during the darkest hours and complicit with player unrest in a previous regime!

Lets move on.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:18 - Apr 30 with 1690 viewsclive_baker

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 30 by monty_radio

It is a shame. He's been a really good servant, a solid and reliable defender and he's taken on far more than he needed to off the pitch too. While my post was a bit flippant, I do hope he's managed out sensitively now and would genuinely wish him all the best with whatever he does next, and thank him for his efforts. He's not the future though, and would be very disappointed if he's offered another deal as I don't see a role for him. Nor do I think he's worthy of POTY this season either, in a season with no real competition for it I still wouldn't have him in my top 3, even on sentiment. I would put Nsiala and Dozzell ahead of him, Wilson too.

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 30 with 1663 viewsjudespiveyg

This just made me think of this clip

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 30 with 1605 viewsBlueBadger

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 30 by TieDyedIn95

Proved itself? The last 3 seasons he's been practically invisible during the darkest hours and complicit with player unrest in a previous regime!

Lets move on.

You've left your numbskull hanging out to spunk all over your trousers there, lad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 1604 viewsKropotkin123

Looking at it objectively... If you haven't started more than 30 games have you really played a season? That leaves...

- Holy
- Chambers
- Dozzell

I think out of those three, Chambers has to be top.

I don't understand how people are seriously suggesting Wilson, who has only started 17 games.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:40 - Apr 30 with 1588 viewsBluefish

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

You've left your numbskull hanging out to spunk all over your trousers there, lad.

Loving the numbskull contest

gIvE iT tO wIlSoN!!1!

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:41 - Apr 30 with 1585 viewsBluefish

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 30 by Kropotkin123

Looking at it objectively... If you haven't started more than 30 games have you really played a season? That leaves...

- Holy
- Chambers
- Dozzell

I don't understand how people are seriously suggesting Wilson, who has only started 17 games.

You have used intelligence and logic. It is wasted on these lot

How can anyone claim to ever be a credible football supporter if they don't agree with your post?

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:44 - Apr 30 with 1564 viewsBlueBadger

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:40 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Loving the numbskull contest

gIvE iT tO wIlSoN!!1!

Numbskull : tHe PlAyErS aRe LaZy AnD doNt CaRe

Also Numbskulls : Don't MaKe OuR haRdEsT wOrKiNg MoSt CoMmiTtEd PrO POTY

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:48 - Apr 30 with 1543 viewsKropotkin123

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:44 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

Numbskull : tHe PlAyErS aRe LaZy AnD doNt CaRe

Also Numbskulls : Don't MaKe OuR haRdEsT wOrKiNg MoSt CoMmiTtEd PrO POTY

Whilst I object to the use of the word numbskull, particularly as someone who would be in category A, I agree with the specific point being made in regards to contradiction.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:49 - Apr 30 with 1532 viewsBlueBadger

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:48 - Apr 30 by Kropotkin123

Whilst I object to the use of the word numbskull, particularly as someone who would be in category A, I agree with the specific point being made in regards to contradiction.

If it was literally anyone other than Chambers, they'd be all for it.

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 14:55 - Apr 30 with 1430 viewsGarv

- Holy
- Chambers
- Dozzell

Dozzell has been consistent but offered little in terms of winning points.

This will go down well but the player who has performed the best when on the pitch is Norwood. Think back to the Portsmouth cup game at home, it was scary how much we improved after he came on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 15:00 - Apr 30 with 1412 viewsclive_baker

- Holy
- Chambers
- Dozzell

It's hard to justify voting for Wilson POTY when he's played in <40% of our games. He's been dependable and solid, but unspectacular.

Toto has played close to 30 though, I think he's certainly in contention. Chambers started well enough, but since the turn of the year in particular he's been terrible, and rightly benched in recent weeks.

Personally I don't really care who wins it, whoever it is will be the best of a sh1t bunch.

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 15:00 - Apr 30 with 1410 viewsjayessess

- Holy
- Chambers
- Dozzell

What's Chambers offered this season that the other two haven't?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Goals and assists. (n/t) on 15:07 - Apr 30 with 1379 viewsBloots

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 15:00 - Apr 30 by jayessess

What's Chambers offered this season that the other two haven't?

Goals and assists. (n/t) on 15:26 - Apr 30 with 1308 viewsjayessess

Goals and assists. (n/t) on 15:07 - Apr 30 by Bloots

Holy's a goalkeeper?

Dozzell's set up more than twice as many chances as Chambers. Is it his fault we missed them?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 1276 viewstextbackup

If he wins it, I’d expect to see a video of him lobbing it off the Orwell bridge in disgust at winning it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You asked a question.... on 15:43 - Apr 30 with 1260 viewsBloots

Goals and assists. (n/t) on 15:26 - Apr 30 by jayessess

Holy's a goalkeeper?

Dozzell's set up more than twice as many chances as Chambers. Is it his fault we missed them?

....I answered it.

If you'd have asked what the other two offer that Chambers doesn't I'd have answered that question.

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 17:09 - Apr 30 with 1153 viewswitchdoctor

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 13:18 - Apr 30 by clive_baker

It is a shame. He's been a really good servant, a solid and reliable defender and he's taken on far more than he needed to off the pitch too. While my post was a bit flippant, I do hope he's managed out sensitively now and would genuinely wish him all the best with whatever he does next, and thank him for his efforts. He's not the future though, and would be very disappointed if he's offered another deal as I don't see a role for him. Nor do I think he's worthy of POTY this season either, in a season with no real competition for it I still wouldn't have him in my top 3, even on sentiment. I would put Nsiala and Dozzell ahead of him, Wilson too.

Dozzel? 🤣🤣🤣
How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 18:34 - Apr 30 with 1063 viewsTractorFrog

I also voted for Luke Chambers, but I don't think it's a shoo-in. Toto Nsiala comes very close for me. It has to be one of the two, but I voted Chambers.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 30 with 1035 viewsSeablu

How can it not be Chambers? (n/t) on 17:09 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

Dozzel? 🤣🤣🤣

It’s Dozzell.
Half-wit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024